Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Police: 'Spitting' Teen Shocked With Taser At Disney - 5/21/07, WKMG

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Police: 'Spitting' Teen Shocked With Taser At Disney - 5/21/07, WKMG

http://www.local6.com/news/13362859/detail.html

QuikQuote: A teen was shocked with a Taser gun and several others were detained at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom theme park after they attacked officers responding to reports they were spitting at guests, according to police.

2. # ADS

AP holder - WDW Frequenter

What? Did these people not think anything was going to happen to them? I mean for 1) they were spitting on other people and cursing at them (anyone know where this was at?) 2) They ATTACKED a police officer! Maybe they thought they were in a fantasy world where nothing could happen to them.

Horrible horrible, im glad they got charged with battery

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

Can only say they totally deserved what they got. Spitting at someone is a filthy, disgusting habit and it is also assault. Spitting on the sidewalk is also disgusting and it should be prevented by law. I hope the taser really hurt - I have absolutely no sympathy for these punks.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW

Disney World & Star Wars fan Chicago Wookiee's Avatar

It would seem to be stupid enough to attack an officer that you would need to be altered in some way... drugs??? alcohol??? with being the MK at least we know that they were not served at the park.

How stupid can people be??

Thank goodness that Disney will do something to idiots like this.

Anthony w/ 16 year old son. Most recent visits Oct 2009 Pop, 2008 Contemporary, and June 2007 at POR & Pop.
    "I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true." Walt Disney

They should have been tasered for the spitting alone. ha-ha. What a terrible thing to worry about while at WDW.

And of course they are from Long Island. Publicity like this is what makes me ashamed to tell people that I'm from there as well.

I've always wanted to taser someone. It would have been especially satisfying to taser those jerks.

I'm a geek, I never finish anyth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakygeek View Post
    I've always wanted to taser someone. It would have been especially satisfying to taser those jerks.
    And I've always wanted to spit on someone. We should get together.

Just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    And I've always wanted to spit on someone. We should get together.

Just kidding!
    Aww now I'm disappointed. heh.

I've always wanted to taser someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    And I've always wanted to spit on someone.
    Now the both of you just need to find someone who wishes to be TASERed!

Did you know what TASER stands for???
    I believe its: Thomas A. Smith Electric Rifle.
    Anthony w/ 16 year old son. Most recent visits Oct 2009 Pop, 2008 Contemporary, and June 2007 at POR & Pop.
    "I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Wookiee View Post
    Did you know what TASER stands for???
    I believe its: Thomas A. Smith Electric Rifle.
    I didn't know that, and the wikipedaia entry agrees with you.

I was close... it's "Swift" and not "Smith". This goes back to those days (and nights) of playing NTN at the local bar.... how I miss those days...

I say we give the taser gun to Tigger and let him deal with 'em!

Forget the 3:00 parade, I want to know what time this show begins.

I'm glad these people were visiting during a time while I wasn't there. I spend a lot of money when vacationing at Disney and expect a place where people are safe, get along, and enjoy themselves. I really hope these people are never allowed to enter another Disney park again, period. Just imagine how your magical vacation would be affected by some degenerate spitting on you or a family member? These people arrested should feel lucky that a taser gun was all they encountered. Some park guests, like myself, could have taken matters into their own hands and settled it without security.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    Some park guests, like myself, could have taken matters into their own hands and settled it without security.
    That's what I'M talkin' 'bout! YES!
    George and Ashley
    Murfreesboro, TN

DS 10 chimes in

My DS 10 would like to post:

"Those teenagers LOOK like convincts. I'm glad they got TASERd because WDW is a place for children and families to enjoy vacation, and not get spat on."

Mom's post: I have seen a number of nice kids in their teens enjoying WDW without having to resort to spitting and swearing to have a good time. And it's not even that the dreadful teens were behaving badly because they were unchaperoned...apparently, there were two adults with them, which I think is REALLY sad. My DS 10 describes the teens' behavior as "juvenile." His mom says "juvenile delinquent"! At any rate, aren't we glad that probably every one of us can boast that our kids from age 2 to 22 are more mature and well mannered than this lot! Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by Koukla View Post
    I say we give the taser gun to Tigger and let him deal with 'em!
    Hell yeah!
    *DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

All this talk of people not behaving and youths being uncontrolled without supervision...

Reminds me on our stay at ASMo last last October. Crazy, ugly, uncontrolled. Wish I'd had a TASER then to control the unsupervised children!

Wishes he could be watching Wishes. RunninDisney's Avatar

Wish I was the one using the tazer.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
    -1 Corinthians 9:24

Blog Entries

And I wish all the TASER guns and other weapons were flowers
    and that those use them would smell them and. . .

Wait, I forgot--we need some weapons to take out spitting punks. Nevermind!

I just can't imagine investing so much time and money in a Disney trip and then getting there and being spit on. I can't believe that someone would do something like this. Thank you for sharing this interesting experience, and I hope that no one does something even remotely like this again!

Emma

Mousse Master

Woohoo, three cheers for modern science! Hope he smelled like burnt hair for a while lol. Of course, after that the judge should have given him a few days of mk garbage detail as community service.

(sad part is, 10 slackers showed up to guest services the next day asking in which land the new "taser ride" was)

Check out our last trip report Here!
    Got "Shocolate Mousssse" ? CLICK HERE!

ChatterBox Supreme

Wow. Nobody punched them for being spit on? I know my husband would have drilled one of them in the face if he got spit on. I know its a family park and all but really, yuck.

I just found out they are from Long Island....that made me even more mad

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay