Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fall 2012

Fall 2012

Any hints on a DLR MA for this fall? I am planning a trip for October and just wondering if there might be something that month before I finalize my dates.

2. # ADS

This is what was posted in the MAWE3 recap:

This was posted by stacielee back in November on the "DLR MA Spring 2012?" thread.

"Our next events

MouseAdventure is currently planning three events in 2012, though dates and details are still being worked out among the crew and with Disney. We will post event and registration dates as soon as we confirm them, but those announcements may be as little as 90 days before the event. We do hope to return to Walt Disney World next fall for our fourth MouseAdventure World Explorers event, and we can definitely use your help to spread the word to prospective new Walt Disney World players. We absolutely love writing games for Walt Disney World, but we need to grow the Florida event to make it more affordable for our Troops. If you have friends, family, or co-workers who are Disney fans, tell them about MouseAdventure and encourage them to come out for an event!

Spring 2012 – Disneyland Resort
    Fall 2012 – Disneyland Resort
    Fall 2012 – Walt Disney World"

I believe this is all the information that is available right now.

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KarylRocks View Post
    Any hints on a DLR MA for this fall? I am planning a trip for October and just wondering if there might be something that month before I finalize my dates.
    I can tell you right now that the general staff hasn't even begun to discuss dates for DLR this Fall. (The PTB may have been discussing and thinking about them but we haven't even gotten to the narrow it down and discuss it among the rest of us yet.)
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I am just wondering if any date-planning had been done for either fall event this year? The gf and I are trying to plan a trip to WDW this fall and it would be great if we could not miss the DLR game and a possibly play in the WDW game (even though we've never been there before!)

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickosuave1987 View Post
    I am just wondering if any date-planning had been done for either fall event this year?
    Nothing final, and the dates are very much in flux.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Nothing final, and the dates are very much in flux.

AVP
    Ah man! I saw that you were the last post on this thread and I got my hopes up!
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any word yet on dates in WDW?
    Trying to figure out if I can do one trip and get the Wine & Dine and MA in, or if it'll be two trips. We're almost 180 days out from most all of 'fall'.

Cathy

I have no inside information, but one of the key people in this process is about to go on a ship for two weeks. I don't think we will have any information before then.

Blog Entries

I was kind of hoping she'd have something to say BEFORE that happened!

Cathy

Blog Entries

Anything yet, folks? Pretty please?

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    Anything yet, folks? Pretty please?
    Still on a boat.

Okay, feel free to pester away now...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Okay, feel free to pester away now...
    Ha. Ha. Ha.

I'll be tracking names and deducting points if you all start in before I've even UNPACKED...

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

We are not a very patient group!

Reindeer Games, Dec 2009-75th place; Decades, May 2010-48th place; World Explorers II, Oct 2010-24th place; Luau, Apr 2011-11th place; World Explorers III, Nov 2011-26th place; Card Games, Mar 2012-17th place; Road Trip, Sept 2012-35th place; World Explorers IV, Nov 2012-7th place; Musical, May 2013-20th place; 365, Sept 2013-29th place; World Explorers V, Nov 2013-30th place; Card Games Deuces Wild, Apr 2014-13th place

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
    We are not a very patient group!
    If unpacking is the only thing holding up the announcement (especially for those who need to make airplane reservations and wanting to make appropriate ADRs!) - I'm SURE we can find some local volunteers to help with that
    Cathy

Ok... I am not asking if you have a date yet.... I am only asking if you have unpacked?

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Actually, she knew three weeks ago and is just holding out...

(KIDDING.) Trust me, as soon as there's something to announce, they'll announce it.

Channeling my inner Mr. Miyagi: Patience, Grasshoppers!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Channeling my inner Mr. Miyagi: Patience, Grasshoppers!
    But it's hard when you want to get an ADR for a restaurant that fills up quickly, and can't because you don't know what week to make it!

ETA: I thought grasshopper was from the Kung Fu TV show, not the Karate Kid movies.....
    Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    But it's hard when you want to get an ADR for a restaurant that fills up quickly, and can't because you don't know what week to make it!

ETA: I thought grasshopper was from the Kung Fu TV show, not the Karate Kid movies.....
    I think it's both.

FWIW, there's not a lot more that we can do to make it go any faster. If there were, there'd be an announcement already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    FWIW, there's not a lot more that we can do to make it go any faster. If there were, there'd be an announcement already.
    I know. I'm just wine-ing.
    Cathy

Blog Entries

Is there possibly even a list of a few dates they're considering? We could then at least make plans for dates that will definitely NOT be MouseAdventure-ish.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Nope - it never ends.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We are waiting on final confirmation and contracts from Disney before we can announce dates. Soon, we promise.

AVP

Blog Entries

Thank you, AVP!

Nope - it never ends.

Just got the email! Let the planning begin!!

Reindeer Games, Dec 2009-75th place; Decades, May 2010-48th place; World Explorers II, Oct 2010-24th place; Luau, Apr 2011-11th place; World Explorers III, Nov 2011-26th place; Card Games, Mar 2012-17th place; Road Trip, Sept 2012-35th place; World Explorers IV, Nov 2012-7th place; Musical, May 2013-20th place; 365, Sept 2013-29th place; World Explorers V, Nov 2013-30th place; Card Games Deuces Wild, Apr 2014-13th place