PDA

View Full Version : Metro to Anaheim?

rexfarms
09-23-2002, 08:13 PM
How would I get to Anaheim from Santa Monica using the Metro system. No busses though if possible. How close is it to the Resort? thanks!:)

Lost Boy
09-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Are you talking Metro as in Metro Link or MTA Metro?

Metrolink costs about $6.00 to $7.00 and drops you off over near the baseball stadium, and you have to take a bus over to the Park.
MTA you can use the Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line and 460 Disneyland Bus for the last leg and that bus drops you off right at Disneyland's walk in entrance on Harbor Blvd. Cost is about $3.00 unless you have an MTA monthly pass, then it's $1.00 for the 460 as it goes on the freeway.

I use the MTA all the time. From the valley it takes 3 hours. But I read and listen to my music on headphones. The metro link is much faster, but more money, and doesn't stop near the Park. And it doesn't run at night. I think the last train on weekends is around 4pm or so, not sure.

MTA also has the problem of the trains and subway stopping at midnight, so you have to make sure to leave the Park early enough (around 7pm is the latest) so you can get to the subway before it closes.

Both methods have there plusses and minusses. And both are very inconvenient as far as time goes.

rexfarms
09-24-2002, 08:40 PM
Darn that doest really work out for me then. I dont want to leave at 7PM. Sigh well it okay does anybody else know any other ways of cheap transportation? What about Amtrak? Thanks!:)

teri
09-24-2002, 08:56 PM
All the times we stayed in Santa Monica, we drove or took a shuttle. I inquired about buses and public transit, but each time the concierge at the hotels tried to steer us to an expensive tour package.

rexfarms
09-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by teri
All the times we stayed in Santa Monica, we drove or took a shuttle. I inquired about buses and public transit, but each time the concierge at the hotels tried to steer us to an expensive tour package.

Shuttle? Can you give me some info on this? How much was it? Where did it start at, where did it end up? Time? thanks!:)