PDA

View Full Version : Sushi Cart in DTD??

Alpha1mom
09-23-2002, 05:10 AM
Hi,

A few months back I had heard a rumor that they were going to put in a Sushi Cart (take-out?) in Downtown Disney.
I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know?
I know about Yamaboki (sp?) way to expensive!!!

Just wondering...

Coming to DL in 2 days!

cstephens
09-23-2002, 07:01 AM
I haven't seen it lately because I haven't been that way, but they did have a sushi cart out from Yamabuki. It was a fairly limited selection. But then, I'm way too much of a sushi snob to be able to eat sushi from a cart...

KimmyPooh
09-23-2002, 08:47 AM
I went to DtD on Sunday, Sept. 15th. I didn't see a sushi cart. I could have missed it though. :confused:

RStar
09-23-2002, 10:06 AM
I found it a while back in the area around the AMC theater. The food was ok, and a bit pricey. I had the sushi sampler, my wife had a fruit bowl, and we had 2 teas. It came to about $17 FOR A SNACK!:eek:

Denise624
09-23-2002, 10:20 AM
I saw the cart on Saturday night, right out in the middle between Rain Forest Cafe and the Monorail Station. Didn't check the prices, but it was there!

AVP
09-23-2002, 05:27 PM
The cart has limited operating hours, and I think they are open just on weekends right now.

The plate of California rolls is $7.00, there's another plate that's $8.00, and the sushi sampler, (2 CA rolls, 2 ebi and 2 maguro), is $8.25.

It's made at Yamabuki, and brought fresh to the cart throughout the day. In fact, they frequently run out of the sushi sampler because it sells faster than they bring them out.

Yes, it's a tad expensive for a snack, but I really enjoy grabbing a sampler and taking it into Disneyland for a quick lunch. No, it's not "high cuisine", but it's better than buying a slab of greasy pizza.

AVP

Morrigoon
09-23-2002, 05:56 PM
Seriously though, supermarket sushi will run you $5 for 6 tiny California rolls anyway, so it's not *that* out of line, and probably higher quality if it's coming from Yamabuki

AVP
09-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Seriously though, supermarket sushi will run you $5 for 6 tiny California rolls anyway, so it's not *that* out of line, and probably higher quality if it's coming from Yamabuki

Oh, absolutely. I think the quality of the sushi at the Yamabuki Express cart is at least as high as most of the restaurants I've been to. I mean, I've been to events that Yamabuki CATERED, and the sushi was just as good.

AVP