Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2008 MouseAdventure: April 13, 2008

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

Lightbulb Spring 2008 MouseAdventure: April 13, 2008

From the December 4, 2007 MousePlanet Disneyland Resort update...

Mark your calendars: MouseAdventure returns April 13, 2008

MousePlanet is pleased to announce that our next MouseAdventure event will be held Sunday April 13, 2008 at the Disneyland Resort. Further event details, including park, format, cost, event capacity and registration dates will be announced after the new year, but we wanted to give players as much advance notice as possible so you can clear your calendars. Many thanks to the Disneyland Resort event sales department for allowing us to confirm our event date so far in advance.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Who will rise?
    Who will fall?
    Who will try to bribe the staff with chocolate?
    Who will forget a writing utensil?
    Who will forget a team member?
    Who will have a clever shirts?
    Who will wake up 10 minutes before MA starts?
    Who will become the winner of MouseAdvenure: Spring 2008?

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A GREAT BIG thank you to the MousePlanet Staff and DLR staff for being able to confirm dates so far in advance! Those of us who can't just drive to the resort REALLY appreciate it!

Cathy

Yep, what Drince88 said....

Now that 2/3 of our team lives on the other side of the country from Disneyland, it is great to have the date so early so we can look for cheap plane tickets and hotel rooms. Thanks so much to MousePlanet and to Disneyland for making this happen!

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

lee is the man.

Woohoo! Thanks for announcing so early! I'm already wayyyyy excited!

errah errah!

I was surprised to see this announcement so soon. Thanks! I will be about 38 weeks pregnant at that time, but that won't stop me (barring any unforeseen problems). Btw, it's a girl! The boys were trying to even the score, but now we have them solidly outnumbered.

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

I have roasted marshmallows! PanFan's Avatar

Woohoo!!! To answer Niwel's final question: Peter's Pans (duh!)

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PanFan View Post
    Woohoo!!! To answer Niwel's final question: Peter's Pans (duh!)
    It's On!
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    Who will rise?
    Who will fall?
    I believe the question is..."Who will remain on top?"

We'll be ready to defend our title!

swanie
    www.RunningoftheEars.com

MA Teams Luck Be a Lady & It's My Way or the Skyway!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanie View Post
    I believe the question is..."Who will remain on top?"
    And I believe the question is... "Which teams will correctly solve the pre-event quest that gives them the password needed to even get into the registration screen?"

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    And I believe the question is... "Which teams will correctly solve the pre-event quest that gives them the password needed to even get into the registration screen?"

AVP
    Now THAT'S a good idea. Keeps out the riff raff....
    - Julie

AVP
    That would be AWESOME!!!!! Bring it on!!!!
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries

AVP
    And just remember that some of us have old eyes, so don't make it too faint to see!
    Cathy

So does a team get extra points if that date is their fearless leader's birthday? After our last showing, we need all the help we can get.

AVP
    As long as it doesn't involve show and parade schedules, we should be OK.

swanie
    www.RunningoftheEars.com

MA Teams Luck Be a Lady & It's My Way or the Skyway!

Member - Lost Falls Expedition TheMur's Avatar

So sad.....the Lost Falls Expedition will likely be exploring a new tributary.

OK really one of us works in the world of tax and will be busy helping people figure out how to not pay money to the government.

Officially lobbying for events AFTER April 15 and October 15!!

The Mur -

May 2013 - Let the Music Begin!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMur View Post
    So sad.....the Lost Falls Expedition will likely be exploring a new tributary.

OK really one of us works in the world of tax and will be busy helping people figure out how to not pay money to the government.

Officially lobbying for events AFTER April 15 and October 15!!
    I knew you guys were not going to be happy about the date, but there really was no option if we wanted to have a spring event. I'm sorry guys - I promise Fall will be worth waiting for!

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries

We will celebrate this announcement by participating in tomorrow's Mini Mouse Adventure in WDW's Magic Kingdom! Thanks all for getting the date booked so early!

I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

Happily Ever After with my Prince.

Its hard that the MA is before April 15, we have an accountant on our team and we very well may sit this one out. No biggie. Not much the MA staff can do, its not easy working with Disney and to orginize MA isn't a small task.

Thanks MA staff for announcing the date so early.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Abominable View Post
    We will celebrate this announcement by participating in tomorrow's Mini Mouse Adventure in WDW's Magic Kingdom! Thanks all for getting the date booked so early!
    Hope you have a fun time with it! I'm bummed I'm missing this for the first time!

(And the accountant on my team works for the private sector, so April 15 isn't that huge of a deal for her!)
    Cathy

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

As soon as registration opens next year ... we'll start at Team Roll call thread. But don't let that stop you from continuing to trash-talk.

Hakuna Matata

After talking with friends and family about doing MA at 38 weeks pregnant, I have heard the gamut of responses from:

"You're not actually going to do that!" and "You're crazy!"

to

"What else would you be doing?" and "I wouldn't expect anything else."

Maybe I am crazy for actually considering walking the event. My team already vetoed the idea and told me I would be in a wheelchair if I participate. That actually takes a lot of stress of of me. When I competed at 7 1/2 months pregnant a few years ago, I was having a lot of contractions. I was also a lot slower than usual, which stressed me out, since I am so competitive. In a wheelchair, I should have less contractions than if I was walking and also will not have to worry about keeping up with my team. Thank you (Oswald Returns) for your willingness to push me!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    When I competed at 7 1/2 months pregnant a few years ago, I was having a lot of contractions. I was also a lot slower than usual, which stressed me out, since I am so competitive. In a wheelchair, I should have less contractions than if I was walking and also will not have to worry about keeping up with my team. Thank you (Oswald Returns) for your willingness to push me!
    Do you tend to have fast labors? You've probably told me this already but my memory seriously sucks. (Really, it does.) With my #3 EVERYONE with a medical opinion was SURE I was going to "go early." He was my only overdue baby and none of my labors was short.

38 weeks? No sweat. If it were ME I'd be thinking: Maybe I could play MA and it'll induce labor. Sweeeeet.

But that's just me.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I wouldn't do it, but I went early both times (3 weeks and 1 week) and my second labor was just over 3 hours. Had I gone into labor with that one say at Paradise Pier, by the time I walked to the car and made it out of the parking garage I'd be in transision! Not to mention both labors started with my water breaking, fortunately at home both times.

Originally Posted by adriennek
    38 weeks? No sweat. If it were ME I'd be thinking: Maybe I could play MA and it'll induce labor. Sweeeeet.
    EXACTLY what you said. This was definitely taken into consideration when entertaining the idea of playing. With all three of my children, I have never gone into labor on my own, and my shortest labor of the three was 7 hours. Unless my water breaks, I don't think I have anything to worry about. And if it does, I should have plenty of time to get to the hospital.