Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2008 MouseAdventure: April 13, 2008

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    EXACTLY what you said. This was definitely taken into consideration when entertaining the idea of playing. With all three of my children, I have never gone into labor on my own, and my shortest labor of the three was 7 hours. Unless my water breaks, I don't think I have anything to worry about. And if it does, I should have plenty of time to get to the hospital.
    Oh yeah. We're totally on the same couch on this one! LOL! Bring those contractions ON! If you need to induce, you may as well be having fun while you do it!

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

2. # ADS

The Lost Falls Expedition is truly lost without our fearless captain. Since April 13 will find "The Mur" working 20 hour days to save his procrastination-prone clients from the big, bad IRS, the LFE will have to sit this one out.
    For the fall, anytime after October 15 would be lovely!

Can You Find Me Now? motomickey's Avatar

and.........

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    Who will rise?
    Who will fall?
    Who will try to bribe the staff with chocolate?
    Who will forget a writing utensil?
    Who will forget a team member?
    Who will have a clever shirts?
    Who will wake up 10 minutes before MA starts?
    Who will become the winner of MouseAdvenure: Spring 2008?
    WHO WILL FIND TRACY AND BEV????????
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
    That is Honor.......

Can you tell us which park(s) each division will be in?

Also, will you be giving the Basic division copies of the advanced quests again? (oh please oh please oh please!!)

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlewByYou View Post
    Can you tell us which park(s) each division will be in?
    Not yet. Click Me.

Adrienne
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    Maybe I am crazy for actually considering walking the event. My team already vetoed the idea and told me I would be in a wheelchair if I participate. That actually takes a lot of stress of of me. When I competed at 7 1/2 months pregnant a few years ago, I was having a lot of contractions. I was also a lot slower than usual, which stressed me out, since I am so competitive. In a wheelchair, I should have less contractions than if I was walking and also will not have to worry about keeping up with my team. Thank you (Oswald Returns) for your willingness to push me!
    As I recall, the rest of Oswald Returns nominated MPinSV to do the pushing. After all, he's the one responsible.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDG View Post
    As I recall, the rest of Oswald Returns nominated MPinSV to do the pushing. After all, he's the one responsible.
    Maybe gfy4dland could get him to push the baby out? That's where my mind went....

Adrienne

Seems like we ought to be hearing about MA signups fairly soon, eh?

lee is the man.

OOOOOOO I'm so excited. I really don't know whether we should try Advanced or not. We did pretty well in our last two MA's and this next one will be our fourth..

errah errah!

Hmmm.... I wonder what we'll engineer for you this time...

-J

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

oooooh scary!! My team has been shaken up again! My sister has a wedding that day. So, now it is my boyfriend and other sister. I might try to get a ringer!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    Hmmm.... I wonder what we'll engineer for you this time...

-J

Can't wait. I actually have a huge(3 day) wine exam at the Grand California starting on the 15th so if you could maybe have some wine quests to get me in the mood, that would be appreciated. Heck, the least you could do for me is have a drinking quest!
    I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

I've started looking at hotels for that time and everything on site is PRICEY! Are there any MA discounts being negotiated? Anywhere? Is there a time frame for when they might be announced?
    I know, I know .. it's still early.

MouseAdventure - DIS Diva

I am so excited! I will be back for MA after a 2 year absence.

MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    I am so excited! I will be back for MA after a 2 year absence.
    But losing to a far superior team!!
    Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Registration will open on either January 29th or 30th. I'll give you AT LEAST a 10-day warning. I should have final details in a few days.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    But losing to a far superior team!!
    Oh I'm sorry, how many times have you won MA? I have not lost since the last time I played!

MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, how many times have you won MA? I have not lost since the last time I played!
    But, you have never played against me!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Prices, format, etc...

As previously announced, details about format, park, pricing, categories, etc etc etc will be available SOON. Not today, not tomorrow, not March, SOON.

There is something we're trying to finalize before we open registration, thus the delay.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

A quick question. We have a 10 year old son that will be part of our team this time (his older brother has done the last 2 MAs with us and now our 10 year old is dying to participate)!! Will we be required to register in the Family Division due to his age?

(Apologies if this has been covered already; I used the search function but couldn't find anything on this.)

Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

lee is the man.

Thanks AVP!

=]

errah errah!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaspixie View Post
    A quick question. We have a 10 year old son that will be part of our team this time (his older brother has done the last 2 MAs with us and now our 10 year old is dying to participate)!! Will we be required to register in the Family Division due to his age?
    You can either do Family or Advanced, but not Basic.

AVP

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    You can either do Family or Advanced, but not Basic.

AVP
    Thank you for replying! And...I think we'll go with Family then. We tried Advanced division last fall and, uh, wow, that was a humbling day . Can't wait for April!!
    Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

Any news on which park(s) the advanced division will be? Will basic be in Disneyland only? Any news on whether you will give copies of the advanced quests to the basic people just to have it? I liked going back to the park and doing those quests. Since basic people pay the same price as the advanced, it seems only fair that they get copies, too. Still trying to decide on basic or advanced. Any help would be appreciated!

Those of you that played basic before and switched to advanced--were you glad you did or are you going back to basic?? Thoughts??