PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Suggestions

roberts1398
09-24-2002, 11:11 AM
OK, I was all set with RideMax's recommendation to take the train from Main St. to NOS as the 1st F! was letting out, to get a good seat for the 2nd show of F! this Sat. But NOW, I hear the DRR is closed for refurb, and I won't be able to use this method. Any other way to sneak into the area, without trying to swim upstream thru exiting F! fans?

Any suggestions? I'm going alone with my 7 yr old, so getting there hours in advance and waiting is definitely NOT an option...

Ghoulish Delight
09-24-2002, 11:23 AM
To be perfectly honest, if you are simply calm and patient, swimming upstream is not as bad as you might think. They do a surprisingly efficient job of keeping things calm and organized. A group of, oh 10 or so of us managed to traverse from the exit of Big Thunder to the entrance of Pirates without losing anyone in under 2 minutes.

I'd suggest going around and heading in via the Big Thunder Trail route, rather than try to get through Adventureland or Frontierland off the hub.

So just relax, be patient, and keep your head up and it shouldn't be a huge struggle. Of course, with a 7 year old in tow, I understand that may be easier said than done.

Darkbeer
09-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Another thing to do is go ride Splash Mountain. Don't forget that the FP work after the experation time, so if you had say a 6 PM FP for Splash, you could go line up around 8:45 or so...

Plus if you get out early, you can watch the loading/unloading of the barges and ships by standing out next to the Canoes loading area. The characters are very nice and wave and say hello to those waiting in the area. Then right after the show is finished, you can start working your way along the river bank (you will be going WITH the flow of people leaving) and stop right at the middle of the lower area and grab a great seat. :cool:

rexfarms
09-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Another thing to do is go ride Splash Mountain. Don't forget that the FP work after the experation time, so if you had say a 6 PM FP for Splash, you could go line up around 8:45 or so...

Plus if you get out early, you can watch the loading/unloading of the barges and ships by standing out next to the Canoes loading area. The characters are very nice and wave and say hello to those waiting in the area. Then right after the show is finished, you can start working your way along the river bank (you will be going WITH the flow of people leaving) and stop right at the middle of the lower area and grab a great seat. :cool:

So if I get a FP for Indy and the end time is 3 PM I can get in the FP line at 8 and they will still let me?

Also if you walk toward the Hungry Bear(I hope they never take this out) and walk at the same speed at the Mark Twain get off kinda. I always wave to them. But then you miss the end of Fantasmic! .

Ghoulish Delight
09-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
So if I get a FP for Indy and the end time is 3 PM I can get in the FP line at 8 and they will still let me?
That is correct. From what I understand, this is not true in Paris, but at DL, the CMs don't enforce the 1 hour windows. As long as it's after the earlier time on your ticket, you're golden.