Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Refillable mugs Question..

Refillable mugs Question..

I can't find the thread where it talked about this.. maybe I am in the wrong category.. but, could someone answer this for me:
    I know there was talk about the new bar code on mugs.. Did that go into effect yet?

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did not see a single machine using the RFID system during our last trip a couple weeks ago. Maybe others can chime in if they saw otherwise.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I have not heard it implemented in any other places. I don't know if its still at whatever All Stars they put it in before.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

It wasn't in place at Pop. They do use it at the water parks.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wasn't in use at French Quarter last week, either.
    (As I was topping off my mug after taking a good drink of diet coke, I was VERY happy that it wasn't)

Cathy

Thanks <3

**Kristin**

Updating my own post: The bar code was not around yet. Although, new colors for the tops were ( well new for me since August.) Purple, lime green, and orange. In August all they had were teal, hot pink, and black.

**Kristin**

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hot pink was still around last weekend... the Mrs. bought one over at CSR. (She said it was because it was pink.....) Though I dont think that colors were indicative of anything other than what happens to be in stock at the time. People had all sorts of colors in the same refillable mug style / graphic.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by WdwGurl4life View Post
    Updating my own post: The bar code was not around yet. Although, new colors for the tops were ( well new for me since August.) Purple, lime green, and orange. In August all they had were teal, hot pink, and black.
    Teal, pink and black were the colors available at Wilderness Lodge last week. There was no bar code system there, either.
    This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by HTanner View Post
    Teal, pink and black were the colors available at Wilderness Lodge last week. There was no bar code system there, either.
    Welcome home! Can't wait to read your trip report. (hint, hint) Hope you guys had a GREAT time!

hmmm...we've got 4 mugs coming to us as part of our pkg. next month. I'm thinking teal & black will come home with us. Not huge on pink around here. Oh how I wish they had resort specific mugs still. Oh well.

So, what is the current design? We were there just last year and bought 3 new mugs; are the designs the same? I sure wish we could just buy a sticker so that we could use our old mugs instead of buying new ones each visit. Or, how about a life-time mug for about $30? Anyway, if someone could report back (maybe with pictures) of the current mug design. We leave in about a month. Thanks.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

I haven't heard of any new designs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I haven't heard of any new designs this year.
    Which makes it even harder to justify buying a new one. If they at least offered new designs each year, it would hurt slightly less to have to buy one every time we visit.
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

When we were there in January, we got 4 mugs. Two w/ black handles & lids, and 1 each with a pink and teal-blue handle & lid. I think those were the only colors available. They all have the same graphics, mickey, minny, donald & daisy, and the two dogs . It was a pool scene. Not resort themed, not even with the year or seasonally themed. They came with our pkg, which is why we ended up with one for each of us. We usually get one as a coffee mug for at home - but at WDW we don't walk around with them or use them. Usually we are going from our room, stopping at food court for coffee or tea, and off ot the parks, and we don't want to be stuck carring them around all day.
    I'd love it if they'd go back to a resort-themed mug. I'd buy one per trip if that was the case, but really - there are only so many coffee travel mugs one needs!

Blog Entries

I wish they had mug-lockers near the food courts. Then you could just stop there on your way to/from the parks and get a drink on your way back to your room in the evening, after having used it for breakfast.

(And I'm going to totally ignore realities of how you manage and clean those lockers!)

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I wish they had mug-lockers near the food courts. Then you could just stop there on your way to/from the parks and get a drink on your way back to your room in the evening, after having used it for breakfast.

(And I'm going to totally ignore realities of how you manage and clean those lockers!)
    Great minds think alike. I've often wondered aloud to my family when we're there whether that might be a good idea. But when you consider the space required for such a bank of lockers, and, as you mention, the clean up required, it's probably not a good idea. But I share your pain; there's nothing worse after a long day at the parks than having to walk to your room and then back to the food court for drinks and then back to the room again. Ah well.

I had a great mug locker.....my stroller.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I had a great mug locker.....my stroller.
    Same here except for we use our rental car!

But if we didn't have a rental car either my father or fianc would run back to the room and drop it off.

Now when I go in October we won't have either my father or fianc. What to do...what to do.....
    Kristin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    Now when I go in October we won't have either my father or fianc. What to do...what to do.....
    But will you have a husband????

(I can't believe how close it's getting!!!)
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    But will you have a husband????

(I can't believe how close it's getting!!!)
    Ack I know! I feel like if I call him hubsters now it will jinx it. We will have like a blizzard or something.

Follow me on twitter that day! I will be updating up until we go for pictures at 3:15. Tomorrow we go for the marriage license!
    Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    ...there's nothing worse after a long day at the parks than having to walk to your room and then back to the food court for drinks and then back to the room again.
    And this is the main reason that I never do the mugs. Sometimes your time is more valuable than money, and it's worth it to just pay the 2 bucks and get a coke out of the machine!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    And this is the main reason that I never do the mugs. Sometimes your time is more valuable than money, and it's worth it to just pay the 2 bucks and get a coke out of the machine!
    I would lose my cheapskate's membership card if I did that, and I'm a charter member.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Exactly.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have the newest design yet. Last year, I opted out of getting the mugs, but we will be getting them this year with the plan. Actually, we use the heck out of our mugs at home taking them EVERYWHERE...so I get my use out of them for sure. We do use them during our trips for coffee and sodas, it just works for us.

Stephanie

We've always gotten more use out of the mugs after the trip than during it. It's so hard to remember to grab them to bring with you and there's no way I'm doing extra walking to take them back to the room and after a day in the park carrying them around I was done. So last trip we just put them in the luggage and called them souvenirs

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979