Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland expands Fastpass, debuts MaxPass

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I read a post today about Fastpass and connecting them all on one network. Since this was not Disney's post (it was Disneyland Periscope on twitter) you can't say its 100% accurate. The claim was that all attractions in both parks will be on one network as of April 6th. I don't know if that date is accurate - but I know its been discussed as what to do once MaxPASS comes into place. I guess if anything you have to assume all attractions will now be on one network. Interesting...
    Has anyone confirmed that this occurred?

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has happened. MP I believe had it in an update and retweeted a picture of a fastpass denial for an attraction due to holding one for a ride in the other Park.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've looked in. Does anyone know if fast pass machines work during Grad nights? My nephew is going for his 8th grade Grad night this month. Thanks for any response

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've looked in. Does anyone know if fast pass machines work during Grad nights? My nephew is going for his 8th grade Grad night this month. Thanks for any response
    Did something change? Grad NIGHTS are for graduating high school seniors. Are you sure it isn't just an 8th grade grad trip? Our 8th grade goes but it is during regular park hours.

Disney has a grad night ticket that will also allow the graduates into DCA after it closes. My graduate's class didn't do it but if they had last Friday night they could have used that ticket for a special grad night things in DCA from 10 PM till i think 12:00. The ticket was more so their schoold didn't opt for it but just went with park hoppers. DCA closed to people at 10 PM that night unless you had that ticket

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Did something change? Grad NIGHTS are for graduating high school seniors. Are you sure it isn't just an 8th grade grad trip? Our 8th grade goes but it is during regular park hours.
    BINGO* - I talked to him some more about his Grad "night" and turns out you're right. He called it night but that's because he stays until 8:30 pm. So since he enters Disneyland during the day, he should be able to access the fastpass system. Thanks for the info & help. He's a little disappointed that Tower of Terror isn't available. But there's still lots of things to ride & see.

Blog Entries

Just to add, Fastpass machines are not active for GradNite in DCA after hours.

Last edited by AVP; 05-15-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    "no Fastpass machines are not active for GradNite in DCA after hours".
    Meaning all machines are active, correct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Meaning all machines are active, correct?
    No. But by the time I spotted it, my time for editing was over.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I spoke with a plaid this evening. She confirmed that MaxPass will debut on 6/21. She doubts that the wi-fi will be ready, but said they are doing their best to get everything ready to go. At the least, the way FPs are redeemed will change (FP holders will be required to scan their entry ticket or AP to redeem their FP, i.e. each FPs will be tied to an individual ticket or pass). She also said that show FPs, like WOC (and presumable F!, when it returns), will be linked to the grid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I spoke with a plaid this evening. She confirmed that MaxPass will debut on 6/21. She doubts that the wi-fi will be ready, but said they are doing their best to get everything ready to go. At the least, the way FPs are redeemed will change (FP holders will be required to scan their entry ticket or AP to redeem their FP, i.e. each FPs will be tied to an individual ticket or pass). She also said that show FPs, like WOC (and presumable F!, when it returns), will be linked to the grid.
    Wait..
    So if I get a FP to F! Which would not be showing until 9, and it's 9 am, I still have to wait 2 hours until my next FP? Ridiculous.

And having specific FP tied to each piece of media removes the ability of Dad, or whomever I the most organized, to hold FP paper tickets. U mix them up, or someone decides not to go, and u could be in for a delay - or no ride.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

The CM did say that they would retain the ability to work some magic when needed. So, in your example, if you had a FP for a family member who decided not to ride and wanted to transfer that FP to someone else in the group, a CM (at the information kiosk, in this case) would be able to make that transfer. The CM told me that DLR wants MaxPass to work like FP+, but without the 6 month advance reservation time. I asked about dining packages and received a confusing answer. At first, it sounded like those FPs wouldn't count because they were freebies with your meal. But then it she said something about the server adding the FP to your account. (??) I forgot to ask whether MaxPass would be included in the upper APs. We'll find out on the 21st!

Ok let me get this straight, you were told one person's AP/ticket would hold all the group's FP? How would that be possible at all though? If I am misreading this I apologize as its early. Yet if all FPs are on one AP/ticket how do they know there is a certain number of people in the group? With MaxPass that is easy enough to do seeing as you would have each person's AP/ticket linked to your account in your phone but with a AP/ticket in hand its a bit different in doing that. Which also could result in some issues in many forms.

To add: it is a bit messed up if the FP for shows are connected. I know we don't do those but for those that do it really isn't a good thing and IMO silly to do that.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

No, all the FP won't be on one. I read that like the current assistance pass. When you get your return time each ticket is scanned and then each ticket has to be scanned at the ride for entry. That is also how FP+ works. One person has all of the tickets together in the app for making reservations, but each person has to scan their own ticket/magic band at the ride entrance.
    Oleg, I agree. FP+ show tickets count and you can't make any additional FPs until you use all 3, so F! Kind of blocks you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Oleg, I agree. FP+ show tickets count and you can't make any additional FPs until you use all 3, so F! Kind of blocks you.
    Well Cali's FP system won't let u reserve in advance so the "three limit" model won't be in play. I would think they would apply it like any other daily FP ticket.

Thanks Candles for that. I was reading it as that but thinking there is no way its possible. While in an app or like FP+ it is when all are under one account.

While it does stink to set up the shows like that, at least it isn't as bad as if you have it in WDW. Here it is just the 2 hours so luckily it doesn't take the whole day to wait for that show to come and go before you can use the system again.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Ok let me get this straight, you were told one person's AP/ticket would hold all the group's FP?..
    No, I was told that each bar code (whether it be from a ticket or from an AP) would be linked to each FP. So my pass barcode would be linked to my FPs and Mr. Tea's pass barcode would be linked to his FPs. That way, I would not be able to get a FP, have Mr. Tea also get a FP to the same ride, then use both FPs myself to ride twice. Candles explained it well.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    No, I was told that each bar code (whether it be from a ticket or from an AP) would be linked to each FP. So my pass barcode would be linked to my FPs and Mr. Tea's pass barcode would be linked to his FPs. That way, I would not be able to get a FP, have Mr. Tea also get a FP to the same ride, then use both FPs myself to ride twice. Candles explained it well.
    Which does suck in that manner just because we would get doubles for rides at times if my daughter didn't want to go on certain things and my boys would. I don't get the big deal with doing that but guess if this is the case we can't do that anymore. Oh well. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Which does suck in that manner just because we would get doubles for rides at times if my daughter didn't want to go on certain things and my boys would. I don't get the big deal with doing that but guess if this is the case we can't do that anymore. Oh well. No biggie.
    Nobody is checking ID at the entrance to a ride. You can still do that.

Quote Originally Posted by personnext View Post
    True. I've read where people will use someone else's Magic band, within their party.

Quote Originally Posted by personnext View Post
    True. Its just going to be one of those switch the APs used I guess as they come out.

Does anyone know how they will charge for MaxPass? Will people pay via credit card when they install the app, or do they upgrade or purchase a different type of park ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by neverlander View Post
    Does anyone know how they will charge for MaxPass? Will people pay via credit card when they install the app, or do they upgrade or purchase a different type of park ticket?
    I wouldn't be surprised if its offered as an add on to your ticket when you purchase it. Sort of like the option of park hopper is but nothing has been said by Disney about it so who knows. I would think that would probably be the best way to do it though and those that don't have it to just pay with the a card through the app.

Thanks. I just looked on a couple of other sites that indicate they'll be purchased with and attached to individual tickets.

We were planning on purchasing tickets online that we'd need to pick up at the ticket booths this weekend. I wonder if the lines will be incredibly long with people adding the feature on to their pre-purchased tickets or APs.

Quote Originally Posted by neverlander View Post
    We were planning on purchasing tickets online that we'd need to pick up at the ticket booths this weekend. I wonder if the lines will be incredibly long with people adding the feature on to their pre-purchased tickets or APs.
    I would assume that there will be a way to pay for this in-app. I'm sure Disney wants to make it as easy as possible for people to part with their money. Depending on how heavily they advertise it to start, I would think that most of the people trying to use it to start will be able to pay for it through their phones.

BUT, if they start to advertise it heavily (i.e. pass out flyers about it in the parking lots) then that could attract a lot more people who don't know what they are doing and need extra assistance. Those people might go to the ticket booths for help. If I were Disney, I would do a word of mouth roll-out and fix any flaws before I started advertising heavily. That does not mean that Disney will make the same decision.