Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How long will the track be on Radiator Springs Racers?

Blog Entries

How long will the track be on Radiator Springs Racers?

When I see aerial photos of the Radiator Springs Racers I'm concerned that this attraction will have E ticket theming with C Ticket length tracks.

Any idea how many feet long each of the two tracks will be?

Sea World's Manta seems like it will long enough, so I'm also curious how that track contrasts with the ones on Radiator Springs Racers and Big Thunder. (Big Thunder is impressively long.)

Like some of Walt's artists who designed Disneyland, John Lasseter has a strong film background,
    but a Disney Imagineer once complained to me that John L.'s intrusion into Imagineering was like an Imagineer coming into Pixar and telling them how to make animated movies. I hope the new Carsland is awesome! If it's not, it will at least have a bar with an interesting view.
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 04-13-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Maximum font size allowed = 3

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

The aerials tell me this looks similar to Test Track, a show building with a big finish outside. It seems the fisrt part of the track resembles the Lightning & Sally ride sequence up to the Wheel Well Inn, then segues into the straight-away 'around the bend' race with Doc Hudson.

Test Tack doesn't seem short. Yeah, the thrill part is short, but the whole ride has a good length. That is how I imagine the racers to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    When I see aerial photos of the Radiator Springs Racers I'm concerned that this attraction will have E ticket theming with C Ticket length tracks.

Any idea how many feet long each of the two tracks will be?

Sea World's Manta seems like it will long enough, so I'm also curious how that track contrasts with the ones on Radiator Springs Racers and Big Thunder. (Big Thunder is impressively long.)

Like some of Walt's artists who designed Disneyland, John Lasseter has a strong film background,
    but a Disney Imagineer once complained to me that John L.'s intrusion into Imagineering was like an Imagineer coming into Pixar and telling them how to make animated movies. I hope the new Carsland is awesome! If it's not, it will at least have a bar with an interesting view.
    Personally, and I have no reservations saying this, I think John Lasseter has had an enormous positive influence on Disneyland resort. I am thrilled that his position at Pixar has translated into being able to work with Imagineering to create some excellent new attractions because I sure do think we needed that spark of creativity and innovation. John worked as a Jungle Cruise skipper while he was in college, and has a special fondness for Disneyland, and a true understanding of what the guest experience there should be. He gets it.

I'll speculate that he's pushed the Imagineering team since his arrival and some folks might not like that, but his vision is much like Walt's: to create an immersive experience like no other for guests, that's pure Disney magic. He's had a huge job to redo California Adventure, where a lot of the attractions were 'off the shelf' rides that had the Disney name slapped on them.

I was lucky to have the opportunity to talk to John last weekend about California Adventure, so this topic is especially pertinent to me. His passion and enthusiasm for the entire project was striking; he loves Disneyland, and it shows in everything he said.

Although I don't have the actual track length info for you, John told me that Radiator Springs Racers is going to be the largest Disney ride ever, as far as land-use is concerned, consuming six acres. The length of the Rt. 66 section of Carsland is the same distance as Main St. in Disneyland. He was very proud of the immersive atmosphere of Carsland, and it's the first opportunity he's had to create an entire land, rather than just an attraction into existing space.

About the only thing that disappointed me in the conversation was hearing that Luigi's Flying Tires won't have Fastpass; I envision the lines to be long and the loading/capacity to be slow.
    Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

I wouldn't be surprised if optical illusions were used to suggest a speed higher than the true speed.
    E.g., they could, in theory, put cactus and chaparral on a movable track, so while the cars moved forward, while the (artificial) mountains remain as stable as always, the "natural" (ha!) plants closest to the rider are on a rail moving backward, like the last incarnation of the People Mover and its tunnel-of-speed.

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"