PDA

View Full Version : so is this what ours will be like too? [it's a small world]

xsilverxstarsx
04-30-2008, 10:15 AM
so i realized that its a small world in hong kong finally opened up, with disney characters included. so i watched it.. and i really liked it. i thought the disney characters were very subtle and just involves people more into the ride (try to find as many characters as you can!). i really hope this is what ours evolves into. heres the link from youtube. there are many more, but most of the others are split into parts, this is just one long video. what do you all think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2jpmxJF0GrQ

dkthepainter
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I like it.

Bytebear
04-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I only noticed Arial and Nemo/Marlin and Dory in the underwater scene. Where were other characters? I did like that everything was more animated, and was really suprised at how similar the scenes were, and the outside clock looked identical (unless someone mis-titled a video). I did think the final scene was a little short. And it seemed like a lot of scenes were shuffled around and a little close to each other. I didn't get why the bouncing frogs were in Egypt. Maybe it was a plague thing?

tmptink
04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I liked it too. I saw Ariel, Nemo, Dory, Jessie, Woody, and Bullseye. What were the others? Or did I get them all. I was expecting to see Lilo and Stitch.

MammaSilva
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
The video I saw had Lilo/stitch on a surfboard in a scene.

Baloo
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
baloo, bambi, cinderella and prince, pocahontas, mulan, pinocchio, stich, lilo, woody, jessie,bulleye, simba, pumbaa, timon, nemo, dory, ariel, alice, rabbit and the three caballeros (donald, jose Carioca and pancho) are some more of the characters in the attraction

Disney Daddy of 4
04-30-2008, 08:13 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=100275

Another Dimension
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Disney said there won't be nearly as many Disney characters added to DL's IaSW as HKDL was getting.

I think Hong Kong Disneyland's Small World looks nice... inside and out!

Mshell
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I thought I saw Aladdin and Jasmine.

I like it.

houseofmouse
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
baloo, bambi, cinderella and prince, pocahontas, mulan, pinocchio, stich, lilo, woody, jessie,bulleye, simba, pumbaa, timon, nemo, dory, ariel, alice, rabbit and the three caballeros (donald, jose Carioca and pancho) are some more of the characters in the attraction

Mowgali was on Baloo's hand, there is Marie in France on top of the area by the dancing girls. Aladdin, Jasmine and Abu were there too along with some underlaying music from the movie. I still cannot see Alice or Three Caballeros and someone said they say Peter Pan and Wendy too. I too doubt we will get all those. :)

disneysbunnygirl
05-04-2008, 08:03 AM
It was very subtle, not in your face like some people portrayed when the news came out. I liked it and I think the kids will really like trying to spot the characters and how they tie in with each scene.

I can't wait for DL to finish our Its A Small World ride.

olegc
05-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I wonder what the Sherman brothers think of the additions to the soundtrack. If you go back and watch/listen - you will get snippets of the best known music from the film the depicted character is from. Bibbidi Bobbidi Do for Cinderella, Wish Upon a Star for Pinocchio, A Whole New World for Aladdin, Circle of life for Simba. It's not the whole tune, just the one line from the chorus of each tune.

I have mixed feelings about it myself.

I did not mind the characters too much since they are not too garish. However, I was curious as to why the finale had a "theme park" theme to it. Roller coasters, ferris wheels, etc. Interesting...