PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Country Bear heads?

Matterhorn Yodeler
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Okay MP'ers, I looked for the Country Bear Jamboree heads last Sunday when I rode the Winnie The Pooh attraction and could not find them...Where are they within the ride? I have read here to look behind me (it's tough with that large beehive shaped back to the ride vehicles), but when?

I only went one time. The friends I was with didn't want to go again, otherwise I would have indured the posted "4 minute" wait to try it a second time.

Oh well, next time...

Sarah B in SD
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
When you enter the room where pooh is in all the honey, after the dream sequence (heffalumps and woozles)...when you first enter look up and behind you...

PanFan
04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Sit in the first row if you can (2nd is okay, but 1st is better). In the 3rd row you won't be able to see them. They're on the backside of the wall as you exit the Heffalumps and Woozles scene (the doorway to Pooh eating all the honey), up above the doorway.

And at least Buff and Max (I think) are in the attractions graveyard, between TDA and the park. If you know where to look, you can see Buff from Ball Rd.

Matterhorn Yodeler
04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Okay I'm on it the next time I go...

Thank you!

oohykitten
04-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay Pan...you have me curious!

Niwel
04-24-2008, 04:56 PM
It's awesome -- and always fun to be in the first row with people behind you who can't for the life of them figure out what the heck you are pointing at. ;)

danyoung
04-24-2008, 05:34 PM
It's probably important to note that these are NOT the heads that used to be on the wall. They were a set of heads that used to hang up over the bar at the Mile Long Bar (the bar that had mirrors on each end which made it look realllllly long!). These are much smaller. Still cool, though, and a great tribute to a past attraction.

JackandSally101
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
And at least Buff and Max (I think) are in the attractions graveyard, between TDA and the park. If you know where to look, you can see Buff from Ball Rd.

Sorry I didn't really get this and it would be awesome to see that. ALso whats TDA

Niwel
04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
ALso whats TDA

Team Disney Anaheim. The large yellow and green building next to the 5 right across from the Sheraton.

HisKid
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Team Disney Anaheim. The large yellow and green building next to the 5 right across from the Sheraton.

Is it that shimmery green-blue-yellow one with the roof that is a row of very sharp repeated angles?

Niwel
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Is it that shimmery green-blue-yellow one with the roof that is a row of very sharp repeated angles?

yup

PanFan
04-25-2008, 12:45 AM
You can see Buff (and currently the Indian who waves at you from his horse while you go by the ROA on the train, except he's completely bald and clothes-free) as you pass Cast Place going along Ball Rd. Look to the left of the security station. You only have a moment to see it (and I don't recommend being the one driving while trying this!) and it will probably take you a few tries. Buff is also fairly stripped down and while you can totally tell it's him, he doesn't have the hair covering him like the one in Pooh.

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Sit in the first row if you can (2nd is okay, but 1st is better). In the 3rd row you won't be able to see them. They're on the backside of the wall as you exit the Heffalumps and Woozles scene (the doorway to Pooh eating all the honey), up above the doorway.

Thanks PanFan! I was there yesterday (Sunday) and did exactly what you said! It was very dark and they were hard to see, but lo and behold, I saw them!

Just another little magical tidbit I learned here at MP!

PanFan
05-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Yay! I'm glad you found them :)

(For the record, the Indian on the horse is no longer behind the security station at Cast Place; he was moved shortly after that post. But Buff is still there.)

BQ2
05-12-2008, 09:29 PM

Yep What Pan said!

SneakyStella
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Looky here...

http://sneakystella.smugmug.com/photos/90857855_2afkm-M.jpg

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Neat picture! Thanks Teresa!