Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for May 19 - 26, 2014
    Disneyland price hike | Prepare to Rock your Disney Side | Did runDisney leak the next Disneyland race? | Ariel's new Undersea Adventure | Frozen pre-parade | This and that... | Question of the Week | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

STUPID DISNEY!!! I tell my wife on Friday that we're going to buy our tickets for our Novmeber trip next week because they'll probably go up the first of June. So they go and raise them over the weekend. Nothing like getting hosed my the Mouse. I guess I've got plenty of time now to decide whether or not I get an Annual Pass. Though with a $20 increase, I'm more apt to just go with a 5 day ticket now and skip any future trip to the parks for a place that offers DISCOUNTS!!!!

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

I'm so glad Disney is doing something to combat the ever-increasing onslaught of passholders. The concept of an "off-season" is rapidly disappearing, and the parks are just packed full of people all the time, so I'll gladly pay more to enjoy a less-crowded Disneyland.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgra View Post
    I'm so glad Disney is doing something to combat the ever-increasing onslaught of passholders. The concept of an "off-season" is rapidly disappearing, and the parks are just packed full of people all the time, so I'll gladly pay more to enjoy a less-crowded Disneyland.
    Were you a fly on the wall during the interview I *just* gave a local radio station? They asked me why Disney raised prices and suspended sales of the SoCal pass, and that's pretty much what I told them. ;o)
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Thank you *so* very much for breaking it all down, Adrienne. Really appreciate the time you took to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Were you a fly on the wall during the interview I *just* gave a local radio station? They asked me why Disney raised prices and suspended sales of the SoCal pass, and that's pretty much what I told them. ;o)
    Along with davidgra, I am hoping for a less-crowded happy place, and would've loved to hear that interview.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

I bought a Deluxe AP 2 years ago, when we had enough notice back then to buy before rates when up. Not looking forward to a trip in 2015 with another increase, (and they will proboably give the 60th Anniversary as an excuse)

Finding a Win-Win?

The parks are overrun but I see huge backlash if SoCal APs are eliminated altogether (much more than annual price increases). Even Disney won't want that type of bad press.

Disney PR folks: how about grandfathering current AP holders or instituting some type of lottery? It would be great to see Disney roll out some type of affinity program based on engagement with the brand including and beyond park attendance.