Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy [Tower opening date?]

Guardians of the Galaxy [Tower opening date?]

Sorry if this was discussed in another thread but does anyone know when guardians of the galaxy ( tower of terror ) reopening?

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Word is, this summer. My guess, around the time of the premier of the movie, if work is completed.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Word is, this summer. My guess, around the time of the premier of the movie, if work is completed.
    The announcement said Summer. I agree with Mal, the movie premiere is the likely time frame. Keep in mind Summer doesn't start until June 21 and continues into September.

Okay good our trip is in september so rides will be open hopefully. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tdavis View Post
    Okay good our trip is in september so rides will be open hopefully. Thanks
    The railroad and river are supposed to be summer as well.
    Depending on your week, HM and Space may be down for overlays.

We will be in parks the 21st thru 26 th of september hopefully they will be open for at least some of it

But i am aware that alot of refurbs happen i just hope pirates isnt down

By the way what are crowds like mid to end of september?

We will be in parks the 21st thru 26 th of september hopefully they will be open for at least some of it
    Halloween will be in full swing so they'll both be back up and running.

But i am aware that alot of refurbs happen i just hope pirates isnt down
    Pirates is having a refurb this spring so it's unlikely to be down again in the fall.

By the way what are crowds like mid to end of september?
    Halloween is a busy time. You'll be there before they start the Halloween parties (most likely) but it's a popular time to go.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Wow, I didn't know it will be open that soon. Great news for my next trip.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Thanks 3 princess1princess. We have gone in october before which wasnt horrible except the weekends but was curiose how september compared. Of coarse are trip in april last year was frusterating because crowds were way more than the april trip before. Im hoping with the railroad and the rivers back online it will alleviate the crowd issues.

When our you going next?

When our you going next?
    No plans
    Hoping to get back to WDW before my oldest graduates high school which means no DL trips for a couple of years.

Never been to wdw but really enjoy disneyland resort

OK so I was just looking at the pics of the updated ride, and every time I do this I am hoping I will like it. However, my first gut reaction is that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. For me it's the color choices. Just not my favorite hues for sure (I know based off a movie). Anyone else having this problem. I'm seriously trying to like it but it's hideous.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

Always on my way to Disneyland: 84, 87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11

You have to keep in mind that it is an alien industrial warehouse that is housing part of the collection gathered by The Collector.
    I am liking pictures so far, my daughter saw part of it unveiled and she thought it was fine.

We walked by it yesterday, and even though neither of us is familiar with the story line or characters, we agreed that the building itself looks pretty cool at night.

While that's an excellent point, candles71, some of my friends and I think the building's design has to reflect something we've yet to see until we watch the new movie. We can't remember any of that graphic styling appearing in the first film. And it'd just be more appealing if the look was something that had a direct relation to something we saw in the movies. If our speculation bears out, we'll likely enjoy the look way more than we do now.

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Quote Originally Posted by lweigel View Post
    OK so I was just looking at the pics of the updated ride, and every time I do this I am hoping I will like it. However, my first gut reaction is that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. For me it's the color choices. Just not my favorite hues for sure (I know based off a movie). Anyone else having this problem. I'm seriously trying to like it but it's hideous.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk
    I'm with you on that. We saw a little of it and I've seen the pictures as well but its just plan ugly IMO. I'm not into that weird dome part on top of it on the one side we saw. It was blinding with the sun bouncing off it when we looked that way. I'm not a fan of Marvel or that kind of ride though so in the end whatever. We are stuck with it looking as it is. I will just have to remember to not glance that way on a sunny day. Sort of like with the castle's overlay for the 60th...I had the same issue with the sun bouncing off it in parts. For me that can give me a headache so I just made sure to never look at those areas.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I hope they don't return to service GOTG, train's and river at the same time! Man! It would be a madhouse.

Nightwing I don't think it will happen that way. GOTG is suppose to open Memorial Day weekend which is already a pretty crowded weekend. The conductors and engineers of the trains are saying July when you talk to them. At least that is what we got told by them when we were there. They just offered the info. We weren't going to ask about it. I don't think things are done enough yet to open the trains and river. At least from the pictures that get posted of construction it doesn't seem like it yet.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know if anyone else cares - but an image around twitter was being shared from the Thor:Ragnarok movie trailer that seems to depict the ToT-GOTG-Collector building in the distance behind Jeff Goldblum's right shoulder. Its not clear if this building is The Collector's in the movie. Interesting - did the ride change inspire inclusion in the movie or did the image in the movie inspire the way the new ride looks. Either way - you'd have to ask a Synergy strategist from Disney to figure this out.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I'm going to have to go watch it again. I was too focused on Thor. I only watched it a dozen times.

I am a fan of GotG, but that building is arguably the ugliest building at a Disney theme park...

I wouldn't say it is ugly. It is just out of place where it is. If it was coming up in Tomorrowland instead of Hollywood it would be ok then.