Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Cinderella's Royal Table on Dining Plan Question

Cinderella's Royal Table on Dining Plan Question

We're going to try and get ADRs for Cindy's for December. We'll be doing the dining plan. I know we have to prepay with a credit card at the time we make the reservation. If we use the dining plan, do they refund the credit card at the restaurant or how does that work?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. # ADS

I think I'm right in saying that they will take your credit card details but not take the money until you've eaten (will be taken anyway if you no-show and don't cancel). Again I think, you just use x2 DDP credits off your card at the end of the meal and they won't actually process a credit card transaction. They hold the details to make it a 'real' reservation which they can retrievie the monies for regardless of whether you turn up or not. There is a cancellation window, I don't know what it is. It works the same for the Fantasmic Dining Package too.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

that is correct. a credit card will be required for booking but it should not be charged as long as they know you're on the DDP. i believe the cancellation window for CRT is 24 hours.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

Dreaming of sailing on the Dream

My card was charged when the resy's were made at 180 days out and I was told when we check in to tell them we are on the dining plan and they would credit my card. We dine there on 2/17 so I guess i'll see if the reservation agent was right.

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

you shouldn't have been charged. i don't know how the restaurant will handle it either. for those using DDE, sometimes they get credited the 20% when booking, but most often, they get it back in the form of a disney gift card at the meal.

if you're okay with getting it back on a gift card, then let it go. otherwise, i'd be calling Disney Dining and get it resolved now.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

We ate at CRT in Sept using the dining plan with advance reservations. They asked when I made the reservation if I was using the dining plan.

My credit card was never charged.

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you shouldn't have been charged.
    While I know you were mainly referring to those who were booking CRT while on the DDP, for a point of reference:

We made ressies three days ago for CRT for Dinner for our trip coming up in April.
    At that time, we were NOT on the dining plan. (We are now.)
    Looking at my charge card now.
    I was charged the full amount of the meal.

We actually canceled it the next day since we changed our mind for various reasons.
    Now to see how fast our card is refunded.

I know that this is now their policy, but after thinking about it, I was not really ready to cough up nearly $300 for a meal that I wont have for over 3 months.

With that said... Stichy626 - let us know how this works out for you (doing CRT on DDP and having your card credited) as I know this question / issue has come up before. Would be good to have a direct experience documented and then start comparing any variances by others. (If any.)
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!