Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    How do you get to this link? Is it through rD or AP site?
    Though the Disneyland AP site, not the WDW one. The link was posted this morning on the Disneyland AP Facebook page as well. Once there, you will be asked for your AP login to proceed.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    How do you get to this link? Is it through rD or AP site?
    It's through the AP site, but if you can't get into that site, here's the direct link:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...ENT_ID=2070078

I had to reset my password to get into the AP site today. Not sure what that's all about.

Here's the direct link for the DVC member early registration page:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...078&CHECKSSO=0

I'm not posting the discount code. If you're a DVC member and can't get into the DVC site, call member services for the code.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I'm registered for the 5K and the 10K.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Headless Chicken

I'm registered for the half. *gulp*

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Cool, cstephens and Disneyphile!!! Proud of both of you for making the jump!!!

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Signed up M for the Half - his first Half!

And I noticed that they've changed the proof of time requirement. You now need POT for anything under 3:15!

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I don't have plans right now to sign up for the 10K. I already signed up for the half during Princess half registration.

Blog Entries
    Signed up M for the Half - his first Half!

And I noticed that they've changed the proof of time requirement. You now need POT for anything under 3:15!
    I believe that's what they changed the POT for, for the 2014 WDW races, too. I think (and have stated in the thread where it came up) that it's going to create a greater disparity in paces in that last corral (or however many corrals they have for 3:15 to 3:30 and those that didnt submit their POT in time, because they're not allowing 'expo changes' to corrals, either). But I do see the point, because my sister (we started near the start of the last corral at W&D, and she finished in 3:12 chip time) was passing people from two or maybe 3 Corrals ahead of us during the race. The "estimate your finish time low to give you extra buffer to keep ahead of the sweepers" strategy was getting too much out of hand, I guess.

And Go M!!!
    Cathy

Headless Chicken

My goal is to finish in 3:15. Should totally be able to stick to the training schedule, since most of the long weekend runs are in the much cooler months. I'm also shooting to be below 200 pounds by then. There will be a LOT to celebrate at that finish line!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    My goal is to finish in 3:15. Should totally be able to stick to the training schedule, since most of the long weekend runs are in the much cooler months. I'm also shooting to be below 200 pounds by then. There will be a LOT to celebrate at that finish line!
    The only 'wrench' in the training schedule, for me, for races in January is doing the long miles around Christmas travel, since I always visit family for a period over Christmas (and it's a heck of a lot colder in Oregon than Louisiana in December!)
    Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Way to go both of you!!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I am so, ahem, UNHAPPY about this announcement that I can't begin to express myself in uncensored language....

Ok. So. Now that y'all have been tormented by my excessive use of the all-caps key. I'll take a break. Needless to say, I think this decision suck big green smelly rancid boogers.

(Sorry. I'm a tad bitter.)
    This pretty much nails it for me and our family. My wife did the 1/2 last year and we had all talked about doing the 5k (and one of the dashes for my 7 year old)...but being in Nor Cal, this just isn't going to work for us. We'd have to take of both Thursday and Friday from school (my wife and I both teach), and I just can't justify it. A lot of long faces around here, however...

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I believe that's what they changed the POT for, for the 2014 WDW races, too.
    Yep. The terms are very explicit and they will no longer have the ability to allow corral changes at the runner relations counter at the expo.
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

Never having had to change corrals at the expo -- was it that hard to deal with, or were people counterfeiting whatever sticker (I think I remember seeing stickers) that Disney used to change a person's corral, or were they forging proof of time/Disney had a hard time verifying on the web right there???

I don't recall Disney even coming out with the corrals/bib numbers that early - (I think W&D is the last date for POT for WDW weekend) -- how can you know if there was a snafu in your POT/corral placement soon enough to get it corrected? Am I just way overthinking this???

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Never having had to change corrals at the expo -- was it that hard to deal with, or were people counterfeiting whatever sticker (I think I remember seeing stickers) that Disney used to change a person's corral, or were they forging proof of time/Disney had a hard time verifying on the web right there???

I don't recall Disney even coming out with the corrals/bib numbers that early - (I think W&D is the last date for POT for WDW weekend) -- how can you know if there was a snafu in your POT/corral placement soon enough to get it corrected? Am I just way overthinking this???
    Frankly, I think it was just a lot of work and extra computer equipment/ printers they decided they didn't want to deal with at the expo. I actually challenged last year's placement as I had a 2:19 half marathon finish over July 4th and forgot to send in an update. It only bumped me from the D to the C corral. Same finish time easily got me into the B corral for Princess, Tinker, and Wine/Dine. The corral placement breaks tend to change from year to year based on how many people register and how fast of proof they provided. Unfortunately, they usually don't tend to come out until close to the event weekend.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Hey, just fyi... it looks like registration for the Tinker is actually up and live on Active.com. If you are waiting to register in the morning, you might want to jump NOW!

Last edited by RunningFool; 07-09-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    RunningFool

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Hey, just fyi... it looks like registration for the Tinker is actually up and live on Active.com. If you are waiting to register in the morning, you might want to jump NOW!
    Yep, I have had numerous co workers register today and yesterday... couldn't figure out how they got to after I was feeling very * privileged* with my AP advanced sign up, but I guess active.com has opened it up.
    A dream in a wish your heart makes! Engaged at DL December 2008, honeymooned at DL December 2009, too many other trips to mention! Happiness is being and AP holder! Looking forward to the day my kiddo is old enough to enjoy the parks as much as I do

~Shelby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie7762 View Post
    Yep, I have had numerous co workers register today and yesterday... couldn't figure out how they got to after I was feeling very * privileged* with my AP advanced sign up, but I guess active.com has opened it up.
    I can't imagine that both Active.com and runDisney aren't aware this is an open registration link so obviously the 'very limited' pre-sale isn't very limited. It will be very interesting to see what capacity each of the events 'opens' with tomorrow. I would not want to be part of runDisney if too many spots are already gone at 9:00 a.m. / 12:00 p.m.!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

It is 5:34 a.m. PST on Tuesday July 9th and yes, the Active.com registration link is still open and available for your registration pleasure.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

And to no surprise, just about an hour before the 9:00 a.m. opening, Active.com shut down the Tinker registration link. Gotta make it look like it hasn't been wide open for days, eh?

RunningFool

Blog Entries

If you are struggling (like apparently many are) with the runDisney site being overloaded this morning, you can go directly to Active.com to register for Tinker. Click here.

And by the way, runDisney must be so very challenged right now with all the events they have on their plate. Noticed this on the Tinker site this morning:

Registration is now open for the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend!

•Tinker Bell Half Marathon
    •Tinker Bell 10K
    •Never Land Family Fun Run 5K
    •runDisney Kids Races
    •Pasta in the Park Party
    •ChEAR Squad

RunningFool

Headless Chicken

Has Disney ever offered the race insurance on their races prior to now?

A friend of mine really wants to register, but her job might send her out of the country in January (she wouldn't know until this fall), and she doesn't want to lose $175 on uncertainty. I notice the insurance has been an option on other races registered through Active, so is Disney just being jerks about it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Has Disney ever offered the race insurance on their races prior to now?

A friend of mine really wants to register, but her job might send her out of the country in January (she wouldn't know until this fall), and she doesn't want to lose $175 on uncertainty. I notice the insurance has been an option on other races registered through Active, so is Disney just being jerks about it?
    I've never seen it before on any of the races I've signed up for in the past but then I might just have missed it.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Awesome. It's now 3:11 p.m. PST and I just received the official notice from runDisney that Tinker Bell is now open for registration. The date of the email is July 9th and the time sent on the email is 2:02 p.m. What's interesting is what is at the bottom of the email...

Registration for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon opens tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. EST (9:00 a.m. PST) and is expected to fill up fast, so register early to ensure you're part of the 2014 event.

Wow...things must be a bit confused right now at runDisney.

RunningFool

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Awesome. It's now 3:11 p.m. PST and I just received the official notice from runDisney that Tinker Bell is now open for registration. The date of the email is July 9th and the time sent on the email is 2:02 p.m. What's interesting is what is at the bottom of the email...

Registration for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon opens tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. EST (9:00 a.m. PST) and is expected to fill up fast, so register early to ensure you're part of the 2014 event.

Wow...things must be a bit confused right now at runDisney.
    I got my email at 4:22. At least when you click on the link about registration, it takes you the registration portion of the Tinkerbell half, and clearly states that registration is open.
    - Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!