Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland FlexPass

Dreaming Of Disney

Disneyland FlexPass

Can someone please tell me if this is true? I have a friend that just got back from Disneyland and she said she went with someone who has a FlexPass. She said it is a pass that you pay $600 a year and your party gets to go to the front of the line. I have never heard of this. She said her friend had a ticket with a number 6 on it and they went in the exits to ride the rides without waiting. She also said they used Fast Pass so I know she wasn't talking about that.

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

There is no such thing. Fast pass exists but there is NO fee for front of the line access. At best you can hire a personal tour guide at a lot higher price that can get you front of the line access.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Sounds like some one coming up with a story to hide there misuse of the gac to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ALB2277 View Post
    Sounds like some one coming up with a story to hide there misuse of the gac to me.
    I was thinking something along these lines. I've seen people with these "cards" and I was pretty sure they were for disabilities. Also, going through the exit is not always fast. We received a FP when we were evacuated off of BTMR that would allow us to go on "any ride." We tried to use it at Peter Pan, and were told we could, but we would have to go through the exit. Well there was a long, long line of people (mostly with wheel chairs) waiting for their turns, and the estimated wait time was not any shorter than the actual line. We used the FP somewhere else.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALB2277 View Post
    Me 3. Especially with the "6" on it.

The only thing is that you don't use the exit on all the rides with a GAC - And each GAC is customized to the needs of the person who had it. Which might explain why they still used Fast Pass.

But the only pass I can think of with a number on it would be a GAC. Something's missing from this story.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Going by the amount ($600/year) and a pass with the number 6 on it, it sounds like they have paid for an Annual Pass, and got a GAC pass. When I got my GAC card on my March trip, I told the CM it would be for myself and, at most, two other people, and the CM stamped it with a big 6.

Dreaming Of Disney

As soon as my friend told me, I told her there is no front of the line pass that you can buy. She said I don't know where the guy got it but we walked on all those rides without waiting and we used FastPass on other rides. So I asked her to get details from this guy and tell me. After searching around on the internet, my theory is that this guy has a GAC and just told her he paid for a special pass.

Well, "I am rich and can afford to pay for special passes" is a lot more date-worthy than "I scammed the system into giving me a pass I don't deserve." Of course, there is also the possibility that he is entitled to the GAC and just didn't want the girl to know for fear that she would think less of him.

We went with a friend after his knee surgery, and while he did use the GAC for some rides, he hated that he needed it.

Last year, I broke my ankle the day before our Disneyland trip and while I did not get a GAC, I did spend the week in a wheelchair that we rented at the GCH and some rides I had to enter through the exit(Indy and Splash) and some I stayed in line in chair with others until directed to elevator or HC entrance(Star Tours, Grizzly, Screaming) I did not think to get a GAC and we were just fine. Some times, getting in through the exit(Indy was the worst) was kind of a PITA and seemed like a spawning salmon, minus the spawning lol but it was all ok. I didn't feel a GAC was needed for me

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by LdyApxr View Post
    Last year, I broke my ankle the day before our Disneyland trip and while I did not get a GAC, I did spend the week in a wheelchair that we rented at the GCH and some rides I had to enter through the exit(Indy and Splash) and some I stayed in line in chair with others until directed to elevator or HC entrance(Star Tours, Grizzly, Screaming) I did not think to get a GAC and we were just fine. Some times, getting in through the exit(Indy was the worst) was kind of a PITA and seemed like a spawning salmon, minus the spawning lol but it was all ok. I didn't feel a GAC was needed for me
    I think having the wheelchair negates the "need" for a GAC and they wouldn't have given you one anyways. I seem to remember reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I think having the wheelchair negates the "need" for a GAC and they wouldn't have given you one anyways. I seem to remember reading that.
    That seems to make sense. Our only experience with a wheelchair was about 7 years ago, when DS broke his leg. We did at least one trip to Disneyland where we rented a wheelchair, and we entered through the HC entrance without needing any sort of pass. We wouldn't have known how to get one if it had been needed. This info may be out of date, since it was so long ago...
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

It still sounds accurate. I believe they will encourage you to rent a wheelchair before they will give a GAC.