Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: Two New Eateries Open Before Cars Land Official Debut

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Two New Eateries Open Before Cars Land Official Debut

Two New Eateries Open Before Cars Land Official Debut by Britt Winslow

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop and Uva Bar give Disneyland Resort guests a chance to experience something new before June 15th.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

A couple of comments about Ghirardelli:

1- They have spoons inside now! When we were there on Saturday, June 9, they had baskets of spoons next to the pick-up windows!

2- That secret menu thing... The menu is huge so I don't know if this is "secret menu" or if I didn't see it but my 8-year old saw a picture of the giant hot fudge sundae on the menu and wanted THAT. No way would he have eaten it. So I just asked the EXTREMELY patient, helpful and friendly CM if they had a smaller sundae. You can Build Your Own Sundae - one or two scoops of ice cream and you describe the rest. A one scoop sundae was still more than he could finish but it looked totally manageable when we got it. The only other note is that it came with nuts and she hadn't warned us of that when she was asking us what we wanted on it.

3- Quake Shakes. 1- They're huge and intense. I couldn't finish mine. 2- They don't come with whipped cream on them. (Sorry, that one surprised me. As rich and intense as it was, I wanted whipped cream on mine!!)

I had a mint Quake Shake because the girl clued me in that they use dark mint. Yummmm. Doc had the Peanut Butter because the girl said "It tastes just like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup." No lie. That's EXACTLY what it tasted like!

Has anyone had a malt there? I love Ruby's malts because they use double the malt. I've tried to order "Malt with double the malt" other places and they're still not as heavenly with the malt. That will be my next test at Girardelli.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Thanks much for this coverage, especially of one of my favorite bars on the planet, the Uva Bar (my other favorite it the Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot). Shame on you, though, for repeatedly getting the name of Disney California Adventure wrong - they abolished that apostrophe S for some stupid reason!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    I had a mint Quake Shake because the girl clued me in that they use dark mint.
    What's dark mint?
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    2- That secret menu thing... The menu is huge so I don't know if this is "secret menu" or if I didn't see it but my 8-year old saw a picture of the giant hot fudge sundae on the menu and wanted THAT. No way would he have eaten it. So I just asked the EXTREMELY patient, helpful and friendly CM if they had a smaller sundae. You can Build Your Own Sundae - one or two scoops of ice cream and you describe the rest. A one scoop sundae was still more than he could finish but it looked totally manageable when we got it. The only other note is that it came with nuts and she hadn't warned us of that when she was asking us what we wanted on it.
    Don't they have a kid's sundae on the back of the menu? I remember seeing something like that but when I asked my kids if they wanted a kids cone/cup of their own or to share a kid's something more expensive they went for having their own so I didn't pay much more attention. We went before the official opening and they didn't give us the special surprise that was advertised. When we went back later to ask what it was it appears that they were supposed to give us a couple of crayons and I suppose some coloring paper. No big loss.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Shame on you, though, for repeatedly getting the name of Disney California Adventure wrong - they abolished that apostrophe S for some stupid reason!
    Yeah yeah yeah - I'll believe it when they stop printing it on merchandise. ;o)

AVP
    - who is not Britt's copy editor.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I wish they'd go back to the old way - Disney California Adventure just seems weird!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Britt - Can you tell me what the no-sugar-added ice cream flavors are?

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Don't they have a kid's sundae on the back of the menu?
    The kid's sundae was a S'mores Sundae. The Prince wanted a mint chip ice cream hot fudge sundae. So I asked the CM "Can we just order a small sundae with mint chip ice cream?" The solution is called "make your own" sundae. But I didn't see it listed under the kid's menu.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe