Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure Spring 2011 Registration [Basic & Advanced sold out; 101 still open]

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MouseAdventure Spring 2011 Registration [Basic & Advanced sold out; 101 still open]

Aloha!

Grab your grass skirts and get ready to hula, as MouseAdventure presents our Spring 2011 event: MouseAdventure Luau!

Whether you've played every game since 2000 or are forming a team for your very first Adventure, there's a division just right for you! More information about MouseAdventure can be found at www.mouseadventure.com.

Basic Division
    Disneyland Park
    MouseAdventure Luau will send you on a merry hunt through Disneyland to solve a series of mysteries created by the Tiki Gods. You'll need the time management skills of Maui and the balancing talent of Ngendi (but probaby not the dancing skills of Koro) to solve these tasks before the luau ends!

Registration for the Basic Division is $95 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disneyland on Sunday, April 10. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.
    Advanced Division
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks
    If you crave even more MouseAdventure, register for the Advanced division and try your hand at all of the Basic Division quests PLUS an extra set of challenges inside Disney California Adventure.

Registration for the Advanced Division is $120 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on Sunday, April 10. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.
    101 Division
    Disney California Adventure Park
    For brand-new teams who just want to get an idea of what this MouseAdventure thing is all about without the stress of competition, our MouseAdventure 101 event is for you. Try your hand at a series of classic MouseAdventure puzzles from past events in Disney California Adventure in a relaxed, non-competitive setting. Teams play only for bragging rights, and there is no post-event Award Ceremony: results will be posted on the Web site about a week after the event. The MouseAdventure 101 event features an extended sign-in period with a pre-game new player orientation session. Teams can also participate in T-shirt and mascot competitions before the main event begins.

Registration for the 101 Division is $45 per team. Each player will need admission to Disney California Adventure on Sunday, April 10. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.
    Be Prepared!

MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission. All registrations are final. Registration is strictly limited by the capacity of the event venue, and teams may not change divisions or add players after registration closes. Once we are fully registered, we cannot make special exceptions or extend registration. There is no waiting list for this event.

Your MouseAdventure team must consist of at least two players and no more than four players. Some people like having four brains on their team; some teams work better with just two or three players. It is up to you to decide whether you want 2, 3, or 4 people on your team, but there are often advantages for larger teams.

MouseAdventure events can sell out very quickly, so you'll want to have your team's details before registration opens:

• Pick a team captain who will be responsible for registering your team. Don't assume your teammate is going to register for your team!
    • Decide on a team name. (optional, but if you are going to have a team name, you must provide it during registration)
    • Be sure to have the first name, last name, and email address for each member of your team. Note: This is a really good time to add mouseadventure@mouseplanet.com to your e-mail client's approved sender list. (If you use Earthlink or Hotmail, we can not guarantee that you will receive event-related e-mail from MouseAdventure. We STRONGLY encourge players with Earthlink or Hotmail accounts to register for another e-mail address [GMail is free, and works just fine] to ensure you receive all of the messages from MouseAdventure.)
    • Names for personalized buttons (optional)

Registration

Registration for all divisions will open at 9am Pacific Time on Thursday, February 24 online at www.mouseadventure.com.

Registration will close on March 27, or whenever the division sells out. Space for each division is extremely limited. Players must be at least 6 years of age and one player on each team must be at least 18 years of age.

Coast-to-Coast Challenge

In 2011, we will recognize teams that compete in a MouseAdventure event on each coast. To participate in this challenge, teams must register for the Spring 2011 event in Disneyland and the Fall 2011 event in Walt Disney World, and the majority of players from the team must participate in both events.

Prizes will be awarded to the team with the highest combined score in each of the basic and advanced divisions. If fewer than 5 teams participate in a division, no prize will be awarded for that division.

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The roll call and team seeking players/players seeking teams threads will go up on registration day!

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!!!

(OK, so it doesn't fit the theme, but it's the way I feel! and SunolMouse already used a very theme-appropriate response!)

Cathy

Woohoo! Can't wait.

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

Cptn: Rainbow Ridge Rider of Anaheim

Is there going to be a Family Division? There is no mention of it in the emailed newsletter. I sure hope so.

Team Captain of
    The Rainbow Ridge Riders of Anaheim

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Is there going to be a Family Division? There is no mention of it in the emailed newsletter. I sure hope so.

Team Captain of
    The Rainbow Ridge Riders of Anaheim
    Family division is just a function of how many family teams register for a division, but it is not a separate registration division. If there are more than 10, then we have a family division. If there are fewer then 10, we don't. There almost always are 10 family teams in basic and 101, so I wouldn't be too worried.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Cptn: Rainbow Ridge Rider of Anaheim

Awright! Family Division

YEAH!! Well I know there will be 1 team in family!

Music Man

Question about the Coast to Coast Challenge: are you still giving teams badges if they participate? Or are you only giving the winners prizes?

If you do give participation badges, will you consider teams that play in the fall 2011 WDW event and in the Fall 2011 DL event (whenever that will be) elligible for a badge?

Thanks!

- Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Will the Advanced Division have more time to complete the quests than Basic, or are the start/end times the same for both?

Two quick questions...

1) Will there be Disneyland ticket discounts available this year like there were last spring?

2) Will Masters teams be able to sign up by email? (Assuming it's not an Invitational...)

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

How many people can be on a family team?

The mosted wasted of days, is the one without laughter-E E Cummings

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nursechrissy32 View Post
    How many people can be on a family team?
    At least two, no more than four, same as any other team.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Since we're currently planning our Hawaiian honeymoon, I choose to view this theme as a deliberate recognition of our awesomeness. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Of course now there's more pressure to perform...

SO excited about the Luau theme!

Katrina - Proud DLR APer

I know this has come up on previous games, but 'search' is not easily finding the answer. Can a team change names after registration? or do we have to get it right the first time?

Also, hate to repeat a question, but it may affect our decision. Will advanced division (2 parks) have the same start/end time as basic (1 park)? (if we go advanced, i see we get more quests, but do we get more play time?)

Thanks!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cintheworld View Post
    I know this has come up on previous games, but 'search' is not easily finding the answer. Can a team change names after registration? or do we have to get it right the first time?
    You *may* change a team name after registration, but it creates more work for us AND your new team name may not appear in every usage depending on how early we print some materials.

So, if you don't mind making the staff [read: the people who also grade the game] grumpy and you don't mind if we still use your original team name on some materials, then yes, you can change your name after registration.

Also, hate to repeat a question, but it may affect our decision. Will advanced division (2 parks) have the same start/end time as basic (1 park)? (if we go advanced, i see we get more quests, but do we get more play time?)

Thanks!
    At the moment it looks like Advanced will have another 1-2 hours of play time, but we do not have a final schedule.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmores View Post
    Question about the Coast to Coast Challenge: are you still giving teams badges if they participate? Or are you only giving the winners prizes?
    There will likely be a Coast to Coast badge, as there was for 2010.

If you do give participation badges, will you consider teams that play in the fall 2011 WDW event and in the Fall 2011 DL event (whenever that will be) elligible for a badge?

Thanks!
    We have not decided that yet, but the Coast to Coast Challenge is ONLY for Spring Disneyland / Fall Walt Disney World. We will not have a Fall Disneyland / Fall Walt Disney World division.

Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Two quick questions...

1) Will there be Disneyland ticket discounts available this year like there were last spring?
    We believe so, but I'm still trying to get that information.

2) Will Masters teams be able to sign up by email? (Assuming it's not an Invitational...)
    Yes, and that's going out today.

thank you!

Curiouser and curiouser... redleader's Avatar

There's a Snake in My Boot will be there! We are really excited about this theme. And we are back to our four original team members.

Mouse Adventure Team: "There's a Snake in My Boot!"
    Fall 2010 Trick or Treat, Family Division - 1st Place

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redleader View Post
    There's a Snake in My Boot will be there! We are really excited about this theme. And we are back to our four original team members.
    Welcome back!

The roll call thread will be up and ready tomorrow morning.
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Registration today

Where on the website will we go to register? I'll be late to work so that I can register so I'd like to have it up and ready. Thank you!

- Julie

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julierika View Post
    Where on the website will we go to register? I'll be late to work so that I can register so I'd like to have it up and ready. Thank you!
    It should be MouseAdventure.com; but if not there will be a clear link from that page. (I don't want to bug the registration engineer for a more precise answer so close to registration opening)

ETA: http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MouseAdventure Roll Call!

The roll call thread is up and ready. Let the games begin!

Hakuna Matata

I registered, then tried to pay and got this reply:
    An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Are we in or should I do it again?

- Julie