Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sonic and In-n-Out Burger question

Sonic and In-n-Out Burger question

I was wondering about these two restaurants as we don't have them here in alberta so any info would be great also i did look at older threads and found some info about where they are but they mention they are by a character warehouse i was wondering if this is the one by Target? before the block at orange . We will be taking the ART to target so i was curious
    Thanks

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

No, that's not by Target.

Target is a few blocks South of Disneyland, on Harbor. (It's just about a mile.)

The character warehouse is North of Disneyland, off of Harbor. (About 3.5 miles.)

I can't speak for Sonic but In N Out Rocks.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    No, that's not by Target.

Target is a few blocks South of Disneyland, on Harbor. (It's just about a mile.)

The character warehouse is North of Disneyland, off of Harbor. (About 3.5 miles.)

I can't speak for Sonic but In N Out Rocks.

Adrienne
    Thank you. I was told that there was a character warehouse across from target but oops i was wrong .
    Both of the places look so good lol

In-n-Out is really good, but the menu is very limited. Pretty much just hamburgers, fries, and drinks (soft drinks or milkshakes). Everything is made fresh and is quite tasty. The employees are really nice, at least at the ones I've been to. It's definitely worth checking out. I've never been to Sonic.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

You can also get grilled cheese at In N Out.

ETA: To clarify - In N Out and Character Warehouse are in the same shopping center.

Adrienne
    Cheeseburger Animal Style. Trust me....

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Disneyland Regular

In-n-out does have a limited menu, but they have a lot of "styles" that are not on the menu. Ask about them and you will learn there is Animal Style (special sauce), Protein Style (lettuce instead of a bun), etc.

Sonic is a car hop. The one by the character warehouse is typical, and has parking spaces where you order into a speaker right from your parking space. They come out and deliver the food right into the car. Very 1950s. They are also well known for their specialty shakes, like peach and kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
    I was wondering about these two restaurants as we don't have them here in alberta so any info would be great also i did look at older threads and found some info about where they are but they mention they are by a character warehouse i was wondering if this is the one by Target? before the block at orange . We will be taking the ART to target so i was curious
    Thanks
    In-N-Out is a southern California institution, Sonic seems like a Johnny-come-lately. If I were going to choose one over the other...I'd choose In-N-Out for that reason alone.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytebear View Post
    In-n-out does have a limited menu, but they have a lot of "styles" that are not on the menu. Ask about them and you will learn there is Animal Style (special sauce), Protein Style (lettuce instead of a bun), etc.
    Official In N Out Secret Menu

Unofficial Secret Menu with even more options

Here's the wikipedia article on the topic

Adrienne

Number 1 Animal Style w/chiles extra toast, fries well done thank you.

There is a Target at the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe.

It is on the south west corner in the Fullerton Metro Center.

In-n-Out is on the North East corner of the intersection, and Sonic is just a couple of blocks east of Harbor (Lemon and Orangethorpe).

Also, In-n-Out is not in the same complex as the Character Warehouse, In-n-Out is in the Costco/Chuck E. Cheese complex on the North East corner.

The Character Warehouse is on the South East corner, in the Orangefair Marketplace complex.

And if I had my choice.. In-n-Out, and if you have room, a Churro from Costco afterwards for just $1.

Last edited by Darkbeer; 09-11-2007 at 08:48 PM.
    Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Sonic is good for specialty flavors for sodas and lemonaide and their shakes. Other food is very mediocre (sp?). Don't go out of your way to eat there.
    When we are in California we never skip In and Out Burger. MMM just thinking about how good it is makes me hungry.

"Maseca!"

Let me add, you can't take the ART to Harbor and Orangethorpe, but the local bus, OCTA Route 43 goes from Disneyland to Harbor and Orangethorpe in about 20 minutes, $1.25 per adult each way. Just find a bus stop on Harbor and head north about 3 miles, the bus driver will be happy to let you know when you get to Orangethorpe. The In-n-Out is right next to the bus stop.

On the way back, it is close to the Target store.

And while there used to be a Food4Less (now closed), there is a Henry's Supermarket where you can grab a lot of food and drinks (but I would go to Target first, as it should be cheaper). So you get groceries, Target, Costco, In-N-Out and the Character Warehouse all on the same basic intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Let me add, you can't take the ART to Harbor and Orangethorpe, but the local bus, OCTA Route 43 goes from Disneyland to Harbor and Orangethorpe in about 20 minutes, $1.25 per adult each way. Just find a bus stop on Harbor and head north about 3 miles, the bus driver will be happy to let you know when you get to Orangethorpe. The In-n-Out is right next to the bus stop.

On the way back, it is close to the Target store.

And while there used to be a Food4Less (now closed), there is a Henry's Supermarket where you can grab a lot of food and drinks (but I would go to Target first, as it should be cheaper). So you get groceries, Target, Costco, In-N-Out and the Character Warehouse all on the same basic intersection.
    Thank you . I was going to ask about the bussing. What is by the target that is on th ART route ?
    Oh and the chucky cheese my kids have never been there even though there is one about 5 hours away .
    Is the octa 1.25 for everybody or do you know if kids are free?

OCTA policy is that up to three kids 6 years and younger can board with each paying adult. By the way, Route 43 runs about every 15 minutes most of the day, it is the most popular route that the OCTA offers.

The Target at Harbor and Chapman (South east corner) has a few stores, including a Dollar store.

The South West corner has a few restaurants including Joe's Crab Shack, Red Robin and Outback and a couple of hotels.

The North West corner has the Hyatt.

The North East corner has a couple of strip malls, including a Del Taco.

If I had my choice of the two locations, it is Harbor and Orangethorpe.

I was just at Harbor and Orangethorpe, here are a few photos of the area...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/3426712

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I was just at Harbor and Orangethorpe, here are a few photos of the area...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/3426712
    Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. It makes me want to go there more lol.
    Is there a toys r us there, in the pictures i thought i saw one?
    Oh and cheap food at the in-n-out burger and costco wow you order outside, do you nedd a membership to order the foodthere? Can you get a pass for the OCTA? it might be cheaper lol
    Last edited by Andrew; 09-12-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: over-quoting removed

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
    Oh and cheap food at the in-n-out burger and costco wow you order outside, do you nedd a membership to order the foodthere?
    At our Costco with an outdoor eating area, the only time they asked for my card was when I was writing a check for a big pizza order. As long as you're paying cash, they don't seem to ask.

Adrienne

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    At our Costco with an outdoor eating area, the only time they asked for my card was when I was writing a check for a big pizza order. As long as you're paying cash, they don't seem to ask.

Adrienne
    Thank you our costco here is all indoors and they never ask for a card unless there is someone standing at the entrance . To eat anyways as there is two ways to go once you enter the store. I do have a costco card but it is expired . We never seem to go there as we have no vehicle right now .
    Last edited by Andrew; 09-12-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: fix vBcode

On one of my trips a couple years ago, we could get to our hotel by going through this area (Orangethorpe). So we got two cheap dinners! In & Out our first night in anaheim and Costco another night. We have an In & Out in our town now, but I save eating there for when I go with others - for some reason, it's just fun to eat there ?? Our youth pastor brought his fiancee from Ukraine a couple weeks ago and that's where we all went for dinner after we picked them up at the Sacramento airport. Gave Sasha a tiny taste of California culture. Poor thing could hardly stay awake though after traveling for 24 hours straight.

Retired and loving it!

Just wanted to say thanks for the secret In & Out menu!! We rent a car solely so my DH and kiddos can go to In & Out - well, that's not the only reason but it seems that way sometimes. Anyway, I don't eat meat, so I'm always SOL. Now I can order a grilled cheese. Hooray!

I wish in-and-out did chicken sandwiches...I don't eat beef or pork, and a grilled cheese just doesn't seem like something worth getting at a take out place, it's so easy to make at home.

"Commandeer." We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Oh stop

Quote Originally Posted by Kricky View Post
    In-n-Out is really good, but the menu is very limited. Pretty much just hamburgers, fries, and drinks (soft drinks or milkshakes). Everything is made fresh and is quite tasty. The employees are really nice, at least at the ones I've been to. It's definitely worth checking out.
    They do very few things, and they do them very well. This is a benefit, not a drawback.

And In-N-Out the only place I know of that when the employees ask "How are you?" they take an interest in your answer. Every time.

--t

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Touch of Destiny View Post
    I wish in-and-out did chicken sandwiches...I don't eat beef or pork, and a grilled cheese just doesn't seem like something worth getting at a take out place, it's so easy to make at home.
    Yeah, what he said. Turkey burgers, veggie burgers, anything non-mammal would be welcome.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tod View Post
    And In-N-Out the only place I know of that when the employees ask "How are you?" they take an interest in your answer. Every time.
    Many people on this board know my friend MammaSilva. When we go out to eat we're two moms, four kids including young children and a lovely young woman with special needs.

In N Out is one of the best places to take our crew. They go above and beyond every time helping us with our special requests, getting everyone settled with our food, bringing all the stickers my kids ask for, etc etc Without us asking.

Adrienne

Quote Originally Posted by A Touch of Destiny View Post
    I don't know what kind of grilled cheese sandwiches you make at your house, but mine don't have lettuce, tomato, sauce, and pickles on them. I realize it still lacks a patty, but you certainly don't have to get just cheese. If you want it spiced up a bit, you could even get chilies and onions.

You can get a little container of secret sauce to dip your fries in - yummm!! I also think the young people that work there are a big part of the ambiance - they are bright, thoughtful, and happy to take your order - or clear your table for you. You do NOT get that at most fast food places.

Retired and loving it!