Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend: Race Roster

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

2014 WDW Marathon Weekend: Race Roster

So as not to get lost in the other discussion thread, I'm going to start a race roster here to chart everyone who is running, and post bib numbers once we have them. Once you've registered for any of the races, let us know and we'll add you to the list!

* Indicates runner is participating in the Dopey Challenge
    + Indicates runner is participating in the Goofy Challenge

Marathon

*Lani - 30163
    *RunningFool - 34684
    * vegaspixie - 31096
    * vegaspixie's husband - 30514
    * Bobcat
    * oswald
    + Chewyswimmer - 20708
    GoofyMomInMN

Half Marathon
    *Lani - 30163
    *RunningFool - 34684
    * vegaspixie - 31096
    * Bobcat
    * oswald
    + Chewyswimmer - 20708
    stan4d_steph - 42035
    AVP
    fairestoneofall
    fairestoneofall's dear friend who is not yet a Padder
    Mox
    Stitch4336
    Stitch4336's DS
    skimbob

*Lani - 30163
    *RunningFool - 34684
    * vegaspixie - 31096
    * Bobcat
    * oswald
    stan4d_steph
    AVP
    skimbob

*Lani - 30163
    *RunningFool - 34684
    * vegaspixie - 31096
    * Bobcat
    * oswald
    Stitch4336
    Stitch4336's DH

Last edited by RunningFool; 12-28-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Added participants
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Change that "plus" to an an "asterik" decided on Dopey!!

Boston Marathon 2009
    Boston Marathon 2010
    Boston Marathon 2011
    Boston Marathon 2012
    Boston Marathon 2014

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Change that "plus" to an an "asterik" decided on Dopey!!
    Woo hoo!

And it looks like Mox successfully registered for the half as well.

LOVE seeing this growing list. Go Team MousePlanet!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

I am good to go for the Goofy. This is going to be ... Awesome!

I'm IN In for the Half with my big Sis (our first race together since we live on opposite sides of the country - so excited!) And DH and I will also be doing the 5k - HIS first RunDisney event Can't wait!!!!

Proud Disney geek

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch4336 View Post
    I'm IN In for the Half with my big Sis (our first race together since we live on opposite sides of the country - so excited!) And DH and I will also be doing the 5k - HIS first RunDisney event Can't wait!!!!
    Do Sis and DH have MousePad names, or how shall we refer to them?

Adrienne
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I'm in for the 10K now too.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Hah!!! [bounce bounce bounce]
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Awesome!!
    Boston Marathon 2009
    Boston Marathon 2010
    Boston Marathon 2011
    Boston Marathon 2012
    Boston Marathon 2014

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent - knew you would join in the fun!
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm running with a dear friend! She's not a padder.....yet.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I'm running with a dear friend! She's not a padder.....yet.
    "Yet." Get her to register here so we can welcome her and get her on the roster!

I signed up for Minnie 10k and the half marathon. Will do Tink again to get my third Coast to Coast medal. I wish I was able to the Dopey inagural but I will have to settle for the Minnie 10K inagural.

Quote Originally Posted by skimbob View Post
    I signed up for Minnie 10k and the half marathon. Will do Tink again to get my third Coast to Coast medal. I wish I was able to the Dopey inagural but I will have to settle for the Minnie 10K inagural.
    I'm doing the same, skimbob! I've moved your post to the race roster thread so we can be sure to add you to the list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skimbob View Post
    Don't think of it as settling in the least! You're signed up to complete back-to-back 10k and half marathon. That is awesome AND you'll have the inaugural Minnie medal as well.
    RunningFool

Hi, new to the forum! Thought I'd throw my name in for the Dopey challenge...addicted to the medals, lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oswald View Post
    Hi, new to the forum! Thought I'd throw my name in for the Dopey challenge...addicted to the medals, lol.
    Welcome to Team MousePlanet! You'll fit right in with the rest of us - runDisney 'bling' is a powerful thing.
    RunningFool

hehehe...Thanks RuningFool

I'm in for the marathon! Tried unsuccessfully to register for the 5K as well with the kids a few days after registration opened. Oh well...they'll still get to go on the trip; I'll just make them run around Crescent Lake a few times.

Margie

Chewyswimmer's wife is in for the Half Marathon. Wifey is not thrilled about the half, hopefully her opinion about road races changes when she crosses that finish line and collects that bling!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewyswimmer View Post
    Chewyswimmer's wife is in for the Half Marathon. Wifey is not thrilled about the half, hopefully her opinion about road races changes when she crosses that finish line and collects that bling!
    I'll bet the opinion changes before the finish. There is nothing like the fun of a runDisney half marathon to make the experience seem less challenging and more fun!

What about road races doesn't she care for?
    RunningFool

The whole running and dedication thing. Consistency in the "Active" lifestyle is not easy for her. She also has never done more than a 5k and does not get excited about Disney. Our friends are doing the marathon and invited us to join them so she reluctantly agreed to do at least the Half, I was pushing for the 10k.

This experience will be an interesting one for us. I hope to change some of her lifestyle habits and re-enforce some of mine that I have been a bit lax on lately. Plus, always a good way to lose some extra pounds I have gained since I have been officiating swimming and coaching track instead of running.

My wife only runs if someone's chasing her!! She goes to the gym, keeps herself in decent shape but doesn't "get" the whole running thing and that's ok. Over the last month and half or so she's walked a couple of charity races and I think she finally gets the feeling that is race day. One day we'll run a race together....In a nutshell Chewyswimmer, I hear where you're coming from.
    Boston Marathon 2009
    Boston Marathon 2010
    Boston Marathon 2011
    Boston Marathon 2012
    Boston Marathon 2014

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2014 WDW Marathon Weekend: Race Roster

This was me three years ago, Bobcat. I would be at the finish for DH but had zero desire to do it on my own. Then I saw his race photos from the DL half and was motivated to start running so that I could run through Angel stadium. Well really, my plan was to walk it. Ha! I got bit by the bug! I'm still not fast, but I'm making progress with every race. And now I love it more than DH. We try to do our long runs together when we have a sitter. It's nice to have a few hours alone with your spouse doing what you love. He says he prefers to run with me than alone even though I slow him way down. I'm not sure if he really means it or he just says that to make me feel better. But I do love that were setting this healthy example for our two little boys.

BTW, DS got the thumbs up to push his training to ready himself for a 10k. That was HIS question to his doctor at his seven year check up. So proud of him.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    The whole running and dedication thing. Consistency in the "Active" lifestyle is not easy for her. She also has never done more than a 5k and does not get excited about Disney. Our friends are doing the marathon and invited us to join them so she reluctantly agreed to do at least the Half, I was pushing for the 10k.

This experience will be an interesting one for us. I hope to change some of her lifestyle habits and re-enforce some of mine that I have been a bit lax on lately. Plus, always a good way to lose some extra pounds I have gained since I have been officiating swimming and coaching track instead of running.
    Ahhhh, got it. My CFO doesn't have an active lifestyle either but he keeps thinking about starting a walking program (running is 100% out of the question - I wouldn't even ask). You'll have to keep us posted on how the training goes.

I know where your wife is coming from. I've been running since 1985 and consistency is still a challenge. There are weeks when training is just a nice idea instead of reality. With the Dopey looming in January, I really need to change that...
    RunningFool