Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HELP...Looking for 6 day ticket to Disneyland

HELP...Looking for 6 day ticket to Disneyland

I am hoping you Mouse Planet people can help me! I am looking to buy a 6 day ticket for Disneyland. You use to be able to buy them online, but they are no longer available. We have bought 8 day passes directly through Disneyland in the past. This time I am just looking for a 6 day. I talked with Disneyland tonight and was told that they no longer sale 6, 7, or 8 day passes. UGH!! Anybody have any suggestions?

2. # ADS

But the 5 day and add a day at the ticket booth before the end of your 5th day.

Just buy a 5 day pass and then buy a one day ticket? A one day ticket is $125.00...that would be super expensive! It used to be like $10.00-$15.00 more to get like a 5 day to a 6 day. So, to buy a one day ticket would be alot more money! Thanks for the idea, though!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyis4us View Post
    Just buy a 5 day pass and then buy a one day ticket? A one day ticket is $125.00...that would be super expensive! It used to be like $10.00-$15.00 more to get like a 5 day to a 6 day. So, to buy a one day ticket would be alot more money! Thanks for the idea, though!
    No. Buy a 5 day then upgrade it to a 6 day for the $5/$10 more. They will let you add days up to a total of 8 day ticket. You will likely have to put your names on them (and possibly show IDs at the gate) because too many have sold off extra days on the longer tickets. This is how they try to prevent others from doing it.

Blog Entries
    That wasn't what 3P1P was saying. Buy the 5 day pass. Then go to the ticket booth during your first few days and explain you would like to add one more day. If they say you can't, ask for a lead, then ask them. 5 day to a six day used to be $10, adn to go to a 7 day would be another $5.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thank you guys so much! I was hoping that 3Princess1Prince and Malcon10t would respond! You always have such great tips and information! I really appreciate the help!

Let me know if that works I need to do the samething in November we were able to get three of our passes before the price change but had no idea thay would take away the six day passes.

Quote Originally Posted by cfitz/pirates View Post
    Let me know if that works I need to do the samething in November we were able to get three of our passes before the price change but had no idea thay would take away the six day passes.
    Numerous reports on other sites of people being able to do this.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    That wasn't what 3P1P was saying. Buy the 5 day pass. Then go to the ticket booth during your first few days and explain you would like to add one more day. If they say you can't, ask for a lead, then ask them. 5 day to a six day used to be $10, adn to go to a 7 day would be another $5.
    Can anyone confirm this? As anyone tried this? I am certainly going to try it, just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with doing this.

Blog Entries
    Can anyone confirm this? As anyone tried this? I am certainly going to try it, just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with doing this.
    I have done it in the past, I have not done it this year.

I bought 5 day passes. When I went to the ticket booth to pick up my passes ( I had a voucher that had been emailed to me), I asked them to add a day. The charge was $5 per pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    any idea if this would work with the 3-day military passes?

thanks

LL
    -I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LLevy View Post
    any idea if this would work with the 3-day military passes?

thanks

LL
    No. The special discounted military tickets can't be upgraded without losing the discount. You will have to pay the difference between the military price and the 5 day price, then you can add days beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by grammyof4 View Post
    I bought 5 day passes. When I went to the ticket booth to pick up my passes ( I had a voucher that had been emailed to me), I asked them to add a day. The charge was $5 per pass.
    Thankyou this is a great thing to hear and only 5$ to upgrade, I cannot wait till our trip and see all the christmas decorations and fireworks. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by grammyof4 View Post
    What do you mean by voucher? I will be buying my 5 day pass online and then printing the ticket. But, I am not sure what a voucher is.

What do you mean by voucher? I will be buying my 5 day pass online and then printing the ticket. But, I am not sure what a voucher is.
    If you buy from someone other than Disney (Ares travel, getawaytoday, etc) they email a voucher you have to take to the ticket window to exchange for tickets. If you buy from Disney they email you e-tickets you can take straight to the gate where they can exchange for your ticket.

The key word is barcode. If there is a bar code, you take the print out to the gate, where they scan your 8 by 11 piece of paper from your printer for a ticket. If there is not a bar code printed on the print out it is a voucher and has to be exchanged at a tciket booth with ID and the CC used to buy them online, to recieve your tickets.

I went to Disneyland last month with my wife, children and my parents. I'd booked us 6 day tickets through the Disneyland website, though we wanted 8 days there. Before entering the park on the morning of day one, I went to the ticket booth and had them upgrade me from 6 to 8 day passes. Was only $5 extra each if I recall correctly.

I really hope they don't clamp down too hard on the longer-staying tickets. When you come from halfway across the world to see the park like I do, you can't just stay for 3-4 days.

I think the reason they stopped selling longer than 5 day was that they couldn't prevent people from sharing them. If you upgrade from a 5 day to a longer ticket they can require you to put your name on them.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I think the reason they stopped selling longer than 5 day was that they couldn't prevent people from sharing them. If you upgrade from a 5 day to a longer ticket they can require you to put your name on them.
    All they have to do is put in the same gate technology that WDW uses. I really don't see why they haven't done that. Oh wait, that would reduce the number of cast members involved. (There's usually only one CM for two turnstyles plus the stroller/wheelchair gate in between at WDW). And I've seen them make people sign admission media that was shorter durations, too.

ETA: I mean to sound harsh to DL, not you, 3P1P!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
    I went to Disneyland last month with my wife, children and my parents. I'd booked us 6 day tickets through the Disneyland website, though we wanted 8 days there. Before entering the park on the morning of day one, I went to the ticket booth and had them upgrade me from 6 to 8 day passes. Was only $5 extra each if I recall correctly.

I really hope they don't clamp down too hard on the longer-staying tickets. When you come from halfway across the world to see the park like I do, you can't just stay for 3-4 days.
    So it sounds like you went pretty recently, so that would be good news for me. When you say you booked 6 day tickets through the Disneyland website, does that mean you had a vacation package or did you just have tickets? If you just bought tickets did you print them off the Disneyland website? Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I clarify, so I have all the info I need. I understand about coming along ways. We come from Idaho and we really like to stay as long as possible!

So it sounds like you went pretty recently, so that would be good news for me. When you say you booked 6 day tickets through the Disneyland website, does that mean you had a vacation package or did you just have tickets? If you just bought tickets did you print them off the Disneyland website? Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I clarify, so I have all the info I need. I understand about coming along ways. We come from Idaho and we really like to stay as long as possible!
    They booked they're package before they got rid of the 6 day passes in June (yes they got rid of them in May, but they were available in packages until mid June). Package tickets come in the mail 3 weeks before your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    All they have to do is put in the same gate technology that WDW uses. I really don't see why they haven't done that. Oh wait, that would reduce the number of cast members involved. (There's usually only one CM for two turnstyles plus the stroller/wheelchair gate in between at WDW). And I've seen them make people sign admission media that was shorter durations, too.

ETA: I mean to sound harsh to DL, not you, 3P1P!
    True. I'm not sure why they haven't done it. Maybe they don't see the need because they don't offer NE tickets.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    True. I'm not sure why they haven't done it. Maybe they don't see the need because they don't offer NE tickets.
    But when they first started it, it was for APs only. Helps eliminate the need for the CM to have to use judgement to determine if the face on the screen matches the face of the person in front of them.
    Cathy

Can you do that to a 3 day ticket too ? If I decide to stay another day or want to go in on our travel day for a couple more rides ?

~CourtneyAnne~ Single MOM to Twins and MUCH MORE
    Trips to DL~9/06~2/07~6/07~10/07~New Year's 2008~11/8/08~2/08~2/09~10/12~