Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best water park for 4-6 yr olds

Best water park for 4-6 yr olds

Hello, my first post on Mouse PLanet! We just finished planning our 3rd year in a row trip to WDW. My kids are 4 and 6 and we'd like to head to a water park to try something new. i have never been to one in WDW. Any suggestions on which one would have the most to offer for that age group?
    From my research, it looks like typhoon lagoon, but I'd like to get some opinions from others.
    Thanks and I look forward to contributing to this community!
    Jim in Massachusetts

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Welcome, Jim!

You'll love it here!

I agree with you that Typhoon Lagoon would be better suited to the ages you mentioned. If you're at Beach/Yacht Club, that pool is supposed to be terrific. I LOVE the POFQ pool too and we can easily spend 1/2 day lounging around and goofing off.

Have a terrific trip.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

There's a pre-school bit which I'm pretty sure was at Typhoon Lagoon but there's a really irritiating slide there, where you deposit the child at the top then have to leg it to the bottom to get them as no direct line of vision between top and bottom. Good slide for a 4 year old though - get in training now to run up and down that hill Take buckets and spades too then you might get a rest for 1/2 an hour! Family tube ride at Blizzard Beach fabulous after you've treked to the top of it too. Overall I'd choose TL for little ones. Enjoy!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I have to agree with everyone else. Typhoon Lagoon has an awesome kiddy area. My then 6 year old daughter would never have left. Go early to stake out a table. I loved the lazy river feature. I hated the wave pool. The surf waves were just too strong for my kids.

~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

Typhoon Lagoon definatly. A couple years back when I was that age I loved it there!!

-Kazie

Katie

WDW -- '95 '97 '98 '99 '00 '02 '03 '05 '06 '09

Do you know if the child can ride in the lap of an adult for the "big" slides with no height restrictions? My 3-year old loves the "big" slides that his older brothers go on ... must keep up!

I'm not sure about the height restrictions there, but I agree with everyone else that Typhoon Lagoon is the best choice for the kiddos. It has a great wave pool and lazy river there.
    I agree with tdelaney about the yacht & beach club pool, I do think it is my favorite of all of the resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeywidow View Post
    Do you know if the child can ride in the lap of an adult for the "big" slides with no height restrictions? My 3-year old loves the "big" slides that his older brothers go on ... must keep up!
    I don't think so, but some rides are 2/3/+ persons in a tube.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)