Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Toy Story Mania Fast Pass?

Toy Story Mania Fast Pass?

I read somewhere that TSM was getting fast passes and also that Disneyland and California Adventure would be connected now so that you can't get passes in both parks anymore in the same FP window.

Does anyone know if either of these is active now? We are going soon and just want to be aware!

Thanks

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavesprite1 View Post
    I read somewhere that TSM was getting fast passes and also that Disneyland and California Adventure would be connected now so that you can't get passes in both parks anymore in the same FP window.

Does anyone know if either of these is active now? We are going soon and just want to be aware!

Thanks
    Starts Thursday April 6th. https://www.mouseplanet.com/11742/To...rnia_Adventure
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Wavesprite1 View Post

Thanks

Reports this morning are that Toy Story does have FP even though it's not showing on the app. Not sure yet about the connected systems. I'm sure someone will report later that they tried. It's still early.

Another board someone said it was showing for them on the app but I know I pulled it up and don't see it. All I get is the wait time. There was no update to the app either. They did have a picture of a FP though for TSMM on the other board though but haven't seen news yet on the systems connected or not. I can imagine someone will test it though.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post

Before now, the Fastpass networks for Disneyland and DCA ran independently, allowing those in the know to collect Fastpass tickets for Disneyland and DCA rides at the same time. Not a lot of people actually did this, because it required the entire party to visit both parks to have their tickets scanned for admission and to activate Fastpass eligibility.
    Actually it didn't require the entire party to enter both parks, just one. You could send a single runner (with the party's tickets) to the other park to retrieve fastpasses once the party entered a single park. That is, unless this changed in the year or so since my last visit.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Actually it didn't require the entire party to enter both parks, just one. You could send a single runner (with the party's tickets) to the other park to retrieve fastpasses once the party entered a single park. That is, unless this changed in the year or so since my last visit.
    Correct. Grabbed Racers fastpasses last week while the rest of my party who had only entered Disneyland so far that day were riding Space Mountain. Grabbed a Star Tours fastpass first before heading over to DCA. I will miss being able to grab fastpasses for each park one right after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed View Post
    Correct. Grabbed Racers fastpasses last week while the rest of my party who had only entered Disneyland so far that day were riding Space Mountain. Grabbed a Star Tours fastpass first before heading over to DCA. I will miss being able to grab fastpasses for each park one right after the other.
    This.
    I also still object to Matterhorn getting FP, all this is going to do is low the line down. That line moves constantly now.
    Of course we never had a problem with Toy Story's line either. We never eaited more than 45 minutes and it was a great one to just have a snack and chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    This.
    I also still object to Matterhorn getting FP, all this is going to do is low the line down. That line moves constantly now.
    Of course we never had a problem with Toy Story's line either. We never eaited more than 45 minutes and it was a great one to just have a snack and chill out.
    Agree. My only issue with Toy's line was that indoor space being miserable no matter the temp outside. If that was cool in there it would have been even better but honestly when we wanted to ride it we would wait the 45 or less. The last few times we went on it there wasn't much of a wait at all since we went early. Matterhorn always moved good enough for us when we did decide to do it (which wasn't often when it had no cushion). Now with FP on them both that standby is going to be ridiculous.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

To me , adding FP is an easy way to get special guests ND your groups to the front of the line without using a tour guide or drawing attention. Just hand them the pass(es) and off they go and it's not noticeable to most.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

There was a confirmation on AVPs Mouseplanet Twitter account with a pic of a Star Tours fastpass that was denied because the person was holding a Soarin fastpass.

Thanks olegc for that info.

There was a confirmation on AVPs Mouseplanet Twitter account with a pic of a Star Tours fastpass that was denied because the person was holding a Soarin fastpass.
    Wow, that's a real change! I'm glad to know this before our next visit. Thanks.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Blog Entries

One of the statements I saw yesterday was that TSMM typically had waits of 45 to 60 minutes. Fastpass goes in Thursday and the wait jumps to 80 and 90 minutes. Close to double. And this will repeat with Matterhorn on 4/28 and Pirates later this spring.

One of the statements I saw yesterday was that TSMM typically had waits of 45 to 60 minutes. Fastpass goes in Thursday and the wait jumps to 80 and 90 minutes. Close to double. And this will repeat with Matterhorn on 4/28 and Pirates later this spring.

I glanced at the app a couple times yesterday and it did jump up in wait time. Which was a given. It will repeat with everything else as well that ends up with it added. I remember it tried before on Pirates and how horrible an idea it was before. Its to bad that no one learned from the past mistakes how this ends up.

This in't entirely true. Although I expect wait times to increase, the app was consistently showing TSMM with a wait of 70-90 minutes midday this week before FP rolled out yesterday. It has been extremely busy this week at the resort.

This morning looked pretty light though as 20 minutes after 8 RSR only had a 30 minute wait, Peter Pan 20, and Space 40. Everything else was less than 20. Just checked again at RSR is still at 30 minute with FP being distributed for 10-11AM and Space is only at 25. Sorry for all the people who were there the last few days where waits for Space were at an hour within 20 minutes of the park opening. Last Friday looked pretty good in the morning too. I wonder how many people are ending their spring break trips before Friday.

I would think we should all be able to get more normal wait times starting next week when all the Easter breaks are over. I was in the parks on Saturday 8th and they were packed. It was really bad when the fireworks were cancelled and everyone was trying to leave DL. It was faster to walk through Downtown Disney back to the parking structure.

On 4/22 right now at 12:30 pm TS has a 50 min wait, GR has 55 min, and Soaring has a 40 min.

90 minutes on TSMM right now at 11:15 AM. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by ZestyHarper View Post
    90 minutes on TSMM right now at 11:15 AM. Yikes!
    Its Dapper Day on top of the end of Spring Break for many. So not surprised at that one today.