Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DVC members get discounts on three annual pass types, 2/6 - 4/30

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

DVC members get discounts on three annual pass types, 2/6 - 4/30

Disney Vacation Club launched their new "More Member Magic" website today with a special discount offer on three annual passports:

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $245 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass.

Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passports: For the first time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay a discounted rate of $429, saving $70 off the regular price on their Deluxe Annual Passport.

Disney Premier Passport: For the first time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay a discounted rate of $849, saving $130 off the regular price on their Disney Premier Passport.

The discounts are valid February 6 through April 30. The Walt Disney World Premium and Disneyland Deluxe AP will be available for purchase through a new online ticket store that will launch on February 6. As before, the Disney Premier Passport will only be available for purchase in person at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland ticket booths.

There is a note on the offer which reads, "Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires."

Personally, I can not wait to go to Disneyland on February 6 and try to pre-purchase a Disney Premier Passport. Having tried to do this before each of the last two price increases, I've been told that there is absolutely, positively, no way in the world to do this. I can't wait to see how long it takes them to figure out a workaround for the impossible.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Personally, I can not wait to go to Disneyland on February 6 and try to pre-purchase a Disney Premier Passport. Having tried to do this before each of the last two price increases, I've been told that there is absolutely, positively, no way in the world to do this. I can't wait to see how long it takes them to figure out a workaround for the impossible.
    This is great news for us and will save us almost $400 this year. Can't wait to see how it works out for you to pre-purchase. My and Kevin's passes expire May 4, so hopefully we can just buy all 3 passes we need at once and activate ours when they expire. Hoping that since it's in writing they can figure it out now.
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Hoping that since it's in writing they can figure it out now.
    I know *you* won't be surprised that I already printed out a screen capture of that page, right?

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    There is a note on the offer which reads, "Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires."
    Our AP expire in September, and as it looks now, we probably won't be going back before the fall/winter of 15 or the spring of 16. Would we have to activate the renewed passes immediately when the old ones expire, or could we not activate them until our next trip, which will most likely be over a year after the current passes expire?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yedliw View Post
    Our AP expire in September, and as it looks now, we probably won't be going back before the fall/winter of 15 or the spring of 16. Would we have to activate the renewed passes immediately when the old ones expire, or could we not activate them until our next trip, which will most likely be over a year after the current passes expire?
    I honestly do not know. I'd call Member Services to see if they're putting an expiration date on these.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is very good news for us and will save us a lot. Considering we are hoping to do 3 trips with these AP's, it will be very well worth it.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

AVP - any chance I can talk you into going to Disneyland a few days later so that I can buy my passes with the activate later language still on the website? I just need a couple of Deluxe passes to replace those that expire in December.

There is no mention of a discount for DL Premium passholders? I suppose it would be asking too much for a $70 discount off that purchase as well?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    AVP - any chance I can talk you into going to Disneyland a few days later so that I can buy my passes with the activate later language still on the website? I just need a couple of Deluxe passes to replace those that expire in December.
    Get a screen shot and bring it with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    There is no mention of a discount for DL Premium passholders? I suppose it would be asking too much for a $70 discount off that purchase as well?
    I found that strange too.

There is now new(?) wording on the DVC website (pre log-in) that says this:
    "Simply purchase your new discounted pass by April 30, 2014, and redeem when your current pass expires, anytime between now and Jan. 31, 2015".

When I logged in I went to the separate page for the Premier Passport discount, and it had the pre-purchase note there as well, but without the Jan 31 2015 date. I saved a screen shot too, just in case!

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    There is now new(?) wording on the DVC website (pre log-in) that says this:
    "Simply purchase your new discounted pass by April 30, 2014, and redeem when your current pass expires, anytime between now and Jan. 31, 2015".

When I logged in I went to the separate page for the Premier Passport discount, and it had the pre-purchase note there as well, but without the Jan 31 2015 date. I saved a screen shot too, just in case!
    Yep, that's new!

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

Well I will now have to see if any of my friends are DVC members as I read this “We are introducing great new perks, exclusive experiences and other service enhancements that only members and their guests can access" in the update today.

My wife and I are headed to Tampa later this year for a Santa Convention and are going to buy Premier Passports this year.
    I don't see it happening as I don't think Disney will allow it but will see.

Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

I also plan to purchase a Premier Passport at the reduced price to redeem later in the year (my Premier expires 8/11). If you have any success or problems I hope you'll post Not sure which resort I'll be at first after 2/6 so I'll post if I have any success

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh my. I don't know if I'm ready for this confrontation again. AVP, I'm sure you remember the ordeal that I was faced with last year regarding this very same matter. I think I'll print out the DVC page and take it to the ticket booth. DH and I are going to W&D and maybe WDW Marathon week in January.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I was up for a fight today so I went to the ticket booth and asked for a DVC discounted Premiere pass to activate later in the year. The very polite cast member was aware of the DVC discounts, but unsure how to do a Premiere anything that wasn't immediately activated. She kept saying that a single person couldn't be in the system twice. I'm not entirely sure what that meant, but I'm sure it made sense to her. A very helpful lead was called over, and together they figured out a way to print an "Annual Pass Certificate - Premier - Disney Vacation Club." The lead appeared to have training in the DVC discounts but indicated that she had yet to sell one, and stuck around to make sure that transaction went smoothly. A few notes:

* Despite the web site indicating that the passes were good through January 31, 2015, mine printed with an expiration date of December 31, 2014. I asked about that issue but decided against making a big deal about it at the time as I am not sure what my WDW/DL plans will be and how much I will need that extra month. If that month is important to you, be prepared for extra time if they don't fix the system between now and when you go.

* The lead made sure that the cashier knew that the DVC members MUST have their actual membership card with them. Simply knowing the membership number is not enough.

* I was with a friend who needed to get his Premier pass reprinted as some of the numbers had rubbed off. I took the first available cashier since I thought my transaction would take longer. I'm not sure how long he waited to be helped, but we were both done at around the same time. It seemed very straight foward.

* I mentioned to the cashier and the lead that the DVC website indicated the discount was only good through 4/30/14. Neither of them had been told the end-date of the promotion, which was possibly while the cashier was at first a bit confused why I wanted to buy the pass now, when my current pass doesn't expire until mid-December. I don't know if this is a case of Disney not telling their front-line employees all of the relevant information, or if this is a test to possibly make the discounts more permanent (or both). I would love discounts at this level or higher all the time for DVC members, especially when compared to what WDW has been offering to their DVC members. Although I do like locking in current prices for future passes, I really wouldn't mind just buying my tickets when they expire and not having to store tiny pieces of paper with great monetary value for nearly a year if the discounts were more consistent.

Was this at WDW or DLR? As you refer to them as Cashiers I'm guessing DLR as WDW would be guest relations but just want to clarify to be sure glad it wasn't too much of a traumatic experience for you

This was at DLR. The annual passes are sold at the regular ticket windows, which is why I referred to them as cashiers. I'm sure they have a more Disney actual title, but it is the ticket booth and not the guest relations window.

Yeah I thought that was probably the case but just wanted to be sure. I think I'm most likely going to buy mine at WDW, if so I'll report if I have the same success

Visiting WDW Since 1982

So what happens if you've already purchased tickets (from WDW), won't be arriving until after 4/30, and want to take advantage of this offer? After a couple of calls I came across the solution. Call ticketing services: 407-566-4985 and select option 5. I did that and told them I wanted to upgrade my 4-day tickets to the new offer of a premium annual pass. They can't do an "upgrade" over the phone - but there is a solution. I gave the guy my confirmation number and he located my order. He then cancelled my order and refunded my money to my credit card. I am now able to purchase the new ticket on-line.

Stan

So my Premier Pass was issued in DL on 1/18/14. My only visit to the parks during the promotional period will be to WDW mid February. I would like to be able to get the voucher but will need an expiration date of January 2015, not December 2014. If anyone has luck with this, please update. Thanks'

Subscribing to this thread...

I am planning to be down in Anaheim in April specifically to purchase the Premier Pass for the family, to be activated later this year. I was thinking of calling DVC member services first to make them promise me I wouldn't be wasting a 500 mile round drip drive from Vegas only to be told by a DLR CM that I couldn't do this, so I am very interested in hearing everyone's [success] stories about this. Thank you for sharing!!

Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspixie View Post
    Subscribing to this thread...

I am planning to be down in Anaheim in April specifically to purchase the Premier Pass for the family, to be activated later this year. I was thinking of calling DVC member services first to make them promise me I wouldn't be wasting a 500 mile round drip drive from Vegas only to be told by a DLR CM that I couldn't do this, so I am very interested in hearing everyone's [success] stories about this. Thank you for sharing!!
    Smart move after the problems I had last year!
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

We successfully bought three Premier pass vouchers yesterday, one each for me and Kevin (our passes expire in May) and one for our daughter who will turn 3 in December. The CM knew how to sell us the vouchers with no problem. The only minor issue is they would not adjust the expiration date on the voucher past Dec 31, 2014. That is only a potential problem for our daughter as we don't want to have to go to DL on the busiest days of the year to activate her pass after she turns 3. After much debate they put a note in our file that we can exchange the voucher for an AP sometime in early December, but the AP will not activate until first use. Not sure if we'll go to the trouble to do that or just plan to go to DL on her birthday. In any case this deal saved my family over $500 (I bought my son a pass earlier this month.)

Quote Originally Posted by LytNnBug View Post
    So my Premier Pass was issued in DL on 1/18/14. My only visit to the parks during the promotional period will be to WDW mid February. I would like to be able to get the voucher but will need an expiration date of January 2015, not December 2014. If anyone has luck with this, please update. Thanks'
    My husband bought his voucher today. He had no major problems, though once again the lead had to be called. The expiration date on both the Premier and Deluxe is still listed as 12/31.

So I visited MK to watch Festival of Fantasy yesterday, and before I went in I went to purchase my DVC Exchange certificate for my Premier Pass renewal. When I got to Guest Relations the CM didn't know about the ticket and had to call her lead, but her lead quickly showed her where to find it on the system. There was a delay as the CM was trying to discover when I had to redeem it by to not pay the difference, she was struggling to locate it on their systems. I explained it was on DVCMember.com as redeemable until 1/31/15 and that I would be redeeming it in September and she said as long I was happy I had the correct information she would not continue to look it up. Once past that she issued the ticket with no further delays, there is no print on the ticket, it is just a standard Walt Disney World RFID Park ticket, which the CM wrote 'DVC Cert.' on. She instructed me to keep the receipts with it and provide them when I redeemed as they would help with the exchange. I'll be redeeming at DLR as I already have plans to visit in Sept (and my Premier expires in August) so I have no doubts in my mind that exchanging the WDW Issued ticket in DLR will be nothing but an absolute nightmare lol On the whole quite a quick process, was at Guest relations maybe 5 minutes or so

We were able to purchase our Premier Pass vouchers at Disneyland this weekend with no problem. At first the CM started to create the actual pass for us, and I stopped him and told him it was my understanding that we would receive paper vouchers to redeem when we use them (in August). At first he insisted that he print up the Premier Passes for us and that we would just "not use them" and then "trade them in" in August for a new renewal date but I just felt that would end in a disastrous day in August for us, so he called his lead, and a few minutes later we had the vouchers.

I'm very grateful to you all for sharing your experiences so I knew what to expect when I went to make the purchase. Thank you!!!

Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!