Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Rumor: Star Tours soft openings to begin at Disneyland May 20 | Disney to remove photos from annual passes | 25% 'off peak' dining discount coupons | Disney to add RFID tags to cast member costumes | DCA construction update

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm confused by the crowd predictions. The chart and the text do not match. Which is correct?

Cathy

From what I have heard from some good sources is starting with the new DCA entrance and then expanding over to DL after the work is down for the front of DCA biometric scanners will be installed at both parks. This has been something I know that DLR has been trying to get going for years!!!!

[COLOR=Blue]Kungaloosh![/COLOR]

*END OF LINE*

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I'm confused by the crowd predictions. The chart and the text do not match. Which is correct?
    Ok, I see part of my confusion. The table is from LAST year, while the text is from this year.

However, the text doesn't match up with what I see on Touringplans.com.

Quote Originally Posted by DL update
    While Easter is not until the end of April, we're still in the thick of spring break season. The crowds will reach a Crowd Level 8 or higher all week:

The busiest day of the week will be Saturday, with full Annual Pass blockouts and crowds measuring a full 10 out of 10 on the Crowd Calendar.
    The best days to visit Disneyland and DCA will be Wednesday and Thursday.
    Monday will be an 8.3 in Disneyland, and an 8.8 in DCA.
    Yet touring plans says that Saturday will be a 10/10. But Monday is is listed as 8.7 for DL and 7.7 for DCA (with a 9 for the resort overall). Also, the lowest day for DL is Friday, DCA is Thursday, and the 'overall' lowest is Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sun at 8.
    Cathy

The new 'park' in Paradise Pier looks quite disappointing, and you're absolutely right, it looks like something you'd expect at a local amusement park like Six Flags or, in my case, Lagoon, rather than a Disney Park. Hopefully Disney does something to give more life to that area in the future. Perhaps bringing in some of the jumping fountains from the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcot would be good. I always loved those when I was a kid.

I think you are being way too hard on the new park area.
    Obviously, the upper platform will be opened eventually. They are not completely finished with it yet. The most important thing was to get that walkway opened again.

And if you look at these pictures from Disneygeek.com, you can clearly see that there are vines growing above some of the new walls, and the area that lines the bay has had a lot of work done to it with the new stone work and rails. (And no, I am not the Disneygeek)

See for yourself, starting on this page; http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/di...dir=2011_04_02

I think that the new park is simple, but nice. I've seen it in person. Don't knock trees and plants. Its an area where people can rest. Besides, I would rather the bigger budgets go to the new rides like Little Mermaid and Cars Land. (And that is what the goal is, so I hear)

As an online journalist, you should really be more impartial and avoid editorializing. Real journalism is almost extinct on the internet, why contribute to its demise?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfanguy View Post
    I think you are being way too hard on the new park area. [snip] I've seen it in person. Don't knock trees and plants. Its an area where people can rest.
    When I walked through this weekend to take the photos in the article, there were just two benches near the former entrance to the Maliboomer, and the area around the former exit had been turned into a smoking area. Unless you are a smoker, this isn't a place to rest, it's a bunch of trees and planets concealing the repainted queue and still-standing foundation of a former ride. Perhaps it isn't finished yet, but there is no indication that work is continuing.

As an online journalist, you should really be more impartial and avoid editorializing. Real journalism is almost extinct on the internet, why contribute to its demise?
    Respectfully, the Disneyland Resort Update is an editorial piece, with the heading "News and Views," and part of what I do is share my opinion.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

pass photos

Thanks for the wonderful update. As a parent with a toddler I find it a great source of news and navigation. I was struck by the annual pass and how it relates to the parking. I did exactly what many others have done and put the parking on our sons pass. I have always been a little peeved about this rule although sometimes loosely enforced that the person with the P symbol on their pass has to be in the car. I understand the resort trying to curb abuse but I would really like to see the parking benefit applied to each pass I paid for. But it has worked out that we are not always together due to work, school-etc, God forbid mom and dad go out on a date . I can see both sides but in the end are you punishing the customer to make things easier on the company? It will be interesting to see how it works out. Ok I feel a little better now

By the way, I've heard that the elevated section of the park will be used for a character meet and greet area. If true, that would explain why it looks the way it does.

when you purchase a premier pass at Disneyland they will take your picture it will not appear on your pass. i was there yesterday you will no longer have to show id at the parking lot but when you make a purchase of food or merchandize they will ask for id