Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Weight limits at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by The old man View Post
    This is a false analogy. The majority (not all) of overweight people can do something about their weight. A person can not change their race, or age.
    But it is a very good analogy with regard to religion, which theoretically people "can do something" about if only they would forsake their silly religious beliefs. Furthermore, I daresay that "the majority (not all) of overweight people" wish they were thinner and have tried various methods to lose weight but have been unsuccessful.

Katprint

2. # ADS

Well I am about 6'3" and about 350.. I was able to get on EVERY ride except space mountain..I was worried about this from the start. the sad part for me was that my legs were too long. when I tried to sit down my knees I'd guess I'd say clipped the front so i couldnt sit down. we went way early incase something like this would have happend. I almost wish I could go in that side area and try to adjust my legs to see if it works.. never been on space mountain before. I rushed when i initally saw the problem. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Katlovett View Post
    But it is a very good analogy with regard to religion, which theoretically people "can do something" about if only they would forsake their silly religious beliefs. Furthermore, I daresay that "the majority (not all) of overweight people" wish they were thinner and have tried various methods to lose weight but have been unsuccessful.

Katprint
    Most people do not think their silly religious beliefs are silly and don't wish to do something about them. The majority (perhaps) of overweight people do want to do something, can, and don't.

Decided to remove posting.

Last edited by HTanner; 02-12-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Just wanted to remove the posting.
    This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

As a bottom heavy woman, at its "girthiest", sz 26, my humongous behind (for which I require no pity, thanks) fit ok on most rides at DL and DCA, though I didn't ever try the Stinger, for reasons of the posted weight limit. Nor, at any point was I ever made to feel embarrassed by CMs.

Now that my huge repulsive derriere is about an 18/20, nothing is really a problem except the seats in MuppetVision, which were uncomfortable even for my thinner-than-average friend.

In my personal experience, you'd probably have more problems if you're a lot taller than average, than if you're wider. I'm only a little above average height but my knees took a beating from some of the rides other posters mentioned above.

Hope this is helpful. I will refrain from commenting on the poster who has had body modification done, in all likelihood, to her "chestal" region, for "aesthetic" reasons, and condescends to extend her princessy pity to those who have chosen not to modify theirs likewise. Hey, judgement is a two-way street.

Oops, I did comment afterall. Oh well.

Being what is called a large person (6'4" 280lbs) I have had a couple of "pushing the envelope" ride experiences but only once have I not been able to enjoy a ride, that was the flipping, caged Ferris wheel at Lagoon in Salt Lake City known as the Rockola! Despite my long legs, I have never had any trouble at any rides at DLR. Believe it or not, my biggest problem is foot space! I sport size 15 monsters and getting them into the cramped foot areas in some coasters is very difficult. BTW, all of my fellow thrill maniacs should try to visit Lagoon soon, they have a darn good lineup of coasters including the brand new "Wicked" http://www.rcdb.com/ig3534.htm as well as the double looping Colossus, the spinning "mouse" style coaster the Spider, the hanging coaster the Bat and the antique "White Rollercoaster"

Quote Originally Posted by jazzjunkie View Post
    As a bottom heavy woman, at its "girthiest", sz 26, my humongous behind (for which I require no pity, thanks) fit ok on most rides at DL and DCA, though I didn't ever try the Stinger, for reasons of the posted weight limit. Nor, at any point was I ever made to feel embarrassed by CMs.

Now that my huge repulsive derriere is about an 18/20, nothing is really a problem except the seats in MuppetVision, which were uncomfortable even for my thinner-than-average friend.

In my personal experience, you'd probably have more problems if you're a lot taller than average, than if you're wider. I'm only a little above average height but my knees took a beating from some of the rides other posters mentioned above.

Hope this is helpful. I will refrain from commenting on the poster who has had body modification done, in all likelihood, to her "chestal" region, for "aesthetic" reasons, and condescends to extend her princessy pity to those who have chosen not to modify theirs likewise. Hey, judgement is a two-way street.

Oops, I did comment afterall. Oh well.
    Best post I've read in ages.

I've always thought the vehicles on Pooh's Hallucinogenic Journey are rather tight and awkward.
    " There are no trips to Pleasure Island today. Please enjoy other Fantasyland adventures." - a sign in Disneyland

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Moderator warning:

Oh, and discuss the post, not the poster, yadda yadda yadda.
    What she said.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe