Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: candy canes - can't wait...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

candy canes - can't wait...

I am taking my son to the park for a dad-son only day to celebrate his bday on 11/16 (friday). is there a good chance that the hand-made candy canes will be available since this is the 1st full day of the Holiday presentations?

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Call the candy line to make sure. 714-781-0112.

“Love will find a way. Indifference will find an excuse.”

Look with your HEART. It always tells the truth.

Loving my sweet pea.

I'm going on the 16th too! I'm really hoping for some candy cane action! I want to buy one to take to my Dad in NH. He'd just love it. And my pass expires on the 26. It's my one shot at DL candy canes this year. Maybe we'll see each other in line, olegc!

I remember when I bought my Candy Cane back in 2004 (I still have it). I don't know about now, but I believe back then you could only get the Candy Canes on certain days of the week. Thursday seems to be what is stuck in my head.

BTW, Happy Birthday to your son!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Loving my sweet pea.

Yeah, the one time I saw the candy canes, it was on a weekday.

Ok we are going Dec 11-16, tell me about the candy canes, (I love candy canes) where do we get them and will we find them that week?

The candy shop on Main Street. Seems in the past they have made them during the weekdays. Call the candy line to find out what day they are making them during your trip.

I am so jealous!

Their big and cool! I believe mine cost $8? A CM at the Candy Shop was very disappointed to hear that I was using mine as decoration and not eating it.

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Disneyland is "THE PARK"

I've never had one at The Park. How are they different and/or better than regular ones?

~ PAM ~
    In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've never had one, either - but they are freshly made IN the park.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I've never had one, either - but they are freshly made IN the park.
    Yes, they are made in the park. I believe that is why they are so limited in quantity and the day(s) they are made. Even though I did not eat mine, the CM wanted me to buy another one to actually eat. I didn't. But she said she loves to eat the DL candy canes. She says they are really really good. If I remember correctly, she said they, in her opinion, are the best candy canes she has ever had.

As for how big.....mine is 13 1/2 inches long before it curves over into the cane part.

If ya want one for decoration, I recommend getting a locker that day so you don't break it. And I also highly recommend getting it in the morning if you happen to see them....they tend to sell out very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Freak View Post
    I've never had one at The Park. How are they different and/or better than regular ones?

They are light and airy on the inside, not like regular canes that are hard all the way through. We eat one right away and save a couple for decorations.

DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I think they don't start the candy canes until the week after Thanksgiving. I could be wrong though, but yah.

Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins with Me...! 8:P

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

When there was a pattern, it was this:

The first batch was made the Friday after Thanksgiving, and then each Friday through Christmas, plus a batch on Christmas Day. They did two batches per day, and I *think* there are 36-48 per batch. (Though I've been told there can be as few as 12)

Abot 2 years ago they started doing a random schedule - the first batch was on Thanksgiving Day, the next week's batch was on Saturday, the next week's on Friday... I missed them three weeks in a row.

LAST year they had a problem with someone buying the entire batch, so after the first week(s) they implemented a 2-per-person policy, which is great *if* you aren't buying them for a family with three kids plus a husband who pouts if he doesn't get one.

I'm trying to nail down the details, because I don't want to miss them again.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Oh I hope that is not the case. AVP please let us know if you find out. I hate that people would miss out. But we buy them as goodies for all the kiddos in our family. We would need 5 this year. Plus it would be nice for us to have one to share.

We were able to buy 5 in 2005.

they are not on the menu this week based on the message line. = (

If they make less than one hundred per day for only one day a week for five weeks, they make less than 500 of them every year. It would hardly seem fair to let one faimly buy 5 of them.

The Candy Canes appear to be very limited edition. Yes, AVP, please let us know what you find out. If I can get my hands on one of them this year it will be for eating this go around.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiC View Post
    If they make less than one hundred per day for only one day a week for five weeks, they make less than 500 of them every year. It would hardly seem fair to let one faimly buy 5 of them.

So are you suggesting that only families with 2 or 1 person that like candy canes should be allowed to purchase them? I'm like AVP I have a family with 3 children under the age of 10 and my daughter, do I buy for the 3 year old but not the 6 and 9 year old? who wants to break ONE candy cane into 3 pieces or more? While I do think that the person that bought the entire run was being greedy I don't think a family of 5 each wanting a candy cane is the same thing. If they were going to limit it and for whatever reason they need to pick a number then even 4 would be a more 'appropriate' limit...no number is perfect but if a family needs more than 4 then both mom and dad can stand in line...but 2? That is a bit ridiculous.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Sorry you feel that way. But I think it would be unfair to leave a child out. And I for one am sad that because one person bought up a whole batch of candy canes they had to put the maximum you can buy at such a low number. I agree that even 4 would be more fair then 2. It is never going to be totally fair. Anytime something is produced in limited quantities there is the chance people will be left out.

Why don't they make more? It would seem if they are that popular that it would be a pretty safe bet that would still be able to sell them.

I have never had one myself, but am very curious to try and get one when we are there in a couple of weeks.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

well,

If you have 5 in your family, and each person can only get 2 candy canes, just have 3 of you stand in line and purchase 2 each, with the 3rd person purchasing one. Problem solved. And I can see them limiting the # purchased, but I have 4 children, and would have to get at least 4 canes. Me and DH would have each bought 2..the legal limit.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scanmom View Post
    If you have 5 in your family, and each person can only get 2 candy canes, just have 3 of you stand in line and purchase 2 each, with the 3rd person purchasing one. Problem solved. And I can see them limiting the # purchased, but I have 4 children, and would have to get at least 4 canes. Me and DH would have each bought 2..the legal limit.
    That only works if everyone is in the park at that moment, in many cases the people I'd be buying for won't be standing there in line with me...at best I'd be able to buy 4 not the 7 I actually need.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Loving my sweet pea.
    I agree with you. I think it would be nice to give other families a chance at having a candy cane or two. No one needs to eat that whole candy cane. I can't see a child eating the whole thing. It may be optimal to give every kid their own, but it is not necessary. I know one each would ease arguments and make life more peaceful for the parents, but having one giant, pretty, candy cane to share is an opportunity for the family to share. We all (me included) can use more opportunities to learn to share and choose generosity, especially at holiday time.

Since there are so few made, I wouldn't want to take a large number of them just for my family. If I did buy several, I would get them for different families and spread the cheer of DL candy canes. I know I'd be pretty sad if I were next in line for one and the person in front of my bought 5 or more. I wouldn't want to inflict that feeling on the person behind me.

They are so pretty and large, that surely one or two is enough for most families to ooh and ahh over it, and then share the candy together.