PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report omission - Smoking Areas

oregonzooron
09-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Okay, first of all, for any who are interested my trip report is up.

Reading through it, I remembered something I wanted to add - smoking area reviews. I smoke a pipe, and so don't always suffer the social stigma ofter heaped on cigarette smokers, but I do enjoy relaxing with a nice blend.

Note: Please, let's not turn this into another smoking debate. We've heard it before. This is for those who choose to follow the rules and indulge their habits in the compliance to stated guidelines.

There are three smoking areas in Disneyland. They range from dismal to great.

Matterhorn Way: This is what we're used to. If you must smoke, go off to one side and be miserable. Direct sunlight, inadequate seating and just enough proximity to the main walkway to draw the derision of passers-by. This is a place to go if you have no other choice.

Big Thunder Trail: A nice shady spot to take a break. Still a little close to the thronging masses to be really polite, but at least the trail is wide enough here that if they reallyl need to they can cross to the other side.

Rivers of America: This is a haven! Out of the way, but in no way do you feel like you are being treated like a second class citizen. A great location for people watching, with a lot going on around you at all times. Especially in the afternoon when it's shaded, this is a lovely place to settle back with a pipe and coffee and just relax.

The best plan - limit your indulgence to whenever you are in the NOS/CC area. You have a nice place to go, and you'll find yourself smoking less and enjoying it more.

see you at the zoo

ron

disneyscott
09-24-2002, 09:20 AM
I would also like to say that our benches and chairs have been missing...I was hoping that we were geting new benches but there are less places to sit at all three places

disguy
09-24-2002, 09:23 AM
I can't stand the benches in the Fantasyland smoking section. I actually never have a problem with the sections they work very well. Except Thunder trail section really needs more light when it's dark. Oh and of course more restriction when Fantasmic is showing. If you try and smoke at the rivers of America smoking section during a fantasmic show you'll have kids and nonsmokers everywhere, last weekend all the benches were turned around so the kids and others can watch the show...I was quite irritated.

outlaw8
09-24-2002, 10:14 AM
Last time I was in DL I mentioned to my wife how strange it was not to smell or see anyone smoking... I commend all who smoke and stay with in the section to do it. I smoked for 20 years and I know how hard it was sometimes to get to where you "Had"
to be to smoke and stay there.
Thank you all for your cooperation!!!