PDA

View Full Version : HMH changes

CountryBehr
09-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Can anyone provide a good link for me to read what the differences were in the HMH from the regular HM last year?
Thanks

cemeinke
09-23-2002, 08:20 PM
I think the only one anyone's heard for certain is that there will be a new score (curtesy of Danny Elfman).

Any MPers out there who got a sneak peak care to comment?
;)

Nigel2
09-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Since you haven't been on it (I am guessing since you want to know the difference) you may want to look in the archives of Mouse Planet. They did a bunch of things on the whole event.:)

Ghoulish Delight
09-24-2002, 07:34 AM
Who needs a link? (WARNING, SPOILERS. I used the spoiler tag for the biggest spoiler, but if you want to be completely surprised by the attraction, DON'T READ EVERYTHING BELOW!! You've been warned.)

Queue: Halloween/Christmas themed decoration. Pumpikins, wreaths with skulls, candles, and such. A spiel audible outside that, with three different loops, invited the 'auidence' in the queue to practice screaming along to the soundtrack

Stretching Room: A "Night Before Christmas" style spiel. A clever trick with the stretching portraits and the hanging "ghost host"
The portraits started as cute, Christmas themed stained glass. Then, the lights went out, the room began to "stretch," you heard a breaking noise, and the stained glass "broke" and began to show spooky images. Using projectors and blacklight, ghosts floated around the wall. The climax was, instead of the hanging "ghost host," Jack Skelington's HUGE face looking down on you

Hallway: New changing portraits depicting scenes from the movie. Spider webs in front of the "following" busts with words spelled in them (I forgot the words)

Loading room: Large "diorama" on other side of track with some of the character (Lock, Shock, and Barrel, a mildly animated Mayor) and piles of gifts.

Hallway: Zero (the ghost dog) replaces the floating candelabra. Carnivorous flowers singing christmas carols.

Leota's room: Large "tarot cards" depicting characters from the movie. That's really it

Ballroom: Large christmas tree with spooky ornaments. A library upstairs with Ghostbusters style floating books.

Attic: Blacklight+"halloween" version toys with blacklight sensitive paint. Pumpking and ghost heads replace the popping up groom. A huge, glowing snake

Graveyard: Dusted with snow. Snowflakes replace the projected ghosts. Giant pumpkinheaded snow angles loom overhead. The singing busts have Jack-o-Lantern heads.

Hitchiking ghosts: The display that normally follows "Beware of hitchiking ghosts" was Lock, Shock, and Barrel (look for hidden hitchiking ghosts). Instead of the ghosts in the mirrors, you see giant pumpkins, ghosts, and black cats.

Little leota: Replaced with Sally and an animated diorama of Jack piloting Santa's sleigh.

Throughout the whole thing, them music and spiel had been replaced. The score was an original score (in the graveyard, they snuck in a snippet of "Grim Grinning Ghosts"). And the spiel was a Halloween/Christmas themed poem.

Not Afraid
09-24-2002, 08:17 AM
New for his year's HMH (from CM news):

Jack's Holiday Calendar

As guests wait to board their sleigh, they will see Jack's Holiday Calendar - Jack's own version of an advent calandar. Each week of the 13 week run a different package will be opened, revealing a surprise inside.

New Soundtrack by Dany Elfman

New music recorded by Elfman (recorded?)

"Scarols"

Outdoor scream along to 13 classic holiday songs transformed into scary tunes.

CountryBehr
09-24-2002, 08:17 AM
THANKS Goulish!!