Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Paula Abdul's new video

Paula Abdul's new video

Those of you who are children of the 80's, check out Paula Abdul's new video and tell me what you think:

Paula Abdul's New Video

I dunno. I mean, I do think it's better than I thought it would be, but does anyone hear her voice? Does it sound like they spiced it up with synths? Something off about that.

Maybe one big commercial for American Idol? ;D

Now here's where she was hotter than hot:

Paula Abdul Straight Up

I know we all age, and she probably doesn't move as good as she used to, but she's not that old. And Madonna can still cut it. It seems to me to be a shell of what she used to do.

Does anyone else see this? Or am I making something out of nothing?

I'd like to see her try it after she's clean of drugs.

Here's my absolute favorite Paula video:

Opposites Attract

Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was. - Hebrew proverb
    I believe in angels!

What am I? I am a Voyager. You ever hear of one?
    Bat's Breath!!

2. # ADS

Next Headmaster of Hogwarts

No you are not making something out of nothing

I loved Paula Abdul in her Opposites Attract and Cold Hearted Snake days. I was skeptic of watching the video and though it's not terrible - I was still disappointed. She was a pretty darn good dancer in her heyday. This song is about how she can't stop dancing, but she doesn't seem to be doing much of the dancing in it. She looks good for her age, but one of the outfits is just not that flattering on her and makes her look worse than she really is.

And no, you are not alone in hearing a tad much of the synths. I felt the same way. In fact, to be completely honest, I only could handle a little over half.

I'm sad, because I used to love her!

"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
    Did you know Friday's serves breakfast?

Thank you, blue! You saw exactly what I saw, word for word. My thougths exactly.

Oh, you missed the last shot, with Randy, Simon and Ryan.

Again I say, "Commerical for AI."

Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was. - Hebrew proverb
    I believe in angels!

Bat's Breath!!

I was so glad that she did anything new, I was willing to be forgiving. The lack of dance may be in part to this supposed injury she has that caused the use of all the pain pills? Just a thought...I'm reserving final judgement until I hear more new songs.

I loved Paula in the 80's - and I hate to admit this, but the first time I saw the video, I thought it was a joke/publicity stunt - I felt so bad after I found out it was real - it's not the paula we love from the day -

and I know people change, cause the guy from Air Supply can't hit the high notes like he used to, be he still sounds like Air Supply - not a computer generated version of himself -

"Remember . . . Dreams Come True"

Just call me Grumpy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPooh View Post
    I dunno. I mean, I do think it's better than I thought it would be, but does anyone hear her voice? Does it sound like they spiced it up with synths? Something off about that.
    As Emily Osment's character "Lily" exclaimed in a Hannah Montana episode (the one where Hannah remixes a song that Lily sang--horribly--in order to give to her mom)..."You remixed me?"

Sorry to disappoint, guys, but Paula was ALWAYS oversynthed. She does NOT have a very good voice, and was always tech'd up to sound better than she is. This sounds just the same to me...

Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion...

I never really thought about her voice being good or not, I just enjoyed her music back in the day. But now it seems overdone.

I believe in angels!

Bat's Breath!!

Blog Entries

That bustier outfit was a mistake. Maybe if the design had been less froufrou and more Madonna in "Vogue", it would have worked.

Paula Abdul has always been less of a singer and more of a choreographer and dancer, right?

Edited to add: Also, the lyrics are for a much younger singer.

Insert passive aggressive sentence of your choice here.

Ah well, I liked it. But then, I never saw her music videos from the 80s, although I did know all the songs. I didn't see her do that much dancing in the Straight Up video, except the very beginning. It didn't look that different to me. And in terms of comparing her to Madonna, Madonna has kept herself in shape and has been working all along, whereas Paula hasn't done anything in the past ten years, so it's likely she is just not in good enough shape to do anything major.

Quote Originally Posted by partyoffive View Post
    I loved Paula in the 80's - and I hate to admit this, but the first time I saw the video, I thought it was a joke/publicity stunt - I felt so bad after I found out it was real - it's not the paula we love from the day -

and I know people change, cause the guy from Air Supply can't hit the high notes like he used to, be he still sounds like Air Supply - not a computer generated version of himself -

I agree. Mike Reno can't wear red leather pants anymore but he can still sing. This is where we will see Britney in a few years(if she makes it that long) but she is already pretty miked up when she sings anyway. I miss the Paula of the 80's. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess