Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it true what I heard about the Maliboomer?

Unhappy Is it true what I heard about the Maliboomer?

Are they really going to remove my favorite ride from DCA? Please say it isnt so!!!!!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by carterhawk View Post
    Are they really going to remove my favorite ride from DCA? Please say it isnt so!!!!!
    Found this, which seems to confirm it:
    http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=949

Yes, it's true. But may I recommend The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror over in Hollywood Pictures Backlot? It has the same up and down thrills with a great theme and story created by the brilliant minds at WDI.

Solar Surfer

yes it is true and I agree, it is sad. While the theming sucks and it does not fit into a disney park (imho), nothing beats the adrenaline rush of the maliboomer (not even ToT, which I LOVE). I always make sure to get a seat facing into the park because the views are great from up there... I rode it 3 times on my last day in february because it seemed that it might be gone by the next time we make it back to LA.

For the longest time I thought this ride was called the MAILboomer and I was so confused about what that meant.

I hate the plastic barf guard or whatever it is, it makes me uncomfortable, like I am breathing the same air over and over.

Megan

Quote Originally Posted by bubsy View Post
    For the longest time I thought this ride was called the MAILboomer and I was so confused about what that meant.

I hate the plastic barf guard or whatever it is, it makes me uncomfortable, like I am breathing the same air over and over.
    I also thought it was called the Mailboomer and was confused!

Quote Originally Posted by bubsy View Post
    It's a scream guard.

I really don't like that ride and don't care if they take it out or not. My 11 y.o. DS will be sad though, but he's the only one.

Sure, the Maliboomer is a fun ride but one you can find at just about ANY theme/amusement park and therefore not worthy of being a Disney attraction. So long Maliboomer! Let's hope for a new attraction filled with magic & worthy to be in a Disney resort park! Only my opinion...

I'm gonna miss it, but it's gonna be nice to see our old friend, the sign that says "Sorry, We're Imagineering a new attraction" with Mickey at the drawing board.

--t

...thanks for noticing me... amarvel's Avatar

my dh is very upset too, its his favorite ride. although not my favorite i do find it different then TOT. but at least TOT is staying for a similar thrill.

Angela, wife to guy in the two foot tall Tigger hat
    Click here to see My Disneyland Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    It's a scream guard.

I really don't like that ride and don't care if they take it out or not. My 11 y.o. DS will be sad though, but he's the only one.
    What is the purpose of a "scream guard"? I have never ridden the Maliboomer, but it seems like that plastic thing in front of your face would make you feel very claustrophobic.

just curious, does this elevate higher then tower of terror? or not as high? maybe the same?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzelthorn View Post
    What is the purpose of a "scream guard"? I have never ridden the Maliboomer, but it seems like that plastic thing in front of your face would make you feel very claustrophobic.
    It's for noise abatement. Basically it reduces the noise that people hear outside DCA and is likely a requirement of the DCA permit to keep the sound outside below a certain level.

Next time you are at the park, notice the "tunnels" on California Screamin'. They are solid facing the south (where homes are located), but open facing the park. It is another form of sound shielding, similar to the Scream Shields on Maliboomer.

Tower of Terror's opening doors also are designed to have the guests screams go towards the park.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    So long Maliboomer! Let's hope for a new attraction filled with magic & worthy to be in a Disney resort park! Only my opinion...
    I agree!

Its the same reason there are "tubes" around California Screamin.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    It's for noise abatement. Basically it reduces the noise that people hear outside DCA and is likely a requirement of the DCA permit to keep the sound outside below a certain level.
    Disneyland Visits: April 2003, September 2006, April 2007, October 2007, April 2008 =( October 2008 (in the works..)

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Exitx View Post
    Yep.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Yep.
    For Internet access?
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

This ride left me conflicted.

Before I was shot up in the air, I actually was a little scared from the anticipation. But once you are shot up in the air, it was disappointing.

I like ToT much better.

I always felt the "up" was better than the "down" on Maliboomer, and the reverse on TOT.

Quote Originally Posted by biolabetty View Post
    I always felt the "up" was better than the "down" on Maliboomer, and the reverse on TOT.
    That's the point. Maliboomer isn't a drop, it shoots you up. ToT is a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    That's the point. Maliboomer isn't a drop, it shoots you up. ToT is a drop.
    HUH????

The first "high speed" action of the elevator is going UP!

And just like the Maliboomer, and other S&S Towers, once the first action is made (going up, or down, like Supreme Scream, which goes up SLOWLY), it goes up and down multiple times, bouncing you around.
    Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I'm not a big Maliboomer fan. The anticipation is fun, but that's the only thing it has going for it. However, I'd rather see them knock out a different ride if they want to make room for a new attraction. Like the Orange Stinger, or Jumpin' Jellyfish, or that stupid ferris wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    HUH????

The first "high speed" action of the elevator is going UP!
    Actually the "first" motion of the thrill part of the ride is dropping DOWN.