Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Parenting in the Parks: Planning a Disney Themed Vacation: How Long Does It Take?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Parenting in the Parks: Planning a Disney Themed Vacation: How Long Does It Take?

Planning a Disney Themed Vacation: How Long Does It Take? by Adrienne Krock

The Parenting Panel discusses how long far in advance they plan their Disney themed vacations - whether to parks or on cruises.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Some excellent advice here! I thought I'd add my process just to muddy the waters a bit.

I have several very specific steps for booking my WDW vacation. It all starts with the dates of travel, for me usually a long weekend (Thursday through Sunday). On my planning spreadsheet I'll plug in park hours and events like parades and fireworks as soon as they become available on the WDW website. Next I try to hit the ADR dining window as close to 180 days out as I can. I usually don't have lodging booked by this time, so I have to book the ADRs a day at a time, which is not that big of a deal for a 4 day visit. Then I wait for the lodging discounts to be released, usually 2 to 3 months out, and book my hotel (usually a moderate). And then all I have left is flight and rental car, which I find usually has the best rates about 4 to 6 weeks out.

Then all that's left is the saving of the money to enjoy all those fancy meals and a few souvenirs!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor