Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All-new, all-different Disney Dream Job competition

All-new, all-different Disney Dream Job competition

Careerbuilder and Disney are teaming up again for a new Dream Job Contest. The title makes it sound like a sequel to the Disney Dream Jobs contest that I was a winner of last year, but it's really a whole different affair (albeit, one I'm still not allowed to enter).

Go go http://www.dreamcmo.com if you're interested in applying to become Disney's Chief Magical Officer during the second Year of a Million Dreams.

The CMO will keep a "Dream Blog", edit the Quarterly Dream Report, do speaking engagements on Finding Your Dream Job, talk with the media, and interact with Disney Park guests as a member of the Dream Squad.

The contest will receive:
    - Up to 8 (eight) round trip tickets for CMO appearances at Disney Parks events
    - Limo service between Disney Parks and airport
    - Deluxe accommodations while on CMO assignments
    - 20 Disney Parks admission passes
    - VIP host throughout each stay
    - Salary plus a per-visit bonus
    - Insurance to cover visits

More details at the site. Good luck, and if you win remember you heard it from me!

2. # ADS

Those of us like Clockworkmonkey and myself that won in 2007 are NOT eligible for entry, but we'd love to help make your dreams come true!

aka Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    2007 Disneyland Pirate Dream Job Winner

Full WDW Character and Show Schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Man I would love that job.
    My mac won't link to the survey or the video -- so I guess I'll have to watch it at home.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
    Those of us like Clockworkmonkey and myself that won in 2007 are NOT eligible for entry, but we'd love to help make your dreams come true!
    So what did you win in 2007 that made you ineligible for entry?

You could be a big pig too!

I could not link to them either and I have an IBM compatible. Anyone else having problems?

Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16
    WDW solo trips: '13, '14, and '16

"My favorite part of Disneyland is spending time with my family" -- DD, age 10

Quote Originally Posted by SeansMom View Post
    So what did you win in 2007 that made you ineligible for entry?
    Kenny and I were both winners of the Disney Dream Jobs Compeition, also sponsored by Disney and Careerbuilder.com. Kenny got to spend the day being a pirate at Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island and I got to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper. There were five winners each in those categories, plus Haunted Mansion butlers and a maid, princesses in waiting, and parade performers in the High School Musical Pep Rally.

Though the prize to this new contest couldn't be more different, the rules specify that those of us who won the last contest are ineligible for this one.

Yep, I be a mighty fine pirate indeed!

Don for CMO!

Would you guys take a look at my friend's video for the Dream CMO. He did it rather quickly. It's a little rough, but I think you'll like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDiHzDYyCjA

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It sounds interesting - but there's no way I could convey all I needed to in 60 seconds, let alone in a creative, fun, and eye-catching way! It's kind of like the essay contests that are 100 words or less. I can hardly make a post on MousePad that's 100 words, and I'm not starting 'cold' here!*

(57 words prior to the *)

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am considering entering myself, just for kicks. But heres the thing... the role does appear to require quite a bit of time.

Sure, you are compensated for it. Sure, its a trip to WDW. (Nothing ever bad about that.) But the reality of it is - you have to be very flexible in 2008 and 2009 and/or work around their schedule.

Trust me - I would work around any time issues if I won. But then again, I am blessed to work from home and can actually work from pretty much anywhere.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    ...the reality of it is - you have to be very flexible in 2008 and 2009 and/or work around their schedule.

Trust me - I would work around any time issues if I won. But then again, I am blessed to work from home and can actually work from pretty much anywhere.
    That's my prob. I manage a studio for an owner who wouldn't be that flexible letting me off to work for anyone else.

Good luck!
    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

It does look like a lot of time off work. That would be too many weekends for me personally.

Am going for it! Just need to find someone with a camera and editting experience... Only 16 days to do it too!!

While it is a lot of time off, I am exploring work-at-home opportunities in the IT sector. Has been a LONG time since I primarily worked from home (usually PM's are more effective in the office), but know I can do it. Especially if there is a possibility at the CMO! (My dad always said I should be a Disney Exec . )

If you don't win the cmo, just apply for a real job. They are always hiring IT

Am doing that in conjunction - burbank/glendale are ideal. N. Hollywood is where WDIG is, might be too far of a drive for me right now...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, has anyone created a video yet?

Cathy

New here - - - and entering CMO contest

Hey - I am in the process of editing my video for the CMO contest. I'll let you know when it is done and online . . .

Great site, by the way!

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries

We are still working on ours, we usually wait till the last minute. Sunnie will have one for sure and if I have enough time, I will get mine finished.

I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

My video is up and as soon as I can figure out how I'll throw a link on here so you can check it out. Anyone else? What's the latest?

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries

We finished the video for Sunnie late last night, I decided not to attempt to do one for myself today, especially since I saw someone with my idea on the CMO website last night. Sunnie's video is not posted on the CMO site yet but if someone can tell me a way to post it here without putting it on YouTube(still have not ruled that out yet), then let me know and I will.

I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

Dangerously Addicted to DLR

So Upset

We worked really hard on our application video, and have been attempting to upload it since before noon today. The site has been so slow and it never did accept our application. IT kept timing out and we kept resizing our video smaller to help it get through, but now we have 10 minutes left and the stupid site STILL won't let us upload it. We were completely within the timelines and size requirements.

So disappointing, after all our hard work.

- Callie
    "Happy is what happens when your dreams come true." Glinda the Good

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    We worked really hard on our application video, and have been attempting to upload it since before noon today. The site has been so slow and it never did accept our application. IT kept timing out and we kept resizing our video smaller to help it get through, but now we have 10 minutes left and the stupid site STILL won't let us upload it. We were completely within the timelines and size requirements.

So disappointing, after all our hard work.
    Same here. I actually had it ready yesterday and was about to upload when my hubby pointed out a tiny mistake. Being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work, I decided we would re-shoot that part this am. Woke up early, taped and editted it again and started uploading before 11 am. Wouldn't go through. Even thought it might have been our connection at first and called my sister & friends to have them all try. No one has been able to get through. Wonder why they chose to house the server/bandwith internal to careerbuilder this time where the last Disney Dream Job was via YouTube service...

Dangerously Addicted to DLR
    Quote Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
    Same here. I actually had it ready yesterday and was about to upload when my hubby pointed out a tiny mistake. Being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work, I decided we would re-shoot that part this am. Woke up early, taped and editted it again and started uploading before 11 am. Wouldn't go through. Even thought it might have been our connection at first and called my sister & friends to have them all try. No one has been able to get through. Wonder why they chose to house the server/bandwith internal to careerbuilder this time where the last Disney Dream Job was via YouTube service...
    Did you attempt to email them? I did. I sent a compalint via customer service about the inability to apply today. Seriously, they should have been better prepared for the surge of applications today. I'm just really bummed that we worked so hard for two weeks on this thing, and now don't even have the chance to be included.
    - Callie
    "Happy is what happens when your dreams come true." Glinda the Good

I Tried, Too and Logged "Feedback"

I tried yesterday, too. I logged some 'Feedback' but no reply yet. If anyone hears of any way to contact the contest, please share it. I read through the rules and everything I could on the CMO site to find a way to let them know I was trying but not getting through.

I'm thinking those of us who got to the video page had already submitted page 1 with our contact info. Maybe that gives us hope?

For your sake, I hope they have a heart and give you a break. Like you said, if you already submitten the written portion and couldn't upload the video because they were too busy, perhaps they'll offer an extension.

Sounds like you all had some really good videos that you put a lot of effort into - I would love to have seen them on the site!

Despite being ineligible, the 2007 Disney Dream Job winners have teamed up, found (created, really) a loophole, and (jokingly) entered the contest.

Our video is on YouTube here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6yb7XQN6rQE