Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Bryan Pugh
    Update for February 4 - 10 , 2013
    Legendary Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter resigns | Fantasy Faire nearly complete; opens March 12 | Music and color fills the stage when Mickey and Magical Map opens | Celebrate Valentine's during True Love Week | This and that...

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I'm very sad to hear that the stupid policy of the tram safety messages is now coming to DL. I was in both parks in December, and there was a HUGE difference in the efficiency of the tram loading. In DL, they say no further boarding, all clear, and then take off. In WDW they say no further boarding, and then start the playback of the spiel (which is close to 45 seconds). During that time, if anyone arrives at the tram and gets on, they have to start the spiel over again. I was unlucky enough to experience one of those times where the spiel had to play 3 times before they could get underway. Think about it - a mostly full tram, just sitting there for close to 5 minutes while you had to hear the same spiel over and over again. Totally uncool, and a policy that has absolutely no value at all, other than for legal disclaimer.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I have to agree with danyoung. The tram safety spiel at WDW is one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a Disney theme park. Guests either pay no attention to the cast member yelling at them not to board, or they don't speak enough English to understand what's being told to them, so they board anyway, and they have to replay the safety spiel.

If they really do have to do this sort of thing for legal reasons, it seems like it would make things go much more smoothly for both cast members and guests if they would go ahead and install safety gates at pre-designated boarding areas for the trams. Something like the gates at the monorail stations. That would prevent stragglers from boarding after the safety spiel has started.

Of course, we don't worry about that at Disneyland. We just stay at the Grand Californian and bypass the need for the tram... :-)