Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buses in the Early Morning

Buses in the Early Morning

We are going to Disneyworld for the last two weeks of December for our first trip. I know it is the worst time to go but we had no choice. Magic Hours are 7-8 at most of the parks. How early do the Buses start running in the early morning during peak times. We are staying at the Caribbean and I would like to arrive at 6:30 to take advantage of magic hours but everything I read says that the buses run one hour before the parks open...is that the regular opening or the magic hours opening. I don't want to make my boys get out the door at 6am and then stand around waiting for a bus that won't come until 7. HELP!

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is correct that they do start running about an hour before park opening, which does include accommodating parks with morning EMH. If you walk out the door around 6AM, you should be able to be at the EMH park before rope drop without a problem.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I wouldn't say that the last 2 weeks of December are the worst time to go at all. They are the most crowded, but it's really a beautiful time to visit other than that. Agreeable weather, and Christmas stuff in every park and hotel. You're gonna have a blast!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks

Thanks...I am excited to go at Christmas...I used to go to Disneyland every year on Christmas Day as a kid and this will be a first for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by smartblond View Post
    We are going to Disneyworld for the last two weeks of December ....
    Just remember (yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine ), it's "Walt Disney World," not "Disneyworld" .. It was re-named from Disney World to Walt Disney World, to pay tribute to the world's greatest dreamer, and to further highlight that it WAS Walt's vision that led to the creation of the "Florida Project." It wasn't just some corporate decision.

You'll have a great time !!!
    "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Greg, I'm just happy when people use World or Land!

Quote Originally Posted by smartblond View Post
    We are going to Disneyworld for the last two weeks of December for our first trip. I know it is the worst time to go but we had no choice.
    See you there, we're also visiting for the last 2 weeks of the year. It will be fine. Get up early then escape. I can't wait! I have never been for Christmas before where the EMH are earlier, but we have successfully survived Easter using Disney transportation for morning EMH. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg in TN View Post
    Just remember (yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine ), it's "Walt Disney World," not "Disneyworld"
    Well, as most folks around here know, I am the KING of pet peeves. But while I can understand your problem with the above, I think Disney World is really a valid popular name. Disney even uses it in advertising, so if they can say it that way we can say it that way.

Now, when someone talks about going the Epcot one day and Disney World the next, when they really mean the Magic Kingdom - now there's a pet peeve of mine!
    - James Taylor

Visiting WDW Since 1982

Actually, Dan, I figured that WAS you with a pseudonym!

Stan

Hey, I don't need to hide behind pseudonyms to be a cranky pants curmudgeon!!!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Hey, I don't need to hide behind pseudonyms to be a cranky pants curmudgeon!!!
    So, does that mean you're calling ME a cranky pants curmudgeon ?!?

About some things, yeah, you're right
    "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, folks... back on topic, please....

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

From our experience during a spring break trip, it is a good idea to get into the MK as early as possible. We got there at 7AM, and got a lot in before our 9AM breakfast reservation. Starting around 10AM, the park will start getting crowded, and by around noon it will be wall to wall people. Most of my family left after breakfast, for a break, but I stayed with one of my kids, and we did "secondary" attractions, but left around noon, because of the crowds. I strongly recommend that you get park hopper passes. Epcot is a much bigger park, and can absorb a lot more people, and I would head that way, after a break. That break can either be back at your hotel, or even checking out the decorations at the various Deluxe hotels. You can spend a very pleasant couple of hours, on the monorail line, just checking out the hotels. My kids always got a kick out of playing in the game rooms at other hotels.

Visiting WDW Since 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Ok, folks... back on topic, please....
    No no - -this is good! Let them duke it out!
    Stan

Visiting WDW Since 1982

The other strategy is, if you can swing it, to hit MK in the evening. Lots of folks have small kids and have to head on in after 7PM.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by stan2u View Post
    No no - -this is good! Let them duke it out!
    No duking required. Everything (at least on my part) was good natured fun, but I private messaged Greg just to make sure everything was OK-fine. Sorry, GusMan - it's easy to ramble!
    - James Taylor

The other strategy is, if you can swing it, to hit MK in the evening. Lots of folks have small kids and have to head on in after 7PM.
    There are still lots of little kids and kids in strollers out till about 10 or 11. If there are really late EMH, the park will really start to clear out around midnight. If there is a late parade, people will start to leave after that, but it's often crowded until really late. Last summer, I went out with my girls, after an early travel day, and we did not leave till after 1AM. Obviously, we did not get a very early start the next morning.

Thumbs up Great suggestions

Thanks for the great advice...I have been debating the early/late thing. My family are all night owls and there is always a battle to get them up early on vacation. I am contemplating sleeping in everyday and doing the night thing but have been worried about not getting to ride all the rides we want since fast passes will be gone...We are going to be there for, like 10 days, so perhaps I am being unreasonable. Lately, I have been thinking maybe we will do five days early and five days late but planing around the magic hours has been hard. Overwhelmed by all the options. My husband thinks I am obsessing too much on all of this...I had to put away my disney guides and read a Harry Potter book to get him off my case.

I'd agree that you're obsessing to the point of making yourself crazy. With 10 days to park storm, I wouldn't worry too much about early or late. Some mornings you can get up early and enjoy crowd-free touring for a couple of hours, while some days you can sleep in and stay out late. Mix it up and enjoy the variety!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    With 10 days to park storm, I wouldn't worry too much about early or late. Some mornings you can get up early and enjoy crowd-free touring for a couple of hours, while some days you can sleep in and stay out late. Mix it up and enjoy the variety!
    I'd agree with this. I prefer early starts but with 2 children in tow you just can't do it for 14 (or 10) consecutive days without some ugly scenes. I think if you can open each park once and stick it our until 1pm you can have some flexibility about the rest. If you can open MK and Epcot twice early, so 6 early starts, that's an ideal scenario for me. It will involve more queues sleeping in some days, but there's a balance with family sanity to be had too!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Visiting WDW Since 1982

We're going in April and though I'm an early bird, we have two things going against the early EMH strategy: my wife is a night owl , and we'll have a 3-hour time difference coming from Seattle. So we're going to hit all the late EMH's we can, sleep late, and otherwise close up the parks.

Stan

We're going in April and though I'm an early bird, we have two things going against the early EMH strategy: my wife is a night owl , and we'll have a 3-hour time difference coming from Seattle. So we're going to hit all the late EMH's we can, sleep late, and otherwise close up the parks.
    That's our plan too.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    It will involve more queues sleeping in some days...
    You sleep in the queue?
    - James Taylor

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We're also going in April (late Apr-early May) and we're west coasties as well. Our strategy, after our experience last year, is going to be the opposite. It really only took my boys one day to adapt to the time change. We are naturally early risers so we'll be taking advantage of the early EMHs. Every family is different.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    It really only took my boys one day to adapt to the time change.
    When I lived in Oregon, for both work and play, it only took me a day to adjust, mostly because the actual travel was so tiring. I usually would take an o'dark thirty flight, which meant getting up even earlier - and not decent napping on the flight, so I could usually fall asleep that first night at a reasonable hour based on the clock.
    Cathy