PDA

View Full Version : Returning after 20 years

CountryBehr
09-23-2002, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site. I am so excited because I am going to Disney for the first time in 20 years in late October. I am psyched that I will get to see the Nightmare Before Christmas/Haunted Mansion but bummed as well. Both other times I was at Disneyland, as a child, the Matterhorn was closed. Now I see it will be closed when I am there again. Oh well, can't have it all.

I was ready about posts of old pics. I am going to try to find the pics from my trip in 1973 or 1974 and post them on here.

The friend I am going with has secured reservations to Club 33, which is cool since the last time I was there I was 8 and didn't even care.

Anyone have any insider info of anything else Halloween themed that will be going on then at the park? or is the Mansion the only thing.
Thanks!

rexfarms
09-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by CountryBehr

The friend I am going with has secured reservations to Club 33, which is cool since the last time I was there I was 8 and didn't even care.

You lucky mother, you better care this time. lol. I am green with envy.

MouseWife
09-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
You lucky mother, you better care this time. lol. I am green with envy.

:p :p

I was thinking the same thing.........

CountryBehr
09-23-2002, 06:00 PM
Believe me, I am very grateful, especially after seeing all of the websites etc. on Club 33.

I was on Disney's site and saw that It's A Small World is scheduled to be closed when I am there in late OCT. but don't see it scheduled on any other sites.

Any thoughts or knowledge from CMs?

Thanks

tabacco
09-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Probably closed for the holiday install

MonorailMan
09-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Welcome to MousePad CountryBehr!

Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=40) for MousePad rules and policies! :)

Also, if you choose to, please post something about yourself in our Introduction Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4218).

Again, Welcome to MousePad! :)

cemeinke
09-23-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by CountryBehr
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site. I am so excited because I am going to Disney for the first time in 20 years in late October.

Very Cool! I myself, somehow missed the 90's at the park but was thrilled to be back. Indy was increadible, I loved the themeing of Toontown, and was saddend by what's become of the New Tomorrowland. All in all though, I can't seem to get enough and now I've got an AP and go there at least once a week.

I hope you'll stick around and post your impressions of the place after 20 years. I'd love to hear what you think.

roberts1398
09-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Hey Behr ... I visited DL for a few hours last spring, but this weekend, am taking my 7 yr old son for his first ever visit, and my first real visit in some 12 years. So I know how you feel!

I am so excited. Read all the posts you can, both here and laughingplace.com and mouseinfo.com. You'll learn soooooo much.

IASW will be closed for the holiday makeover. Bummer. Too bad you weren't going a couple of weeks later. The holiday decorations and everything hit 11/8 ...

But, on a brighter note, you'll get to see Fantasmic!, which is supposed to stop on 11/2 ... I've never seen this before either, and I hear we're in for a major treat!!!

No fireworks tho. And lots of restaurant closures during the week.

CountryBehr
09-24-2002, 12:00 PM
COOL!
Thanks!

Cadaverous Pallor
09-25-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by roberts1398
But, on a brighter note, you'll get to see Fantasmic!, which is supposed to stop on 11/2 ... I've never seen this before either, and I hear we're in for a major treat!!!

No fireworks tho. Fantasmic is so good, you'll forget you're missing fireworks. :D Too bad you'll miss a few things, but it looks like a good chunk of the park will be up and running then. Make sure you hit Indy, Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin, Star Tours, and Splash Mountain, as well as the old standards.

Hope you have fun!