Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Update for June 24 - 30, 2013

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Are there no female musicians worthy of being selected for the All-American College Band? Are they not good enough, or just not "American" enough?

Powers &8^]

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Are there no female musicians worthy of being selected for the All-American College Band? Are they not good enough, or just not "American" enough?
    I've seen the All-American College Band many times at Disneyland and there have always been women musicians playing with them.
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 06-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Powers &8^]
    There are two this year, both on horns. One is a returning player from last year.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Ummmm, wow. OK.

Really just a peripheral mention, but since baby duck season was mentioned in the update, the season seems to be either a lot longer this year or it has been pushed back. We were surprised to see quite a number of baby ducks on the Rivers of America and in one section of DCA on Sunday. It seems a lot later than when we normally expect to see them, and it wasn't just one or two isolated groups, like we've sometimes seen. There were a plethora of them.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post

Really just a peripheral mention, but since baby duck season was mentioned in the update, the season seems to be either a lot longer this year or it has been pushed back..
    Global warming?

I hope that higher fence doesn't interfere with baby duck viewing!
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    Global warming?
    :/
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    I've seen many females over the past few years. I also know the auditions are quite difficult. A few years back there were over several hundred applicants for each slot.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't see any females in the pictures AVP had posted, so I was kind of wondering the same thing, too. Clearly it was just who was visible in the angle she had, but you don't know that unless you ask.

Cathy

I completely agree with your assessment of how the red carpet event went at DCA, but as a paper collector I'd like to bring up one very minor quibble. When Disneyland hosted the "Pirates" movie premieres, each of the premiere days had a souvenir guide map available to guests just for that day. There was no similar guide map for the Lone Ranger premiere. Granted, I could do without another paper item to collect, but several people I talked to were also a little disappointed that there wasn't a map available.

Blog Entries

You can see one of them in this promo shot on the left...

And here is the female sax player

ANd in this group shot, it looks like there are 4 females.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disneyland Resort Update

Thanks Malcon10t!

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    You can see one of them in this promo shot on the left...
    That's Laura, the returning mellophone player I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    And here is the female sax player

ANd in this group shot, it looks like there are 4 females.
    These are of the 2012 band, not the 2013 group.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    That's Laura, the returning mellophone player I mentioned.

These are of the 2012 band, not the 2013 group.
    Well, shoot... I didn't see the date on the photos.

But thanks for the new addiction... Trying to locate pics of the 1978 AACB...
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 06-24-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

There are 2 girls this year, both mellophone/French horn. There were 5 last year, both mellophone, 2 sax & 1 trombone. Tuesday, 6/25 was the first official day of the full schedule. There were 8 guys from the 2012 band watching, which added some more energy & a little more ribbing on Dr. Ron. There are now 2 jazz sets each day, 1:50 at DCA & 3:25 at the Big Thunder Ranch. The 5:05 Castle show now starts down Main Street, I'm thinking they enter from the Fist Aid backstage door (playing Down On The Bayou) Its a quick turn around for the Flag Retreat then onto Main St. Station for the last set. (it would appear the pre-parade set from last year has been cut)

the Castle set features new music including the Monsters Inc. song and a different movie medley. I'd like to thank Adrienne for being the only one to have the right information.
    No one at the DCA info desk had the 1:50 set listed on their schedules. I had someone from the Entertainment Dept. call and confirm, so that I didn't waste any time trying to find
    where they were supposed to be.

There is a small number of fans that come out to watch, but they also drew a pretty big crowd for the R&B set. There is one older gentleman who has made sure that 4 of the park benches that were used for the flag retreat re-positioned towards the band.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

double post