PDA

View Full Version : changes in fantasmic

joe042279
06-25-2001, 03:09 PM
is it just me or has there been alot of changes to fantasmic since its first year of showing it.
I saw it when it first showed and recently saw it this month. It wasnt the same. I like the original version better.

Ralph Wiggum
06-25-2001, 03:50 PM
A few changes that i know of for sure.

First Ursula that floats by was taken out cause it was damaged but they never fixed it because it was too expensive and something about the company that made it wouldnt do it cause they were mad about some other thing disney didnt pay them for, or something like that.

also, They added fiber-optics to the dragon to make killing the dragon more dramatic.

Depending on what time of year you see it the columbia or mark twain might be in renovation so they do the show a little different.

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-26-2001, 10:15 AM
I haven't been to DL in a while. Does Ursula being gone make Fantasmic better or worse?

Lacrosse Boy
06-26-2001, 12:32 PM
Ursula bein gone, you don't really notice it missing too much.

JRob2k1
06-26-2001, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by joe042279
I saw it when it first showed and recently saw it this month. It wasnt the same. I like the original version better.

Earlier the Mark Twain was in rehab and when its down, all the characters come out onto the island instead of riding the Twain. It's a big difference that can make it look like a big change. Personally, I dont like the characters coming out onto the island, its not as fun and personal as when they glide by on the Twain.

Was that the change??

-JRob

Mandrake Linux
06-27-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
also, They added fiber-optics to the dragon to make killing the dragon more dramatic.
[/B]

Killing more dramatic: Good example for the young ones. Why not make it spew forth blood?

JRob2k1
06-27-2001, 08:32 PM
Its a DRAGON! Dragon's are bad and must be dealt with! Seriously... ;)

-JRob

Mandrake Linux
06-28-2001, 12:32 PM
Mommy Mommy! Look! I think Daddy looks like a dragon! Let's kill him!

Napsto
06-28-2001, 06:50 PM
yea, it must suck when Mark Twain is out. it takes away a big element. and who can't forget watching steamboat mickey driving the riverboat, at least he dances better than madsen.

LuvTDL
06-28-2001, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if any of you were at the park when they started having problems with the Ursula float - they might have changed it since then, but when I saw it this one time, there was just music for a LONG time without ANYTHING happening and it was kinda like "uh oh, what happened??" and aren't they having difficulties with the crocodile float now???

AND... I am one of the people who really liked seeing the Ursula float - it's just not the same without it.. music kinda blares for a while with Ursula projected onto the water but I really liked seeing the float go by..

PLUS, I'm sure that the people who've only seen Fantasmic in it's recent showings really like it but whenever those characters come out on the island, I'm just like "oh geez.." they're so far away! I really liked them passing by on the boat!!! And every time they come out on the island, I'm imagining the boat on fire and characters running around everywhere (so I guess it's good that they're not using the boat but still what has Fantasmic come to?!?!?!)

Anyhow.. okays.. enough of my whining..