Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MA DATP/ Basic/Advanced Thoughts from MA Card Games

Quote Originally Posted by disneymamaof3 View Post
    It's hanging off the fastpass distribution/return time sign.
    Thank you! I guarantee we looked at it several times without actually "seeing" it.
    www.RunningoftheEars.com

MA Teams Luck Be a Lady & It's My Way or the Skyway!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Hawk View Post
    Would you mind posting a link to the photo bucket where you uploaded the pics? Thanks in advance. And 40th place for us! We are definitely getting better every time. Can't wait for fall....
    I am still working on getting all of the pictures up. But here are the links to the albums...

STARS

ROCKETS

CROWNS

BEARS
    MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Quote Originally Posted by rickosuave1987 View Post
    At the top of the page, go to VIEW > LIST and then you can click the column headers to sort through the results.
    Thanks! That worked!

At the top of the page, go to VIEW > LIST and then you can click the column headers to sort through the results.
    Thank you!! That did it!

Thanks for another great event! This one must have been a monster to organize, so congratulations to the staff for everything.

LOVED the Queen of Bears. We do Disney charades together, so it was right up our alley. Pluto was surprisingly hard to perform - there are so many dogs in the Disney universe. Luckily the spousal mind-meld was functioning because my husband figured out what I was doing galumphing around on the ground and pretending to lick things.

Was King of Bears "broken"? The beginning and ending were clear, but the middle was a jumbled mess. I tried it again today, reconstituting the cut-and-fold cards and making copies, and still got the same result. We were able to solve it only because we remembered that crate from a previous MA, but I wonder if something went wrong in production on this one.

I'm only sorry that we didn't get to experience almost half the cards, because flipping through them now I see a lot that look really neat! If only we had had 16 hours instead of just 8...

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    Thanks for another great event!
    My thoughts as well, though it was our first event.

Also, a HUGE thank you to Club 34 for making the pre-game and post-game sessions incredibly fun! We were so lucky to end up sitting behind you guys, and I'm so happy you turned around to chat early on. You guys added to the spirit of fun & friendship that I think belongs in every Disney event. Cheers! And we'll see you next time around!

I am still working on getting all of the pictures up. But here are the links to the albums...
    Thanks for all the work that went into this! Of course, gadget girl that I am, I now want one of those cameras...
    Proud member of Gumball Rally & MouseAdventure Team "It Doesn't Matterhorn"

Was King of Bears "broken"? The beginning and ending were clear, but the middle was a jumbled mess. I tried it again today, reconstituting the cut-and-fold cards and making copies, and still got the same result. We were able to solve it only because we remembered that crate from a previous MA, but I wonder if something went wrong in production on this one.
    We were kind of in the same boat on that one. I was able to figure it ot, but I never could actually make it show the words that I figured out were there. I wondered if I had folded them incorrectly, or if I had some of the numbers wrong.

I got over 7500 of the pictures up in those photobucket albums. Feel free to browse through them and download if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    Thanks for all the work that went into this! Of course, gadget girl that I am, I now want one of those cameras...
    The GoPro cameras are pretty cool. The new HD ones are WAY cooler than the old ones. I have 2 of the originals and then 1 of the newest model. They are a bit pricey, but worth the price. Especially if you are into any outdoor sports. I use mine on my Baja bug all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    We were kind of in the same boat on that one. I was able to figure it ot, but I never could actually make it show the words that I figured out were there. I wondered if I had folded them incorrectly, or if I had some of the numbers wrong.
    I worked on King of Bears with a teammate who did the cutting, and we didn't get an exact spelling of words either. But we got enough to figure out what it had to be. Reading the word "MERCHANTILE" was especially comforting.
    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

I wanted to add my thanks to the staff for putting this event on. To come up with 52 quests is just mind-boggling then to also design the cards so they included the eye-spies was great. This format isn't our team's forte, but we loved many of the components so overall it was a good day. Of course, now we have spent a week working on a better strategy for this type of game. Can't wait to have another go at placing in the fall.

Thumbs up Awesome Event!!

We (Oswald Returns) had such a GREAT time on Sunday. This was one of our favorite MouseAdventures, which says a lot since this was our 18th event. We had so much fun!!! Looks like we placed 9th place in AdvancedIm pleased with that.

Check-in was extremely smooth. I was so impressed with the organization. I thought the dismissal process was good. It seemed a fair way to get everyone out the door.

I LOVED the format. It was very satisfying to get points awarded on the spot. I really enjoyed having so many puzzles and the decision making that came along with that. We really enjoyed the Queen quests. It was great to see the Happy Haunts on Main Street. We also loved the Queen of Bears quest. So fun!

Here's a little run-down of our day...we started with Rockets and completed every quest in that suit. We moved on to Bears and finished all but the 5 and the King (we decided ahead of time we didnt want to do a counting quest. Those seem to bite us more often than not). Then we moved on to crowns and got all but the 6, Jack, and King. We were running short on time so we had to make a desicion. We had already prepped for Stars and thought we could quickly get the A-10 at 20 points each versus the time it would take to complete the Jack and King. The King puzzle looked really cool and that was hard to pass up! We got answers for seven of the DD cards but didnt have time to get the three that were in DCA. We turned them in at 3:57 hoping to quickly take care of the Queen. Then we found out it was at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. We couldnt make it there in three minutes. What was the physical challenge there anyway? Wish we could have made it. We then had 30 minutes to solve the Jack and King of Stars. We could not find the characters called out in the Jack quest. We saw the name Gus on the tile mural near the Disneyland Hotel, so I wrote the name of the picture, which sounded very much like a motto. We were so close to solving the King puzzle, but our brains were fried and we ran out of time. We had How many fingers.green or something like that. I didnt hear what the final answer to that was. Nonetheless, what an awesome day at the park and dinner/drinks afterwards definitely a do-over!

Always great to see so many familiar faces and many we haven't seen for a long time. A HUGE Thank you to all the staff who made this great day possible. I hope we will see a MACG#2 sometime in the future.

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

The fingers one was haw many fingers do you see on the alternating red and green sign (or something like that). It was the walk/ don't walk sign on the side of d-street in DD.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    Then we found out it was at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. We couldn’t make it there in three minutes. What was the physical challenge there anyway? Wish we could have made it.
    It was the "how to make sure that as many crew members as possible had blisters on their fingers quest."

Ahem I mean...

Teams were given a kit containing a colored tongue depressor with TEN holes HAND DRILLED into them. There were several pieces of pipe cleaners, some to make legs by putting them through the TEN HAND DRILLED holes and some to make wings by putting them into the TEN HAND DRILLED HOLES and then paper wings to string onto the white pipe cleaners. (You know, the ones you put into four of the TEN HAND DRILLED HOLES.)

There were two self-adhesive googlie eyes in the kit, too.

These created a dragonfly. There's a sign in the trail that says it's good luck for a dragonfly to land on you.

The quest? Put the Dragonfly on your forearm (NOT YOUR HAND) and walk across a rope bridge on the trail without dropping the dragonfly from the tongue depressor with TEN HAND DRILLED HOLES.

TWO teams started (and finished) the quest.

But there were enough kits with HAND DRILLED HOLES for every advanced team... (Leftovers were passed out at the ballroom.)

Signed,
    A Crew Member with a blister/callous on her right forefinger, married to the Crew Member who apparently was the fasted hand driller, per Alex. Could you tell?
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Also, a HUGE thank you to Club 34 for making the pre-game and post-game sessions incredibly fun! We were so lucky to end up sitting behind you guys, and I'm so happy you turned around to chat early on. You guys added to the spirit of fun & friendship that I think belongs in every Disney event. Cheers! And we'll see you next time around!
    Ohmigosh, hi! How fun to run into you again on the board! We're so glad that you'll be doing this again. Hopefully we'll run into each other again next time!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    My thoughts as well, though it was our first event.

Ok, wait - Are you guys the team I was talking to after the game for awhile???

I think you wore green shirts???
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Was the PhotoAdventure the last MA Alex wrote for?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

I was going to say no, I didn't write that. But I went and looked at the recap and it turns out I did.

I have absolutely no memory of it. Weird.

But yes, it was the last one I did before this one.

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Ok, wait - Are you guys the team I was talking to after the game for awhile???

I think you wore green shirts???
    Yeah, I think they had bright green shirts (some bright color, anyway) with "It Doesn't Matterhorn" and a picture of the Matterhorn. They were sitting in front of us at the awards ceremony, and I remember you were talking to them quite a bit then. Nice folks!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think they had bright green shirts (some bright color, anyway) with "It Doesn't Matterhorn" and a picture of the Matterhorn. They were sitting in front of us at the awards ceremony, and I remember you were talking to them quite a bit then. Nice folks!
    Yep. I'm pretty sure that was the team!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    I was going to say no, I didn't write that. But I went and looked at the recap and it turns out I did.

I have absolutely no memory of it. Weird.

But yes, it was the last one I did before this one.
    Oh neat, that was my first one. So that makes me doubly sad that I missed this event (if I can't find a team next time, DARK SIDE here I come!)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm always intrigued by how the 'hidden quest' is hidden. What was it this time around?

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

It was so hidden, it wasn't part of the game.

In the end, there were so many moving parts it didn't seem necessary. Also, there just wasn't much time for putting one in and making sure it didn't mess with anything else.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And that would be why nobody was talking about it!
    Thanks Alex. I'm still kind of bummed I didn't get to play this game.

Cathy

We're Missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Are you ready for some results?

MouseAdventure Card Games (Competitive) Results on Google Docs

Click the tabs at the bottom to switch between sheets; each division is on its own sheet. There is also a sheet of Basic (Combined) so you can see how, for example, the New teams did against the Returning teams.

As a reminder, the full event recap article will not be published until after the upcoming Day at the Park event.

Why is Team#25 in the Advanced Division missing!! I would like to know my score too so how can I find out??! Thanks- Marlena