Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Epcot : Drinking Around The World

Epcot : Drinking Around The World

I'm looking for a checklist of a beer from each country..

We are going to Epcot in 13 days and want to take on the challenge...

Help?

2. # ADS

Mexico - Dos Equis
    Norway - Carlsberg
    China - Tsing Tao or Macau
    Germany - Spaten, Becks, Lowenbrau
    Italy - Morettii and Peroni
    Morocco - Casa
    USA - Bud and Sam Adams
    Japan - Kirin
    France - Kronenbourg 1664
    UK - Bass, Boddingtons, Harp, Guinness
    Canada - Molson

If you just drink beer, IMHO, you're missing out! The mixed drinks around Epcot are the BEST!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppypooh View Post

If you just drink beer, IMHO, you're missing out! The mixed drinks around Epcot are the BEST!
    I agree!

My favorites are:

Mexico- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
    France- Frozen Slush (Grand Marnier or Vodka!) and Pomegranate Kir
    Italy-Rosa Regale

There is another one, but I can't remember it and I have to be at work in 15 minutes so I have to run!
    Kristin

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Grand Marnier slushie is SOOOO good. THere's also a wine kiosk in France.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

And it's at the wine kiosk that you get the slushies, too!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

hehe must've been too buzzed to notice (nah--my only adult bevvie is 1 grand marnier slushie each trip....)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Both Italy and Germany have wine bars (basically). Italy in the front, Germany in the back.

And don't forget about the 'new' tequila bar in Mexico (inside). (I think it opened some time in Oct/Nov 09).

And I think there's something yummy at the Morocco stand on the Japan side of the pavillion - but that doesn't make 100% sense, since Morocco is mostly Muslim, so I could be remembering something from about the same place in Japan towards the U.S. Pavillion.

Cathy

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Epcot is a drinking man's paradise.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_mor.htm
    Moroccan Beer Casablanca and various mixed drinks are served there.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/beer/reviews/Casabl.html
    Yes, it is a predominantly Muslim country but they do make beer. Brasseries du Maroc SA specializes in the production and distribution of beer and a range of fizzy drinks.

Tutto Italia has La Rossa beer, are they still open?

Promenade Refreshments has Stella Artois, Yuengling, Miller Light, Bud, and seasonal draft beers.

Kronenbourg 1644 is sold in Boulangerie Patisserie and some kiosks in France. Safari Amber is sold in what used to be the Refreshment port and is now Africa Rereshment Cool Post. You should be able to get Dos Equis in San Angel.

Also you may want to check with wait staff or the bartender for brands that might be available.

I may be wrong as things change.

Last edited by mechurchlady; 04-26-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Sorry, but a drink from a slushie machine is not a "mixed drink." I'm generally unimpressed with the selection of beers at Epcot too; they all tend to be the "macrobrews" from their respective countries that really aren't hard to get at any good beer store.

Best place to go is La Cava de Tequila inside the Mexican pavilion.

There's also a sake sampling bar inside Mitsukoshi at the back.

Blog Entries

I may have to try that Sake bar, Steph. I've never had any sake I like, but given the differences in the tequila, I think I need to be able to taste some of the major classes and really understand them - and maybe I can figure out one I like (or else know that, for sure, I just don't care for sake).

I agree that machines are not 'mixed drinks' and that most of the beers are huge macrobreweries. I'm a big microbrew fan, and usually fairly disappointed in the options.

But there are days when the slushie machine drinks DO hit the spot!

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Sorry, but a drink from a slushie machine is not a "mixed drink."
    Terminology. If it's vodka mixed with a lemon liquid and stirred into a slushie, I'd call that a mixed drink.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

I am not a slushie fan at all but really enjoyed the Italian Margarita (made with Limoncello). MMMMMM!!!

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Shall I assume I would find the Italian Margarita in Italy??? Where, restaurant, bar??? I WANT ONE...NOW!

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Blog Entries

I'm THINKING (which is dangerous) that it's on the walkway towards Germany, right on the edge of Italy.

Cathy

Sorry, but a drink from a slushie machine is not a "mixed drink." I'm generally unimpressed with the selection of beers at Epcot too; they all tend to be the "macrobrews" from their respective countries that really aren't hard to get at any good beer store.

There's also a sake sampling bar inside Mitsukoshi at the back.
    I was pretty psyched to try drinking my way around Epcot but the fact that they don't have truly authentic local beers as opposed to the "macrobrews" definitely puts a damper on that plan....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkithepooh View Post
    Shall I assume I would find the Italian Margarita in Italy??? Where, restaurant, bar??? I WANT ONE...NOW!

opps, sorry! It was at the cart that has ice cream out front, towards Germany. (Near the donkey cart?)
    Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Tried it in December and they had some great sipping Tequilas! Great spot to try!
    Last edited by Andrew; 04-27-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: fix vBcode
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Terminology. If it's vodka mixed with a lemon liquid and stirred into a slushie, I'd call that a mixed drink.
    Semantics. There is no art or skill in that drink. It is merely a vehicle to get you wasted. I outgrew those by the time it was legal for me to consume them.

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    I was pretty psyched to try drinking my way around Epcot but the fact that they don't have truly authentic local beers as opposed to the "macrobrews" definitely puts a damper on that plan....
    I've found that drinking that many different beers usually gives me a terrible headache. That being said..the Spaten in Germany is always very tasty! Seems better there than out of a bottle back home.
    Jeff
    WDW '97 (CBR) '05 (SSR) '07 (WL) '08 (OKW) '09 (SSR) '10 (OKW,BCV) '11 (AKL,SSR)

thanks for all your help everyone..

lots of good answers and advice....

I'm very excited, all I know is at the end of the day, I'm gonna have 11 beers in me and be VERY happy !

Semantics. There is no art or skill in that drink. It is merely a vehicle to get you wasted. I outgrew those by the time it was legal for me to consume them.
    Agree to disagree (kinda like we normally do!). I don't see them as anything but another choice for consuming alcohol. There's no art or skill in a screwdriver, either, but it's a tasty way to get vodka into me!
    - James Taylor

Can anyone give me your (US) definition of beer please? It's just that beer and lager are very different drinks to me and a number of the suggestions involve what I think of as lager (original poster asked about beer), so I'm just trying to establish the parameters of the question before I give some views.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

In the US, "beer" is the catchall term for everything from lagers to stouts.

My husband and I have called it "drinking around the world" for years and it's a really nice, relaxing way to spend an afternoon in the middle of multiple days of amusement parks. We stick to beer and wine and mostly buy our drinks at the stands and sit outside or walk around and drink. We also really like the pub at the Rose and Crown, for the Guinness on draught. The beer selection at Epcot is not very exotic, but it's still fun to drink a Norwegian beer in Norway, etc. Luckily, our kids really like the unusual snacks at the different stands and the shows and don't mind Mom and Dad chilling out for the afternoon. Also, last time we were there my 8-year-old did the Kim Possible mission, which kept her busy and happy for a while.

Not me. I have one, enjoy it, and go on about my day. It isn't a vehicle to get me wasted!

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if Ales are between Lagers and Stouts, but they're included in the U.S. Definition of Beer, too.

Basically, if the ingredients are grain, yeast, water, and hops - and maybe some flavoring and it's fermented - it's Beer here.

Cathy