Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Welcome MousePlanet Volunteers!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Welcome MousePlanet Volunteers!

This new forum has been created to discuss, plan and organize volunteer events that are eligible for the 2010 "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" promotion. If you are interested in acting as a HOST for a MousePlanet Volunteer Event, please feel free to start a new thread in this forum. To help keep everything organized, please include your City, County or Area and your State in your thread title. Depending on your area, this may be a specific city, or even an entire state

Example:

Dallas, Texas
    San Francisco Bay Area, California
    Southern Utah

For right now, we're asking that you only start a new thread if you are willing to act as the HOST for a Volunteer event. Hosts are responsible for selecting a volunteer opportunity from the HandsOn Network site (which means you get to choose a program or organization that's important to you!), and coordinating with local MousePlanet readers who want to volunteer for your activity. We know that details of specific volunteer opportunities will not be available until after the first of the year, so we're just looking to get Hosts and regions established now, with the event specifics to follow.

If you are interesting in volunteering for an event, then once a Host starts a thread for your area, feel free to jump into the conversation!

We're looking forward to a great year, and we can't wait to see what kind of organizations MousePlanet readers choose to support. We've seen how incredibly generous our readers can be, and this promotion seems tailor-made for MousePadders!

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

AVP, hopefully it is okay to remind padders there is an existing thread about how the promotion works for technical questions about how to get signed up with the HandsOn Network and how the promotion is expected to generally work? (By which I mean this thread.)

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Absolutely. I expect we'll wind up with our very own "how does it work" thread in this forum before long.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Just wanted to compliment you on an excellent interview with Andrea Rivas as seen in the embedded "youtube" video on today's (Monday December 28th) Disneyland Park Update.

The video explains the details of both the promotion and the publicity tour surrounding it and clearly talks about the alternative offers for AP holders.

Plus it was nice seeing you on-camera for the interview!

As a "full time" volunteer puppy raiser for Guide Dogs of America, I am so pleased to see this promotion and especially grateful for Mouseplanet's extra efforts in organizing volunteer events. I'm looking forward to signing up after the first of the year and participating!

Thanks again and best wishes for the New Year!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just read this from a link in the "News" Section of MousePad, where donating blood in some areas of Florida on a weekend in January will qualify for the free pass.

Although I can't donate, when I did it was MUCH closer to an hour total time than a full day. (The hour is when you include all the 'pre stick' stuff, filling up the bag and also the cookies and hydration station). Which means that the million passes may go even faster than people are thinking!
    Cathy

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

I'm guessing since the FAQ says the ticket an be used for an upgrade to an Annual Pass or Multi-day ticket that it can also be upgraded (by paying the difference) to a park hopper?

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

It's now way easier to sign up for certain opportunities. If you choose an option without a specific date, you can organize when you are going to volunteer with the agency, according to what would work with your schedule, then follow the link that Disney sends you and describe what you are doing for the organization. It's way easier than trying to get a specific day when those are going fast. I haven't had any trouble with the computers there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    It's now way easier to sign up for certain opportunities. If you choose an option without a specific date, you can organize when you are going to volunteer with the agency, according to what would work with your schedule, then follow the link that Disney sends you and describe what you are doing for the organization.
    Yay! Thanks for the good news!
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

I posted some more information in the internet problems post, that may help everyone find an opportunity that would work for them.