Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Favorite Things About Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Ki

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Favorite Things About Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Ki

My Disney Top 5 - Favorite Things About Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Kingdom by Chris Barry

Chris Barry is back with another Disney Top 5 list.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by MousePlanet AutoPoster View Post
    My Disney Top 5 - Favorite Things About Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Kingdom by Chris Barry

Chris Barry is back with another Disney Top 5 list.

Read it here!

Yep, TSI is one of the places that actually makes me feel like a kid again. I love the place! I truely feel sorry for folks that don't "get it" and who want to change it.

Oh man, now everyone will want to visit and it'll be harder to find a chair to watch the world go by! I love the Island and how stress-free it is. I love sitting across from the boat dock facing Liberty Square (is that Aunt Pollys? Can't remember). I wish there was someplace to buy an Ice Cream or drink on the island, but that aside I can plan ahead and bring one. That chair is the one place I look forward to visiting (next to Casey's, PhilharMagic, PeopleMovers, Carousel of Progress, and the Trolley Show)(ok, so I have more than one ) at least once each trip.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

You are talking about Aunt Polly's. A lot of us fondly remember Aunt Polly's serving ice cream and drinks. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing they would bring this back. What a great spot to sit and cool off with an ice cream!

When I was there with my son in May it was too hot for us (and by us I mean me), and I was still feeling the effects of a broken ankle. Tom Sawyer Island was my place to sit (in the rocking chair), and let my son run and play to his heart's content. I felt comfortable letting him explore and play, and I could rest my ankle in the shade. We both needed this time.

Chris, you missed one other thing that is my absolute favorite: The excitement in my child's eyes when we go there.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kober View Post
    Chris, you missed one other thing that is my absolute favorite: The excitement in my child's eyes when we go there.
    Hey Jeff,

It's hard to tell from these pictures, but my boys have the same look!

CB