Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Card Games: Deuces Wild -- Post-game Thread

Card Games: Deuces Wild -- Post-game Thread

Thanks to everyone who came to play yesterday. What did you think of Card Games: Deuces Wild? Share your favorites, least favorites, game strategies, and anything else here.

2. # ADS

MouseAvengers had a great time! We loved the physical challenges in DCA and Toon Town, but skipped out on charades -- that one killed us for time during the last game, and we weren't looking forward to repeating that one. We never made it to the Hats suit, but we finished almost all of the other three, most of the eye spy puzzles, and did the Deuces Wild challenge. That one was pretty hilarious -- hopefully Tony's bike survived without harm! I really liked how the Sudoku puzzle numbers ended up being used in two quests; that was a fun extra element. The only quest that truly made us groan was the one that led us to Aladdin's Oasis. We were among those that failed to count the feathers on both sides of the wall, d'oh (I told Alex he was evil for that one). Oh well! I also really liked the word search quest that led to the Frontierland board. I did that one all on my own, so it was extremely satisfying when it worked out correctly. We sadly never did see the hidden quest walking around, but thought that was pretty hilarious. I wonder if we walked right by with our heads buried in clipboards... Thanks for a great event, MousePlanet!

We had a great time yesterday. We never made it into Disneyland but we did buy the cards so I'm sure we are going to go and try to solve those at a later date. I would have LOVED to do the charades. That was one of my favorite quests on a previous game. I liked how the eye spys were done this time, very clever. I found the hidden quest and that was really exciting! Our scatter point was DTD and we spent more time there than we should have but that is okay, you live and learn your strengths and weaknesses the more you play. The King quest at the compass in the esplanade had us cursing at Alex several times, we got the question worked out but ran out of time to go get the answer. Good times! Many thanks for a great (and exhausting) day.

Team - Club 34
    1st place Family Basic In MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family Basic in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!
    2nd place Basic in The MouseAdventure Zone (Fall 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by tinxgrrl71 View Post
    We had a great time yesterday. We never made it into Disneyland but we did buy the cards so I'm sure we are going to go and try to solve those at a later date. I would have LOVED to do the charades. That was one of my favorite quests on a previous game. I liked how the eye spys were done this time, very clever. I found the hidden quest and that was really exciting! Our scatter point was DTD and we spent more time there than we should have but that is okay, you live and learn your strengths and weaknesses the more you play. The King quest at the compass in the esplanade had us cursing at Alex several times, we got the question worked out but ran out of time to go get the answer. Good times! Many thanks for a great (and exhausting) day.
    We started in DTD, too, and felt that we spent waaaay to much time there. We also didn't make it to Disneyland. I had a feeling that there were a lot of us that were in the same boat. Speaking of boats, where was the boat, boat, boat sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by ntz4bbl View Post
    Speaking of boats, where was the boat, boat, boat sequence?
    We didn't find it, but if my memory serves correct, Alex mentioned they were up above the restaurants at Pacific Wharf.

Quote Originally Posted by tinxgrrl71
    The King quest at the compass in the esplanade had us cursing at Alex several times, we got the question worked out but ran out of time to go get the answer. Good times!
    Do you mean the Dueces Wild quest? If so then we were in the same boat. We managed to get the correct answer with a little bit of luck mixed in. How did everyone know which way to rotate around the compass? We only found the correct area of bricks since so many other teams were working there.

Fantastic event though. I'm always HIGHLY impressed with the production level of MA. The quests are creative and fun, the staff is incredible, and I always leave exhausted yet wanting to do it all again ASAP.

My team blew through the Shields Suit (minus the Q - we got stuck trying to figure out what was Electric and Interpersonal) in about an hour, so we felt like we were going to have a pretty successful day. The Masks suit slowed us down way more than we wanted and we never looked at the Hats puzzles.

I had an amazing time (as usual), so thank you Alex and MA staff for making MA one of my favorite events throughout the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    How did everyone know which way to rotate around the compass?
    A positive number on a compass is always clockwise, negative is counter-clockwise. This was a question that was asked at my station many times.
    MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Yet another great MouseAdventure! Thanks to the staff for another great event!

Our team decided to start in DCA and man, were we regretting it after a while. The Flo's gas pump quest killed us! I definitely need a math refresher, because we were struggling. Also, early in the day, we figured out the Sardine quest, but pulled the answer from the window display, rather than the picture spot. I think Alex mentioned that they were giving teams later in the day credit for both answers, but since we completed it in the AM we were turned away. Any way to get those 20 points back? As usual, the physical challenges were my favorite part of the event. I loved that the charades made a comeback! Overall, it was a tough game for our team, but we had a blast! Already can't wait for the next one

Team Catface Meowmers til the day i die.

Weasley is our King.

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    A positive number on a compass is always clockwise, negative is counter-clockwise. This was a question that was asked at my station many times.
    Ahhh, well now i know!

On a funnier note, as we were combing the bricks for the state names I overheard a guest walking by say, "Oh my god. They have to find a specific brick out of all of these?! That sounds miserable!" If only he knew the kind of torture we're subjected to.

Quote Originally Posted by ntz4bbl View Post
    Speaking of boats, where was the boat, boat, boat sequence?
    Where might you find boats in DCA?

There are boats used as a shade structure for seating next to Rancho Cucamonga in Pacific Wharf. Each boat has a number on its prow.

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    On a funnier note, as we were combing the bricks for the state names I overheard a guest walking by say, "Oh my god. They have to find a specific brick out of all of these?! That sounds miserable!" If only he knew the kind of torture we're subjected to.
    When we started the search, there was a giant social club group meeting on the compass. They were looking at us like we were nuts :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    When we started the search, there was a giant social club group meeting on the compass. They were looking at us like we were nuts :-)
    I did the same to them.

We went crazy trying to find the sign for "Disney Themed night" in DTD. Anyone find it so I can finally put my mind at rest?

We had an absolute blast! We fininshed almost all of the Hat suit and then turned in early to go play in the parks. It was our little guy's first Mouse Adventure and I think he had a blast as well!

Happily ever after

Quote Originally Posted by kbushue View Post
    We went crazy trying to find the sign for "Disney Themed night" in DTD. Anyone find it so I can finally put my mind at rest?

We had an absolute blast! We fininshed almost all of the Hat suit and then turned in early to go play in the parks. It was our little guy's first Mouse Adventure and I think he had a blast as well!
    We ran across it by accident ~ Pinocchio's Workshop inside Grand Californian.

Oh man, didn't even think to look in there. Thanks! Now I think I can think about something else.

Happily ever after

I am not sure why our team San Diego Mouse Catchers gets bogged down with some quests and just doesn't think hey only 20 points lets move on. Unfortunately while I was having soooo much fun, kind of love the card game, I got sick and with 2ish hours left had to quit the game. I am going for tests so hopefully the fall event I will finish :-) It has been 50 50 lately as to whether I finish a whole MA. We have also decided that we have had 2 first place wins for so long that we no longer want to master. LOL just play MA competitively forever. haha

Meant to ask -- in Toon Town, we chose "ABC" for the Jack quest, but were curious as to what the "123" option was. Anybody know?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Meant to ask -- in Toon Town, we chose "ABC" for the Jack quest, but were curious as to what the "123" option was. Anybody know?
    You were asked to count all the acorns at Chip n Dale's house + the old ball pit.
    There were 105-110 - so as long as your number fell in that, you got the points. We gave all teams two chances to give us their number before switching them to ABC.

I would say half the teams that did 123 ended up on ABC.
    All the teams that did ABC got it.
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by kbushue View Post

That was a gimmie for our team - my daughter works there!

We couldn't ind the "Poem" in GCH, we knew about the text above Storyteller, but we never considered that to be a poem.

Like last Card Games, we finished only half of the possible points (Hats and Bears). We each had individual moments of glory and also collaborated nicely, which is always a goal but not always a reality. LOVED this type of hidden quest - my teammate tinxgrrl71 spotted her when the rest of us walked by, oblivious. She's our best spotter, for sure. It seemed like the lower-level quests were harder this time, while the face card quests were easier. We really enjoyed the 2 Jack quests we got to (tossing coins in a fountain, and assembling a map of the Rte 66 states). We should have tackled the Deuces Wild quest earlier, like DH kept urging - oh well, live and learn.

It wasn't planned at all, but we're glad we never got into DL, since we heard the crowds there were insane. Even the lines for bag check were crazy. What on earth was going on???

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

As a completely new team, DL Cattle Co. had a blast! We answered (some correct!) most of the Ace-10 questions and attempted a few of the face cards. Time management was an issue. What was the Evil paragraph in the Bugle? We will compete again and hope there is a fall event and dates get posted soon! Our team isn't local- half came from Idaho and the other half from Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    It wasn't planned at all, but we're glad we never got into DL, since we heard the crowds there were insane. Even the lines for bag check were crazy. What on earth was going on???
    Cheerleaders, why did it have to be cheerleaders?

We chose to do the deuces wild challenge before even leaving the ballroom thinking that it was going to be similar in format to the half-marathon and we could interleave those tasks. We ended up working it after the DL suits and before DCA and DD suits.

We did most of the lower rank cards in DL and all the face cards in DL except the Q on Main Street because it was too crowded to easily see the shop windows on Main. In DCA and DD, we did maybe 3-6 lower rank cards; anything that was going to take more than 5 minutes or so we abandoned and completed all the face card quests in those two suits. In all, we did all the J's and K's successfully, abandoned one Q, and erred on one Q.

Our team worked together quite well, but everybody had a "moment" at one time or another. We had a great time. I think charades was the most fun quest (very little stress for us as my wife and daughters seem to communicate telepathically sometimes).
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Like last Card Games, we finished only half of the possible points (Hats and Bears)
    We only finished Shields and Masks. We discussed that we thought a lot of teams that started in DL probably only finished those two, and many teams who started in DTD or DCA only finished the other two. Well, obviously not the masters and advanced teams who scored a bazillion points!

We had a lot of fun, especially since we came home with a fantastic prize bag! We were so excited, especially since this may have been our last event in the family division before DS ages out.

There were some "duh" moments, like when we counted the feathers on the entrance to Aladdin, rather than the "short wall" and had to go back, but in the end it worked, because we had decided to give up on the Indiana Jones shipping, then DS found it while we were back counting the right feathers.

We spent way too much time on the A-10 of masks, but LOVED the J-K. As soon as we saw "behind Harbor Galley" we knew it was charades! We stopped by the dock on the way and got our list, then mom and I did the word search while kids went to the island. We had the queen quest done and were ready and waiting before the boys' raft made it back from the island.

My kids ROCKED the charades! We did it so fast. In the car on the way there in the morning, we had talked about the charades from the last game. We discussed how they had struggled to communicate "Ariel" but how for "White Rabbit" they just pointed to the white part of their shirts, then made bunny ears behind their heads, and we got it right away. I saw them with big smiles, repeating the same signs for the Alice ride this time!

The King of Masks looked really scary, and when we first looked at it, we decided we would try it, but not waste too much time on it if it was as hard as it looked. We answered the questions and sat down at Rancho del Zocalo and had it figured out in no time. There were people in line for TM giving us strange looks because I was laughing maniacally as I figured out the folding.

We've been playing for many years now, and I continue to be impressed at the production and the genius that goes in to this event each time. A big thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make MA happen! You are all AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    We've been playing for many years now, and I continue to be impressed at the production and the genius that goes in to this event each time. A big thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make MA happen! You are all AWESOME!
    A big "ditto" from us on that! It was scary when AVP said at the post-game ceremony that there wouldn't have been a Spring MA this year if Alex hadn't been available to write this one. What would we do without MA??? Six months is a long time to wait between them - a year would be unbearable!
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

A big "ditto" from us on that! It was scary when AVP said at the post-game ceremony that there wouldn't have been a Spring MA this year if Alex hadn't been available to write this one. What would we do without MA??? Six months is a long time to wait between them - a year would be unbearable!
    I third this wholeheartedly :-) A year is way too long!

Quote Originally Posted by horsemom67 View Post
    As a completely new team, DL Cattle Co. had a blast! We answered (some correct!) most of the Ace-10 questions and attempted a few of the face cards. Time management was an issue. What was the Evil paragraph in the Bugle? We will compete again and hope there is a fall event and dates get posted soon! Our team isn't local- half came from Idaho and the other half from Arizona!

It asked what were the 2 kinds of candy in the end cars of the candy train? The candy train was in the window of the candy store.