Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: All-new, all-different Disney Dream Job competition

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Justin!

(Sorry, I posted to my blog first. Took me a few minutes to get here.)

Look for Justin on the MouseStation podcast after he gets back home!

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Yeah Justin!!!!
    I voted three times for you

We're so proud!

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

I am so excited that someone who obviously loves Disney as much as I do won! Can I live vicariously through your experience?

This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

A huge congratulations to our very own Justin M for becoming the first ever Disney CMO! Woot!!!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Thumbs up

Congratulations Justin!

Thank you guys!!!!

I just got home LATE tonight (Wednesday) from the start of a truly life-changing experience! Thanks for keeping everyone here on the MousePad up-to-date on the events and for rallying the votes! I can't thank you all enough for taking an interest in this and supporting me through the process. Once I've had a chance to get some sleep I promise I'll check my email and come back here to answer your questions!!

Thanks again and have a magical night!

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Latest email from Justin:

Thank you SO much!
    I am back from one of the most exhilarating weeks of my life and I have YOU to thank for it! If you havent heard yet, on Tuesday morning in a ceremony in the Magic Kingdom surrounded by rose bushes, with Cinderellas castle as the backdrop, and accompanied by Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, I was named the first ever CMO (Chief Magic Official) for the Disney Parks. You can still visit www.dreamcmo.com to check out the videos from the various contests and the ceremony.

Thanks to YOUR votes, your support, your encouragement, your passion, your enthusiasm, your creativity, and your love I had the confidence to give this dream my best shot and I received enough votes to land what is truly a dream job in the most incredible way possible. I sincerely want you all to know how much I appreciate everything you have done for me. I hope that through this process you had some fun, laughed a lot, shared some stories and memories, connected with some friends around a common goal, and saw that absolutely anything is possible when we believe in each other.

Already I can tell that this position is so much bigger than me. You all made it possible and in some small way I feel like I represent the dreams, hopes, and wishes of each and every one of you. Through me, I hope you have at least a tiny glimpse of the awesome feeling of you can get from helping someone else achieve their dreams. Feels good, doesnt it?

Dont let it stop with me, though! This could be a springboard for a lot of us into a new phase of life where we really focus on the needs and wishes of others and, one dream at a time, we transform the world. Maybe that sounds a bit lofty to you, but a couple of months ago I would have told you that being the last person standing out of 1300 enthusiastic applicants for this position was an impossibly long shot as well. So, Im willing to trust that anything is possible at this point! (Or, as Walt Disney said, Its kind of fun to do the impossible!)

Now, many of you have already asked me, what now? Well, I dont have all the details but the shortest explanation I can offer goes something like this:
    Over the next 12 months I will have the opportunity to visit a wide variety of special events to serve as a goodwill ambassador for the Disney Parks. I will create magical moments for guests and families, interact with cast members, talk with members of the media, and represent the Walt Disney Company (specifically its U.S. theme parks and Disney Destinations) during the amazing Year of a Million Dreams campaign. I am one of the faces of what it looks like to have your dreams come true and I will be blessed enough to be in a position to pass the magic along and pay it forward as they say.

As each event comes along I will share whatever information I can, but just know that through it all I am aiming to make you proud. You helped me get to this point and I will do all I can to represent you well.

As the next few weeks unfold I will be in touch to keep you updated on what all is going on. If you check in at www.dreamcmo.com on a somewhat regular basis you may be able to read some posts from me and see more photos or videos of the experience.

Im sure the last thing you wanted to read today was another REALLY long email from me, but there was no way I could let another day go by without saying THANK YOU!!! Please forward this along to anyone that you involved in the voting process so that eventually I can pass my gratitude along to all of the thousands of people who were a part of this. I will eventually get to all of the individual emails and voice mails I received, so please dont feel that this mass email is the only thanks I have to offer to you. I just knew that I would burst if I didnt find some way to express my feelings to you!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!
    Sincerely,
    Justin Muchoney your Chief Magic Official

I feel lame for not seeing this thread before - that's SUPER EXCITING that one of our fellow MousePadders WON!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

(even tho - hate to say - I was voting for David H. - he's my stepmom's cousin!! But that was before I knew you were on MousePlanet - or I'd have thrown some votes your way too - BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED THEM!!!)

OMG - CONGRATS AGAIN - that's soooooooooooooooo exciting!!! I'll definitely check here more often for updates of how the CMO job is going!!!!

Katrina - Proud DLR APer

Quote Originally Posted by HTanner View Post
    I am so excited that someone who obviously loves Disney as much as I do won! Can I live vicariously through your experience?
    Absolutely!!! Thank you for the kind words as well. You can certainly share in this experience with me. I'll try to keep you as informed as I can on here and I know they'll be periodically updating www.dreamcmo.com as different things happen. You can also ask me any questions you may have (I can't promise I'll be able to answer them, but I'm more than happy to listen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    A huge congratulations to our very own Justin M for becoming the first ever Disney CMO! Woot!!!
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Congratulations Justin!
    Thanks! You guys are all so sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
    Congrats Justin!!
    Thanks for taking the time to pop in here and post, Disneyfalcon!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanKat View Post
    I feel lame for not seeing this thread before - that's SUPER EXCITING that one of our fellow MousePadders WON!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

(even tho - hate to say - I was voting for David H. - he's my stepmom's cousin!! But that was before I knew you were on MousePlanet - or I'd have thrown some votes your way too - BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED THEM!!!)

OMG - CONGRATS AGAIN - that's soooooooooooooooo exciting!!! I'll definitely check here more often for updates of how the CMO job is going!!!!

No need to feel lame! Thanks for the congrats, though! As for your family . .. your stepmom has an amazing cousin. David is a wonderful guy and I'm so lucky that I got to share this experience with him. No hard feelings from me about you voting for him - - - he's a great man!

You must be on cloud nine, Justin!

One question - do you think this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing or do you think they will have this position next year? LOL!!

This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Listen for Justin on Wednesday's MouseStation Podcast! (And, if I can get my act in gear, a written article on the site in the near future....)

Hey Justin, this is way cooler than me meeting Johnny Depp! I am so proud of you! I watched your video, it was so funny! You did a mousetanstic job! Have fun, I am sure this year will fly by!

DL 61/63/65/69 WDW 74/80/82/86/94/95/96/97/98/99/01/02/04/05/07/09
    Its not the way that you say it, when you do those things to me, its more the way that you mean it, when you tell me what will be............Justin Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by HTanner View Post
    You must be on cloud nine, Justin!

One question - do you think this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing or do you think they will have this position next year? LOL!!

THanks for the question! (Sorry it took me almost a month to reply!!! YIKES!) For me, this is a 12-month position. At the end of April of 2009 I will be done with my CMO responsibilities. As for what's next, who knows! I'm sure we'll be cooking up a new contest, campaign, or dream for someone new next year. I'll keep you posted if there is something exciting in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber View Post
    Listen for Justin on Wednesday's MouseStation Podcast! (And, if I can get my act in gear, a written article on the site in the near future....)

Thanks Mark! Now that I'm back from the first official CMO visit, I'd love to talk with you again if you think your audience would want to listen! The Toy Story Mania event was a blast and I can't say enough good things about the attraction. So much FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by gravette View Post
    Hey Justin, this is way cooler than me meeting Johnny Depp! I am so proud of you! I watched your video, it was so funny! You did a mousetanstic job! Have fun, I am sure this year will fly by!
    Ha ha! I don't know if it's cooler than Johnny Depp, but I appreciate it anyway! I really appreciate your kind words! Please keep checking in here AND at www.dreamcmo.com for some updates over the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions, don't be shy!

Hey gang, how's it going? I hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Just wanted to let you know that we are working on some updates to the www.dreamcmo.com page. One update (a thank you note from me to ALL of you!) is on there already. If you want to follow my journeys, that is probably the best place to go! I'll post here as often as I can and keep you updated on my various adventures as well!