Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Crowd levels at Universal Orlando/IOA

Crowd levels at Universal Orlando/IOA

I just found out about Universal Orlando/IOA doing away with their free version of the Fast Pass. I guess that if you want short line privileges, you have to either stay at one of their hotels, or purchase the Express Plus Pass for almost the cost of a one day ticket.

Has anyone been to Universal Orlando or IOA during a peak time recently? I am wondering-- I would like to include both parks in my trip to WDW in late July/early Aug. If I arrive early on the Universal days, and follow the Unofficial Guide touring plans, will that really help cut the time waiting in lines?

I don't like the idea of buying express plus passes each day, just for the privilege of getting in the shorter line once for each ride. If I want to to the Spiderman ride more than once or twice, that isn't going to work for me.

I have considered staying at Universal's Royal Pacific for 1 night, checking in really early in the day, and flashing the room key for 2 days in the parks. That might be an alternative, but I hate to spend the money if it isn't necessary.

Anyone have any wise, sage Universal advice in this area?

Leslie

2. # ADS

My daughter was just there on Wednesday. She said it was packed. Luckily, they went with friends that knew an employee and were able to get front of the line passes/fast passes for the day.

~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm really curious to see if you get a response. We're going in August, and for the first time we're doing Universal and Seaworld along with Disney. I'm an expert at getting around the crowds at WDW, but I'm really concerned about Universal. I bought the Unofficial Guide - Beyond Disney, and it's full of warnings about crowds, and most of the warnings seem to be steering you away from going. Literally every attraction says go before 10:00 or at dinner time. I'm getting to the point where I think we should go before they open and leave at 11:00am.

i have done exactly what you are thinking of doing as i hve read that the lines can be as long as 90 mins for spiderman and the hulk and i didnt want to take the risk.