Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Port Orleans French Quarter Boat Service to Downtown Disney

Port Orleans French Quarter Boat Service to Downtown Disney

About how long does it take to get to Downtown Disney from the French Quarter via boat? Is bus faster?

Well be going mid may if it matters.

2. # ADS

It's probably about 15 minutes by bus and 20 by boat from POFQ but the boat is far more enjoyable.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Loving my sweet pea.

One thing to take into account is the wait time for the boat. The one time I used it was mid-morning, and we had to wait 3 boats worth of people to get on one. I expected that... so we just enjoyed the sunshine. If you're in a hurry, I'd recommend the bus. If you're out for a leisurely good time, take the boat. It really is a nice ride.

Quote Originally Posted by THpoohbear View Post
    One thing to take into account is the wait time for the boat. The one time I used it was mid-morning, and we had to wait 3 boats worth of people to get on one. I expected that... so we just enjoyed the sunshine. If you're in a hurry, I'd recommend the bus. If you're out for a leisurely good time, take the boat. It really is a nice ride.
    Personally I'd wait for the boat, but my 2 year old might differ

At Walt's in Disneyland Paris DisneylandForever's Avatar

Another vote for taking the boat. However I've never had to wait very long. The stop is behind the pool area, not far at all from the main lobby. So I would check there first. If the line is pretty long, it's just a short walk to the bus stop.

The boat may take longer but its much more fun. The relaxation of Disney at its best. I always make up this little idea that the only way you can get to the magic of Down Town Disney is to get there by boat because its a magical island Me and my overactive imagination!

Katie

WDW -- '95 '97 '98 '99 '00 '02 '03 '05 '06 '09

Thanks to everyone for the respones!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Katie, I'm literally, laughing out loud with you!

What I've done on occassion is take the boat to and then the bus back, especially if it's unusually cold (Florida cold)

Cathy

At least your not laughing at me

Katie

WDW -- '95 '97 '98 '99 '00 '02 '03 '05 '06 '09

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Water Taxi on Sassagoula River

Anyone know what the hours are? I know they vary ... just trying to get a rough idea of how early and how late from POFQ to DTD.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want to say from 10 or 11 AM to about 10:30-11PM, if my memory serves me right.
    (Gonna have to look at some of my notes from our last trip....)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Was there a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly, it was 11 to 11 Sunday thru Thursday and 11 to 11:30 Friday and Saturday.