Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: [Day Trip] grimgrinningirl - march 6, 2008

[Day Trip] grimgrinningirl - march 6, 2008

Some strange and interesting things happened on my latest DL trip, so I thought I would write a trip report.

I went with my mom and 12 year old daughter. We decided to have a Disneyland ditch day and drove up from San Diego. The first strange thing to happen was at the parking structure. I always park on the Daisy level or the one above it (Mickey, I think) but this time they directed us to park on the ground level. We had to take a different route to the tram and did not pass the bathroom, which I was planning to stop at. But there were more surprises to come...

DD wanted to ride Buzz first. This was never our first ride before, but ok. What was not Ok was Mom scoring really high and me scoring really low

Our next stop was Fantasyland and after a few rides, we were ready for lunch. Now, I haven't been to Village Haus in a long time, and it wasn't a good experience (crowded, noisy and hot) and I've read on MP the food wasn't the greatest, but we were hungry and still wanted to ride teacups and Alice, so we thought we would give it a shot. I was surprised by how cute it was! The decorations, paintings on the walls and the furniture style made me feel like I was in the middle of a storybook. The food was good, too. Mom and I had cheeseburgers, DD had pizza. We all liked our meals. I don't know why this place gets a bad rap, I'd definately go back.

Unfortunately, our next surprise was not as pleasant. I had the privelage of riding POTC with the rudest guy ever! As we were passing Blue Bayou, this lovely gentleman behind us yelled out "Hey, throw me a biscuit!!" If this was all he did, I could have lived with it, but then he got out one of those Buzz Lightyear guns that light up and make noise and started shooting with it.
    I turned around and politely asked him if he could please turn it off during the ride. He DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT ME!!! When I turned back aroud, I heard him say to his friend "that's how the ride is". I had to put up with his stupid gun and stupid comments all through the ride.

Then it was time to ride Indy. We got on the ride with little waiting and had a great time on it, as always. As our vehicle was approaching the loading area the ride stopped and the lights came on. I've been in line before when this happened and we had to wait about 20 minutes for things to start back up again, and eventually got to ride. I thought we would just have to sit tight awhile and then the ride would start up and we could get off. Nope. They came and got us out with a step ladder, cleared everyone out and closed the ride down. We were just so lucky to have made it through the ride before it stopped. While I would think it would be cool to walk through with the lights on, it's DD's favorite ride, and if she had to get out before it was over it would NOT have been pretty! They gave us one of those universal fastpasses, but we had ridden everything we wanted to, so I gave it to another family.

Well, it was kind of a strange trip ( since this a family board, I didn't even mention an inappropriately dressed woman at the train station) but still fun. Like I overheard a man telling his kids, "You're at Disneyland, be happy!"

2. # ADS

I find "inappropriately" dressed people everywhere so it would not surprise me to see them at DL. LOL Its sad that some people need to draw attention to themselves in a negative way like that. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

I parked on the Chip & Dale floor of the parking garage last time, too. We almost forgot on the way back, and headed to the elevator, lol.

I don't understand why the Villiage Haus always gets bad reviews either...it's one of our favorite fast food places in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by lizziemcguire76 View Post
    I don't understand why the Villiage Haus always gets bad reviews either...it's one of our favorite fast food places in the park.
    We've been pretty pleased the last couple of times we've eaten there, too. The veggie burgers are pretty yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by River Belle View Post
    We've been pretty pleased the last couple of times we've eaten there, too. The veggie burgers are pretty yummy!

I actually haven't been there since they added those to the menu and I was really excited when i learnt they had because it always used to be hard to find vegetarian items at the fast food places.