Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Need Help From WDW Cast Member -- please [CM entry privileges]

Can You Find Me Now? motomickey's Avatar

Need Help From WDW Cast Member -- please [CM entry privileges]

I am a Disneyland CM and am going to WDW in October for a week. I need some info regarding main gate admission rules and food discounts.

1. Me, my hubby and my sister are going to be there in our DVC--will the maingate pass get all three of us into the parks each day (acting as a parkhopper?) will this take 7 days from my 16 total yearly allotment (i am pretty sure that is true)
    2. If only certain restaurants give 20% discounts and then they automatically take 18% for a tip, even if I did not feel they deserved that tip, would the Disney Dining Club be a better deal for me?

3. Do I get a discount for tickets to the waterparks, or are these included on the maingate passes?

Thanks for any help you can give me so that I can plan my trip.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
    That is Honor.......

2. # ADS

Friend of Figment
    Quote Originally Posted by mrandmrs motomickey View Post
    I am a Disneyland CM and am going to WDW in October for a week. I need some info regarding main gate admission rules and food discounts.

1. Me, my hubby and my sister are going to be there in our DVC--will the maingate pass get all three of us into the parks each day (acting as a parkhopper?) will this take 7 days from my 16 total yearly allotment (i am pretty sure that is true)
    If your MainGate says at least passholder plus two guests you will have no problem. Being from DL each of you will, once you have entered be given a reentry ticket which is a parkhopper and also good for the FastPass machines. I do not know if it will take days off your allotment. Last time I went to DL was by myself and the days were not taken off my WDW MainGate.
    2. If only certain restaurants give 20% discounts and then they automatically take 18% for a tip, even if I did not feel they deserved that tip, would the Disney Dining Club be a better deal for me?
    As a DVC Member you can get the Disney Dining Plan. You might want to go to The Hub, WDW, Guest Content, Dining and go from there. It explains the various dining plans.
    3. Do I get a discount for tickets to the waterparks, or are these included on the maingate passes?

Thanks for any help you can give me so that I can plan my trip.
    Normally the water park discounts talk about "Florida Site Cast". However, you may be able to get a 50% discount. BTW, as a DVC Member you can get a 10% discount.
    Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

DLR -> WDW Cast Member

You can get yourself and three other people (or the number of your dependants) into the Parks and acts as a one-day Park Hopper, which does NOT count against your yearly allotment. Your yearly allotment only counts for sign-ins at your home Resort.

Other then free admissions and your regular discounts on food and merchandise, Disneyland Resort Cast Members don't get much more then that at Walt Disney World. Most everything else at Walt Disney World (including lesser destinations like the water parks, Cirque, DisneyQuest, Pleasure Island) is what they call "Florida Site", which means that you have to be a "Florida Site" Cast Member to get discounts at those places. This even extends as far as Cast Member events and soft-openings for new attractions, though local management can override the "official policy" at their discretion (like when local DAK management decided to let non-"Florida Site" Cast Members to come in for the Expedition Everest Cast Previews the morning of the first day of previews). Walt Disney World upper management enacted this form of horrible one-sided segregation around 2001, which is sad because the DLR does not use the term "California-Site" at all to segregate WDW Cast Members visiting there.

On any discounted meals now, including those with Cast Member discounts, the gratuity automatically is added and you can always ask to speak with a manager to lower the amount if you want (on the flip-side, you can always raise it on your own w/o a manager as well). The new Disney Dining Plan does NOT include gratuity and appetizer any longer as of this year's plan, all for $1 less then 2007 so the value of the plan was lowered tremendously... though still it is a pretty good deal, it's just definitely not as good as last year. You can purchase the DDP through DVC, but not through any Cast Member channels.

Speaking of tips, like with most all table-service restaurants outside of Disney... the tip is shared by not only the server, but the bussers and any wait help as well. If you're worried about getting horrible service because you are on the dining plan, I went last year during FREE dining and only experienced great to excellent service. There were multiple occasions where I left even more because the server and wait help was so good.

Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins with Me...! 8:P