Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update

Walt Disney World Resort Update by Mark Goldhaber

New Fantasyland, Test Track, Jack Sparrow to open this week | New Fantasyland opening-day merchandise sold in multiple locations including online; pins to be released outside park | MousePlanet Meet-up this Saturday! | and much more.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bistro de Paris at Epcot reopens soon as Monsieur Paul with a completely refurbished dining room and new, more casual menu
    Is it still going to be considered a signature restaurant with the more casual menu? And will it still be fancier than the downstairs location?
    Cathy

I'm glad they changed the name cause Bistro never made sense. A classic Parisian bistro is where they serve moderately priced simple meals in a modest setting. For Epcot's second floor signature French restaurant to be named Bistro de Paris was kinda dumb. Sorta like Princess Aurora's father King Stefan having "his" restaurant inside Cinderella Castle. Having gotten that off my chest, we're anxious to try Monsieur Paul this May.

John

I'm trying to figure out how Nelson fits into the Flower Power theme. Unless they're going to sing their dad's songs...

Powers &8^]

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    I'm glad they changed the name cause Bistro never made sense. A classic Parisian bistro is where they serve moderately priced simple meals in a modest setting. For Epcot's second floor signature French restaurant to be named Bistro de Paris was kinda dumb. Sorta like Princess Aurora's father King Stefan having "his" restaurant inside Cinderella Castle. Having gotten that off my chest, we're anxious to try Monsieur Paul this May.
    If I recall correctly, Bistro de Paris was originally the main downstairs restaurant, which was supplemented by the adjoining Au Petit Cafe. Les Chefs de France was located upstairs. When Au Petit Cafe was subsumed into the larger downstairs facility, the remaining names were swapped with Chefs moving downstairs and Bistro moving upstairs. I could be wrong, though, my memory is a bit fuzzy on that.

As to King Stefan's, the retcon explanation that I heard was that in medieval times, kings often named their banquet halls for their closest ally to strengthen their ties, and that therefore Cinderella's father-in-law named his banquet hall after his ally Stefan. Not that I place much faith in it, but that was the "official" story for years.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Walt Disney World Resort Update

The swapping names in Epcot would totally explain why I could never keep the names straight! Because wasn't the upstairs started by three famous chefs?

But will upstairs remain Signature?

Cathy

That would be a great explanantion, Mark, except Disney's versions of Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella take place about 400 years apart.

John

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

John, like I said, it's a retcon explanation, so it doesn't necessarily have to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    That would be a great explanantion, Mark, except Disney's versions of Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella take place about 400 years apart.
    One of them looks darn good for 400+ years old. I've got to find out what kind of moisturizer those princesses are using.